over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone else look better training less?

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I've been experimenting back-and-forth with different training methods and I've noticed that I actually look better when I train less. I was training 5 to 6 days a week higher volume higher intensity and then switched to around 3-4 days a week with less volume and less intensity. I noticed I look slightly more full from only training 3-4 days a week. At first I thought maybe it was just my body wanted a break and that's why but after experimenting several times it seems like only three or four days a week training lets me look my best. Anyone else like this?

Three days per week for me but turning 62 next week. That extra recovery time pays off in a big way for the elderly !

Most ectos.

x2

Less can be more. Although I like to train very high volume and I am ecto but I just enjoy the gym. There is no definite answer but I often find people tend to notice initial improvements (if training effectively) whenever they change over routine. Meaning guys who train 3 days per week and 1 hour per day if they swop over to 5 days per week and 90 mins a time it tends to shock the body. They may experience more growth or just extra hardness/leaness due to the increased expenditure. The same could be stated for changing it the other way round for opposite reasons. Again there is no set answer and rotation/change/deloading etc are all good things. Muscles grow in recovery and often too much stress can be a bad thing so dropping the volume down is usually a great system for many.

I am personally a big fan of training most bodyparts 2-3 times per week for approx 20-30 mins a time. Although right now I am just blasting the volume most days. There are many ways up the mountain. Your diet and drugs may even be bigger influences as long as your not seriously fucking up your training.

Last edited:
I started out as an ecto and am now ecto/meso imo.
BUT my point is, when diet and super supps are right I could do a 3 on 1 off split for contest prep from 25 to 35 years old. NOW, near 40 yr old, I can BARELY make it 3 days in a row of training. the day off is like all napping and minimal exertion of any energy lol.

tbh, 2 on 1 off is prob what I should do now If I want to lift intense again. right now I just lowered weight a bit increased reps slightly and reduced rest periods dramatically. its working so far. 25 pound gained in 40 days lol (and for other reasons, I am in transformation contest)
-F2S

just realized I didn't answer OP at all lol sorry...

there might be a really simple answer as to why you might look better training less, you are more full. your muscle glycogen is more full. you aren't depleted.

edit: its kinda like guys that say when they did less cardio their legs held more size. same thing really.
-F2S

Last edited:
I work out much differently than when I was younger. It's maturity. Doing what works rather than what looks cool or what others are doing. I do 3 days a week with weights and now cut it to 2 for a bit with yoga replacing a weight workout and I still look the same or better. I may not be crazy strong but I look much stronger than I am without the cost of killing my joints.

Weren't Dorian Yates's workouts like 30-45 minutes long? Dexter Jackson supposedly lifts 3 days a week.

I'm the opposite. The more the better for me. Alas, keeping the intensity in check so I don't burn out.

I work out much differently than when I was younger. It's maturity. Doing what works rather than what looks cool or what others are doing. I do 3 days a week with weights and now cut it to 2 for a bit with yoga replacing a weight workout and I still look the same or better. I may not be crazy strong but I look much stronger than I am without the cost of killing my joints.

Weren't Dorian Yates's workouts like 30-45 minutes long? Dexter Jackson supposedly lifts 3 days a week.

Dorian trained just like most of the other pros. Those 2-3 sets prior to his all out failure set were more like working sets.

I'm an endo, training frequently for me really boosts my metabolism and helps me to stay as lean as I can while maximizing strength. However, once I'm nice and lean, if I back off for a few weeks but still train heavy, I'm often amazed at how full my muscles become.

Definitely ectos. We look a little bit fuller and can look kinda decent in clothes

Definitely ectos. We look a little bit fuller and can look kinda decent in clothes
Blah, blah, blah. Being a endo, I secretly hate all ectos. Lol! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

The fuller effect is most likely glycogen stores. More training depletes the stores giving a lesser fullness. I just eat tons of carbs and train a lot. I love food too much and I love training too much to only train 3 days a week. Now that I'm taking Gh and plenty of gear, I'm pounding it all the time. I'll be 45 in July btw.

The last part of Elvia's post is spot on IMHO.

Last edited:
I grow a little better with less training frequency but I like my look better when training 5-6 days a week, I look more conditioned.

I also like to rotate between the two training style 8 weeks of 5-6 days a week and 4-5 weeks of 3-4 days a week. I do this in the off season, to keep intensity high and not get bored with the same routine.

I have always done a every other day routine.. Can't do two in a row without feeling drained.. Done this since I started training 34 years ago..

I'm definitely 100% ecto and definitely look 100% better training everyday (lower [but not low] intensity) than if I trained less.

I have always done a every other day routine.. Can't do two in a row without feeling drained.. Done this since I started training 34 years ago..

OH GOSH! You're admitting to that! :p:D

Took me about five years to figure it out. Once I went every other day l started breaking barriers, that weren't possible at my diet and cycle level. And as much as I hate using body types, I am pretty much mostly meso.

Most ectos.

I'm actually an endo. Was like 40% body fat about 15yrs ago. Past 10yesrs been on hrt and gh and now I sit around 5'11" 250lbs and always stay around 12-14%. With my body type now its almost impossible for me to get higher than 14% bc I'm always on test, gh and peptides. I hold muscle easy but it's very hard for me to get below 10%.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity