over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

carb nite?

machomadness22

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with this diet? It's something similar with a keto with a 1 day refeed except you cant start eating carbs until 7pm on Sunday until you go to bed. Its been explained as a free-for-all of food on Sunday. Cake, pizza, hamburgers etc. Then you start your diet again. Has anyone tried this?

Its actually not a bad diet for someone that is really over weight. It works pretty well. WOrks even better if you eat clean foods instead of the jump foods you listed. personally i like his carb backloading better but I'm about 10-12% BF so i really don't need the carb night as much as the backloading. Truth being said, they are both pretty good diets but i like the renegade diet better out of all 3 of them.

agree with cowboy, carb backloading works extremely well if you stay strict and stick to the plan
i could literally stuff myself with pounds of ice cream and pizza until passing out after heavy lifting sessions and still lose bodyfat, as long as i really suffered during the off days and the low calorie part of the day

carb nite also works well, however its not a free for all ticket to stuff your face imo... you can undo the progress you did during the week if your carb nite is "too drastic"... however since you should start it late in the day its pretty much impossible to overdo it for most people as long as they dont put down portions like furious pete :D

Never tried this diet but from what I read iron addicts version of the warrior diet appears more appealing....

Sweet guys I'm not to familiar with the carb backloading i'll have to do some research on that.

Ive been carb back loading mostly for the past year. Love it. Great for non competitor gym rats.

Sweet guys I'm not to familiar with the carb backloading i'll have to do some research on that.

Its pretty simple. You basically do Keto for a week-10 days to get insulin sensitivity very high. After that you only consume carbs after you train at night. During the day its protein/fat/veggies/fiber..workout..then its high carb and protein only. Off days you are back to keto.

Ive been carb back loading mostly for the past year. Love it. Great for non competitor gym rats.

Why u say non competitor? Some claim it's possible to get shredded using this diet. That wasn't ur experience with it?

Why u say non competitor? Some claim it's possible to get shredded using this diet. That wasn't ur experience with it?

I got very lean on it. Im saying i dont think its optimal for people doing competitions. I could be wrong...just my opinion.

Its pretty simple. You basically do Keto for a week-10 days to get insulin sensitivity very high. After that you only consume carbs after you train at night. During the day its protein/fat/veggies/fiber..workout..then its high carb and protein only. Off days you are back to keto.

Interesting so as far as carbs at night after you train go is it just high glycemic carbs free-for-all with protein? I've been trying to find articles on it and have found a few articles I'm just having trouble understanding it so would this be considered a carb backloading diet example:

meal 1) 1 carton eggs whites w/evoo or coconut oil
meal2) chicken with greens
meal3) chicken greens
meal4) grass fed beef with greens
meal 5) meat w/ greens
and I'm assuming you can add as much good fat into this keto diet? Such as evoo on salads and etc.

Interesting so as far as carbs at night after you train go is it just high glycemic carbs free-for-all with protein? I've been trying to find articles on it and have found a few articles I'm just having trouble understanding it so would this be considered a carb backloading diet example:

meal 1) 1 carton eggs whites w/evoo or coconut oil
meal2) chicken with greens
meal3) chicken greens
meal4) grass fed beef with greens
meal 5) meat w/ greens
and I'm assuming you can add as much good fat into this keto diet? Such as evoo on salads and etc.

Yes that would be the day time portion of the Carb Back loading diet. (Although you can have whole eggs). Plenty of good fats, yes!

Post workout for example:

Protein shake w/ carbs.

Dinner: lean protein source w/white rice or Potatoes.

If you want more carbs after that you can have as much as your dietary needs allow. Thats the clean way to do it...many people eat junk and sugary carbs. Id limit that to maybe couple days a week.

Keep in mind just because you are allowed most of your carbs post workout, doesn't mean you have to. What i mean is i adjust my carbs based on the workout i just did. As most know, i stopped the big bodybuilding routines about 2 years ago and went to 2 days of DC training and 3 days of crossfit. After my DC days, i can really hammer the carbs post WO. I can also have a big about of carbs if my crossfit was brutal that day. But on days that CF is more cardio or minimal muscle breakdown, i might have a small amount of carbs or i might not have any. Yesterdays workout was more subdue as we have been hammering our bodies and yesterday was a bit easier and i didn't feel that we taxed our muscles enough. SO for dinner i skipped the heavy carbs and just had chicken breast and some veggies.

Yes that would be the day time portion of the Carb Back loading diet. (Although you can have whole eggs). Plenty of good fats, yes!

Post workout for example:

Protein shake w/ carbs.

Dinner: lean protein source w/white rice or Potatoes.

If you want more carbs after that you can have as much as your dietary needs allow. Thats the clean way to do it...many people eat junk and sugary carbs. Id limit that to maybe couple days a week.

I'd read up on the carb-backloading diet, and I just never had the balls to do it. However, I'm not a big junk food person, and I think I always thought of this as more like the diet people had to do when they couldn't say no to junk food or high-glycemic carbs late at night. I've always had a lot of self-control, so I shrugged off the thought of this. It might be interesting to try with a strict mind-frame though.

Keep in mind just because you are allowed most of your carbs post workout, doesn't mean you have to. What i mean is i adjust my carbs based on the workout i just did. As most know, i stopped the big bodybuilding routines about 2 years ago and went to 2 days of DC training and 3 days of crossfit. After my DC days, i can really hammer the carbs post WO. I can also have a big about of carbs if my crossfit was brutal that day. But on days that CF is more cardio or minimal muscle breakdown, i might have a small amount of carbs or i might not have any. Yesterdays workout was more subdue as we have been hammering our bodies and yesterday was a bit easier and i didn't feel that we taxed our muscles enough. SO for dinner i skipped the heavy carbs and just had chicken breast and some veggies.

I think this is one of the most important things that people tend to overlook. If your diet allows you to have a cheat day or a cheat meal, most people over time, after having seen the results of hardwork, dedication, and sacrifice, will want to have that cheat meal be a little less of a cheater than they initially did.
Don't get caught in the belief that you have to go all out and eat two large pizzas with a gallon of ranch to maintain sanity. It's simply prolonging the time you have before reaching your goal.

Yeah after dieting for a few months my idea of a cheat changes from a pizza to maybe a blueberry muffin with breakfast.
Shitty food makes me feel shitty once I'm into my diet a month or so.

I'd read up on the carb-backloading diet, and I just never had the balls to do it. However, I'm not a big junk food person, and I think I always thought of this as more like the diet people had to do when they couldn't say no to junk food or high-glycemic carbs late at night. I've always had a lot of self-control, so I shrugged off the thought of this. It might be interesting to try with a strict mind-frame though.

Yeah its obviously healthier to not consume junk for your backloads and stick with typical "bb'ing foods"..BUT, lets say you did an insane Leg workout with heavy squats and wanted A burger with fries and ice cream. You could easily get away with that without much damage.

The whole point of it is to have take in your carbs post workout when your muscles are a vaccum and insulin sucks everything up. "Insulin hacking" i believe the creator calls it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws