YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lactose intolerance, casein will not cause a reaction. Really ???

devenidas

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Was browsing some stuff and came across this info. What do u guys think ? Cheers

Lactose

As many as 30 million Americans have some degree of lactose intolerance, according to PubMed Health. Casein contains just 0.1 percent lactose, C. R. Southward of the New Zealand Dairy Research Institute reports. Milk protein isolate still contains between 1 to 2 percent lactose, according to the Idaho Milk Products website. If you have lactose intolerance, casein will not cause a reaction, while milk protein isolate might, even though the amount of lactose it contains is lower than the amount found in milk.

Found this info at the link below..

I do not know how true this info is. I personally find micellar casein mixed with quark and cottage cheese DOES cause me GI issues. Cant remember if I tried it on its own WITHOUT the milk protein.

May be I should give it a go in next few days..

Have u tried casein as a stand alone and found any GI issues ?

Slice have u tried this mate ? I know you are severely lactose intolerent like Iso if casein does not cause any issues as a standalone this could be jackpot for you. Have u tried this ?

Casein Vs. Milk Protein Isolate | LIVESTRONG.COM

ive tried casein before.. made me feel quite ill.. though it was from a company that, according to a chart that was posted here, did not produce products that lived up to their claims.

also decided id rather just have a steak before bed ;)

whey isolate, meat, and eggs for me.

I personally find micellar casein mixed with quark and cottage cheese DOES cause me GI issues. Cant remember if I tried it on its own WITHOUT the milk protein.

Cottage cheese and quark are both dairy products so why would adding micellar casein have any difference in effect...

Try a beef protein.

You may have casein intolerance. And as the other guy said, you can't determine if mpi or casein causes you issues by mixing it with 2 other dairy products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cottage cheese and quark are both dairy products so why would adding micellar casein have any difference in effect...

Try a beef protein.

i have used a lot of beef isolate , hydrobeef. fed up of that shit. the thing it doesn't come in too many flavours and its hard to nail the flavour right.

also its my theory ( own experience from using it so call it bro science by all means) the amino acid profile of beef isolate is inferior to whey isolate. My gains/recovery was nowhere near compare to being on whey isolate.

Now eating the real thing / eating a steak is different thing. I don't know what they do while processing it but its nowhere near the real thing imo.

"Cottage cheese and quark are both dairy products so why would adding micellar casein have any difference in effect"...

Because micellar casein does NOT have milk protein. just micellar casein. where as the whole thing like quark or cottage cheese has micellar but as its whole milk product and not been extracted so to speak it's bound to have some milk protein in it which is high in lactose.

This is what i think by all means correct me if i am wrong anyone and please explain the reasons why. I am not 100 percent sure myself. thanks

I'm confused as to what your goal is, but Casein is a milk protein. So is Whey.

Casein protein will be 100% casein while Quark and Cottage Cheese should be mostly, but they could have 5% or so of whey so they will have more lactose than a pure casein protein.

You may have casein intolerance. And as the other guy said, you can't determine if mpi or casein causes you issues by mixing it with 2 other dairy products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that's valid. I haven't been very scientific about it, but I notice a foggy head after consuming milk, yogurt, etc. I don't notice this with whey.

i'm lactose intolerant, developed it in my late 20s. I get awful stomach cramps, bloating, and gas from as little as a glass of milk or a piece of pizza with cheese. I have cut out all dairy from my diet minus greek yogurt which seems to not affect me. i also use casein every night, 2 scoops, and have for well over a year now on a daily basis...no issues from casein

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws