over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

prolonged bronkaid use

hanquin

Registered
anybody have any issues from prolonged use of ephedrine/bronkaid? backstory: i started using eph/caffeine as a cutting aid years ago, but i'd cycle it on and off. well, my sleep apnea got really bad, did a sleep study, got a cpap machine, still have issues sleeping with it, horrible insomnia, excessive daytime sleepiness so i started using bronkiad daily. not really abusing it, usually 2, sometimes 3 pills a day to really just stay awake. did this for a bout 3 years every day til finally my doc prescribes me provigil which has been a god send. no need for bronkaid anymore, and i've had asthma my whole life anyway, so i stopped bronkaid. NOW i'm constantly having chest tightness, persistent dry cough, inhalers do nothing. the weird thing is that my lungs actually feel BETTER when working out, worse when just sitting around. i'm starting to fear pulmonary hypertension, but maybe my lungs are just 'addicted' to the bronkaid and are just trying to normalize. been about 2 weeks and it some days are better than others, gonna give it another few days and get it checked out. anybody else have something like this? it seemed to have started right as i quit the bronkaid, but who knows what in the world it is.

Bump...I told my Doc I would pop a couple bronkaids before cardio and he damn near fell over. He said stop takingt those immediatley. I dont have azma. He was worried about BP. So I figured I would not mention the other suppliments to him as he might fall out and I would have to do CPR on a DOC.

well, tried an experiment today. went ahead and took one this AM and my breathing became 50-75% better so i'm pretty sure that my lungs have become 'addicted' to them. that being said, i'm gonna go ahead and ween myself off. still gonna see the doc in the meantime, but it's just nice to have some goddamn relief, honestly.

what kind of sides you get from the Provigil? I need my wits about me at work and I don't need issues with thinking straight or reduced reaction times.

provigil seems to have no sides to speak of, actually. been using it with oxyracetam, anairacetam and choline with a bit of phenibut @ work and it's been the best nootropic stack ever. i'm a beast there lol. but my lungs are killing me.

well, tried an experiment today. went ahead and took one this AM and my breathing became 50-75% better so i'm pretty sure that my lungs have become 'addicted' to them. that being said, i'm gonna go ahead and ween myself off. still gonna see the doc in the meantime, but it's just nice to have some goddamn relief, honestly.

bronkaid is a bronchodialator, so you are going to feel different when on compared to off. If you have some sort of disease process then it is only masking the disease. I would get it checked out to make sure that there is not a problem.

bronkaid is a bronchodialator, so you are going to feel different when on compared to off. If you have some sort of disease process then it is only masking the disease. I would get it checked out to make sure that there is not a problem.

indeed.could be pulmonary/cardiac hypertension or it could be just a detox thing. either way, dr. visit is imminent.

Provigil can cause some shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. I had this issue when I took it and tried to do cardio. Labored breathing to the extent I couldn't catch my breath. If you can tolerate the sleepiness, come off all drugs and see how you feel. There is also another underlying reason for your extreme sleepiness. I'd becareful using substances that can inherently increase BP long term. That can also contribute to EDS.

Provigil can cause some shortness of breath and difficulty breathing. I had this issue when I took it and tried to do cardio. Labored breathing to the extent I couldn't catch my breath. If you can tolerate the sleepiness, come off all drugs and see how you feel. There is also another underlying reason for your extreme sleepiness. I'd becareful using substances that can inherently increase BP long term. That can also contribute to EDS.

i was actually wondering about the provigil causing the shortness of breath, but couldn't find any research to back it up.

but i also think it's b/c i came off the bronk cold turkey. like i said, i took one this AM and breathing is like 70% better. i'm thinking my lungs are just dependent on it, and i'll have to ween myself off.

It's a well established negative side effect. Just google the package insert or provigil and SOB off. Several references. Could be an allergy to the medication. Speak with a pulmonlogist. I'll ask a few folks and see what they have to say. If it's true, the same rationale ought to apply to albuterol. There could be a adjustment period- like a rebound syndrome after abrupt discontinuation (possibly).

Could be an underlying pulmonary issue if your symptoms persist and improve with brochiodiolators. Just becareful mixing stimulants/supplements.

It's a well established negative side effect. Just google the package insert or provigil and SOB off. Several references. Could be an allergy to the medication. Speak with a pulmonlogist. I'll ask a few folks and see what they have to say. If it's true, the same rationale ought to apply to albuterol. There could be a adjustment period- like a rebound syndrome after abrupt discontinuation (possibly).

wow. so i just googled the sides of provigil and there it is in black and white. and come to think of it, it did seem to get worse when i started the provigil, so i'm gonna go ahead and lay off for a few days and see what happens. i never thought of that, and it sucks b/c that stuff has been awesome for me. gonna go to the dr next week when i have a few days off, but lay off the prov in the meantime. i played hell getting that stuff prescribed, too b/c insurance didn't wanna pay. it's expensive as hell and 300mg/day (high dose, i know) is the sweet spot for me.

i'm on day 3 of no provigil, and there's a MARKED improvement in my breathing. i have used bronkaid (sparingly) but overall i'd say it's about 70% better. it's amazing, hut sucks b/c the daytime sleepiness, but at least i can breathe without coughing my lungs out.

Yup. I was definitely disappointed when I learned provigil was causing my breathing issues. I simply couldn't catch my breath while running 2 miles a day. Upon discontinuation, I was rocking a great 2-mile time. That's the only factor that had changed and I also noticed marked improvement. I tried albuterol before running but the provigil induced SOB was still problematic. If you can switch to nuvigil, give it a shot. Best of luck at least you've identified the most likely culprit and can start making some changes. You can also switch to an amphetamine if your doctor is cool enough.

well, what i did was today (being the weekend) i used only 100 mg of provi - which i normally need 300 mg - but i also supp'd some caffeine in as well.no breathing probs, so i may take tomorrow off then go to 200 mg on monday and see what's up. i wonder if nuvigil is diff in the breathing dept? i really don't want to go the amphetamine route, but i have to do something. i really appreciate your input, overman. this has helped me out a lot.

Couldn't it be Adrenal fatigue causing your tiredness from so much bronchaid/stim use?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws