over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cardiotoxicity in rabbits after long-term nandrolone decanoate administration

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I thought I would share this:

Highlights

Cardiovascular effects of nandrolone decanoate on young rabbits.

Focal fibrosis and inflammatory infiltrations of cardiac tissue in high dose groups.

Preserved systolic performance, distorted MPI values, diastolic impairment.

TBARS increased in high dose groups, troponin increased in wash-out period.

Heart tissue relative telomerase activity increased dose-dependently.

Abstract

Abuse of anabolic androgenic steroids is linked to a variety of cardiovascular complications. The aim of our study was to investigate the possible cardiovascular effects of nandrolone decanoate on young rabbits using echocardiography, histology and monitoring of telomerase activity, oxidative stress and biochemical markers. Fourteen rabbits were divided into three administration groups and the control group. Doses of 4 mg/kg and 10 mg/kg of nandrolone decanoate, given intramuscularly and subcutaneously, two days per week for six months were applied. A 4-months wash-out period followed. Focal fibrosis and inflammatory infiltrations of cardiac tissue were observed in the high dose groups. Thiobarbituric acid-reactive species (TBARS) levels were significantly increased in the high dose groups, while catalase activity decreased. Myocardial Performance Index (MPI) is the main echocardiographic index primarily affected by nandrolone administration in rabbits. Despite the preserved systolic performance, histological lesions observed associated with distorted MPI values, point to diastolic impairment of the thickened myocardium due to nandrolone treatment. Oxidative stress accumulates and telomerase activity in cardiac tissue rises. Subcutaneous administration seems to be more deleterious to the cardiovascular system, as oxidative stress, telomerase activity and biochemical markers do not appear to return into normal values in the wash-out period.

Cardiotoxicity in rabbits after long-term nandrolone decanoate administration

I hate reading things like this :(

Npp takes my resting heart rate from 75 to around 102 so that shit can't be good

A dose of 10mg/kg is no joke and given for 6 months to lil bugs bunny. For a 200lb man that equals about 900mg/wk. Rabbits and smaller animals also have higher resting heart rates as well, could that impact things? No deca for me, I`m gonna stick with the safe stuff, TREN ;)

A dose of 10mg/kg is no joke and given for 6 months to lil bugs bunny. For a 200lb man that equals about 900mg/wk. Rabbits and smaller animals also have higher resting heart rates as well, could that impact things? No deca for me, I`m gonna stick with the safe stuff, TREN ;)

You forgot the "twice weekly" part which brings it to 1,800mg/week.

Jesus. 1800 a week. Nuts. NPP only for this guy and no more than 500mg 6-8 wks. In and out quick.

lol @ bold part

keep in mind that animal dosages are FAR from being 1:1 translated to humans...
the human equivalent is much different vs rabbits.
i dont know if they kept this into account since i dont have access to the full study.

oh yea. I read that quick and thought the dose was split between those 2 days. 1800mg :eek:

I was joking about the tren being safer:p

Have not run decca for years but I recall taking Norma pharm deca 300-400mg a week with bayer pimo (it was cheaper then) 10 -12 years ago with some oregnon sus 250....that was one of the best cycle's i remember taking.

No decca dick but I was also 25 or so rabbit fucking everything that moved.

Missed taking decca.

I usually run around 900. The last two runs I have felt a bit of strain cardio wise. My resting bp last week when I decided to call my run quits. Was 102 the week before I was in the 80s. Still to high. This will be my last run with it. Sure will miss it though. Getting older sucks. Running out of compounds to play with

110% or expect to regret it!

oh yea. I read that quick and thought the dose was split between those 2 days. 1800mg :eek:

I was joking about the tren being safer:p

Yes not quite sure if the dose is split or administered twice? Regardless those rabbits are serious abusers and give us BBs a bad name. :)

I usually run around 900. The last two runs I have felt a bit of strain cardio wise. My resting bp last week when I decided to call my run quits. Was 102 the week before I was in the 80s. Still to high. This will be my last run with it. Sure will miss it though. Getting older sucks. Running out of compounds to play with

I get scared when my heart rate goes above 75. I had to quit T4 because it made me a little hyperthyroid in the mid-high 80s. That shit needs to be as low as possible.

I get scared when my heart rate goes above 75. I had to quit T4 because it made me a little hyperthyroid in the mid-high 80s. That shit needs to be as low as possible.

How low do I go with it.

How low do I go with it.

Well it's pretty well documented that lower resting heart rate is better for cardiovascular health so 55-75 I would say would be great. When I'm dieting and doing everything right, mine is 60-70 depending on time of day.

lol @ bold part

keep in mind that animal dosages are FAR from being 1:1 translated to humans...
the human equivalent is much different vs rabbits.
i dont know if they kept this into account since i dont have access to the full study.

Beat me to it , not so simple a conversion from animals to humans, but regardless a good study. I should be able to access the full study from school on Thursday if need be

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131