YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working outside in the HEAT, whats the best thing to drink?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I usually freeze a gallon jug of water and drink that as the day goes on. I also put about 20 drops of liquid trace minerals in there as well to help absorption and replenish what's lost in sweat. But I keep thinking there is a better way. When's it's really hot out, I can go up to 3 gallons in a day between work and the gym.

I was thinking LBAs, but not sure it's enough. I have also done alot of Gatorade in the past and felt good on that, but the sugars add up.

Point is I want to absorb more of the water I drink instead of sweating or pissing it out. I feel very flat sometimes no matter how much I drink.

I fill up a gallon jug. Slice up a lemon or so and drop the wedges in there and then add 2 or three tablespoons of liquid glycerol. Tastes just like fresh squeezed lemonade. The glycerol helps with hyper hydration and the lemon juice is good for digestion and liver health.

Can't beat high quality H2O IMO...I have a cooler full always, and I keep a windsock in there like the fishermen use. That keeps your head cool.. Big floppy hat and go at it!! [emoji41]

I used to water down some pedialyte and drink it all day. Now I just add fruits and vegetables and shit to my water (my girl got me into it). I work inside these days though.

heat

I normally throw a pack of Squincher into a gallon of water and sip on it during the day.

I do lawn care in Florida, sweat my nuts off in summer. I drink lots of water, but I also salt the crap out of all my food with sea salt. I will also put some salt in my palm and throw it back in my mouth and wash down with water several times a day on really hot days. Been doing this for years now. Haven't had ANY cramps in years. My energy in the evenings went way up as well, pumps from training are way better as well.

LBA's would be a great choice or straight glycerol.

Glycerol has been shown to enhance hyperhydration through osmotic gradient in the medulla's of the kidney's, therefore higher fluid retention.

Or grass-fed chocolate milk with LBA's... :)

Last edited:
Glycerol has been shown to enhance hyperhydration through osmotic gradient in the medulla's of the kidney's, therefore higher fluid retention.

Dayum doctor, let me get out my medical dictionary.:D

There is a thread in the "skin, hair, and nails" section on shaving. Reminds me, removing body hair I think helps immensely in the heat. I take a hair shaver to my legs and a razor to my chest and arms about twice a week to help with sweating. Our work shirts are also the "dry fit" material, no cotton, if I wear a cotton shirt in summer I start sweating almost as soon as I walk outside of the ac.

Dayum doctor, let me get out my medical dictionary.:D

The medulla is the middle portion of the kidney's. The main function is filtering out waste, eliminating and balancing fluids, and controlling blood pressure.

Osmosis or Osmotic pressure is the primary means by which water is transported into and out of cells.

Coconut water with added EAA's and drink that through the day. You could try getting some coconut water powder and add aminos.

I have just got a new product that would be great for you. Google... ALL DAY YOU MAY. Actually MUTANT REHAB would be great too if you wanted more carbs for fullness.

Last edited:
I've been hydrating after comps with raw coconut water. The deal unpasteurized and Un heated kind is pink in color and full of electrolytes and vitamins that will hydrate you immediately. I get it from smiths or whole foods. Maybe give this a try and see how you feel.

Coconut water with added EAA's and drink that through the day. You could try getting some coconut water powder and add aminos.

I have just got a new product that would be great for you. Google... ALL DAY YOU MAY. Actually MUTANT REHAB would be great too if you wanted more carbs for fullness.

I've been hydrating after comps with raw coconut water. The deal unpasteurized and Un heated kind is pink in color and full of electrolytes and vitamins that will hydrate you immediately. I get it from smiths or whole foods. Maybe give this a try and see how you feel.

The health benefits os coconut water has been over-stated by marketers. Coconut water doesn't have enough sodium and is only high in one electrolyte: Potassium.

And while pink coconuts are high in phenol-antioxidants, that doesn't mean that clear kind is bad or "processed". It's just the luck of the draw WRT color. Some water is clear some is pink.

I buy Harmless Harvest coconut water by the case, though. Not for anything other than it's the best one I've tasted. But for hydration, water and glycerol are hard to beat. Although I feel like glycerol makes "my mouth more thirsty." My cells may be hydrated but my mouth gets dry.

Pedialyte, plus supplement with 1 gram taurine in between meal, 3-5 grams per day to pull water into the muscle cells.

Emergen-C is good stuff

just don't over do it or the acid reflux will kick up

you gotta watch the heat-it's no joke, when you start seeing spots that's about the only warning your going to get (for me that's the case) after that heat exhaustion or stroke

I worked with a guy in Florida that had heat stroke-put him in the hospital for 3 days and now he can't sweat...I called bullshit on it but no he really can't-95 degree weather and not a drop on him

now he has no way of cooling himself

I usually freeze a gallon jug of water and drink that as the day goes on. I also put about 20 drops of liquid trace minerals in there as well to help absorption and replenish what's lost in sweat. But I keep thinking there is a better way. When's it's really hot out, I can go up to 3 gallons in a day between work and the gym.

I was thinking LBAs, but not sure it's enough. I have also done alot of Gatorade in the past and felt good on that, but the sugars add up.

Point is I want to absorb more of the water I drink instead of sweating or pissing it out. I feel very flat sometimes no matter how much I drink.
Doesn't it fucking suck bro? I've been laying block and pouring concrete in 95 degree, 80% humidity weather lately and want to fucking die. It's so horrid. Everyone accuses me of being a tweaker cuz of how drenched in sweat I get and I swear I drink 2 gallons of water in the morning alone. Plus a couple Gatorades. The other day I puked up water violently because I was so hot and drank so much lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The health benefits os coconut water has been over-stated by marketers. Coconut water doesn't have enough sodium and is only high in one electrolyte: Potassium.

And while pink coconuts are high in phenol-antioxidants, that doesn't mean that clear kind is bad or "processed". It's just the luck of the draw WRT color. Some water is clear some is pink.

I buy Harmless Harvest coconut water by the case, though. Not for anything other than it's the best one I've tasted. But for hydration, water and glycerol are hard to beat. Although I feel like glycerol makes "my mouth more thirsty." My cells may be hydrated but my mouth gets dry.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity