over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Suits for muscular guys?

Rep

Registered
Im 245lbs, wide shoulders, large arms, etc...
Went to Mens Wharehouse, Jos Banks and those Big/Tall stores.
Anything that fits is large in the middle.
Without spending a shit ton, have you guys found a place that has suits?
Thanks

Don't know off hand.

You're probably going to have to get suit separates... larger jacket, then smaller pants.

Then you're going to need to get the jacket tailored to your size. It will likely be too big in the mid-section.

Edit: There is no cheap solution. Any good solution will involve separates + tailoring.

Last edited:
For that exact reason I've gone to sports jacket and pants..........buy them separate.

Your just gonna have to save up and spend the money. No other solution than to do mtm or bespoke.

Some makers make "Athletic Fit", which will be tapered in more than usual in the waist. But not enough to really accommodate any decent level of swole.

Once you get decently big your only REAL option to look on point is to get stuff tailored in some.

Honestly a cheap suit that's perfectly altered by a decent tailor looks WAY better than an expensive suit that doesn't fit right.

(Disclaimer, I currently have two suits, about 6 dress shirts, and 3 pairs of pants that I need to have tailored. I'm accepting bids on my kids from iPhone factories to finance the work.)

when i get to the 20" difference in chest to waist there's no choice but to get tailoring, really. heck, im only what, 51" chest and 33 waist and my shirts are like tents but with a too-tight neck.

its called MTO brother, "made to order", you find a tailor that does suiting and they measure you and create the jacket and pants exactly to your measurements. OTR "off the rack" suits sold in stores are meant to fit the AVERAGE person, anyone who isn't completely average in height and stature always fits the suit kinda weird, have to get it altered, and OTR suits can only be altered so much. If you've ever seen a red carpet event on TV and wonder how celebs get skin tight suits that fit their body perfectly, not even louis vuitton or gucci sell them that way, they are custom tailored.

if you are a BB'er and have a job that requires a suit, i hope that you make decent money because jos A banks or macys isnt going to cut it you are going to look like an idiot swimming in their stuff.

Last edited:
Or you could always drop to 160lbs and fit into the OTR ones.. 😁

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I just got my first custom suit made and let me tell you it fits like nothing I have ever worn in my life. you can PM me ill get you this guys number. he is in Vegas but travels US come to your place and measure you. I spent 1300 for a bad ass suit, 5 shirts, 2 pants.

Nothing off the shelf has ever fit. I spend 750 at menswhere house, they have "fixed" it 5 times, looks like dogshit.

Thanks

You may have to find yourself a good tailor and go custom.
I've been in the same situation before.

I just got my first custom suit made and let me tell you it fits like nothing I have ever worn in my life. you can PM me ill get you this guys number. he is in Vegas but travels US come to your place and measure you. I spent 1300 for a bad ass suit, 5 shirts, 2 pants.

Nothing off the shelf has ever fit. I spend 750 at menswhere house, they have "fixed" it 5 times, looks like dogshit.

That is a kick ass price too man! I will message you for his info!

the last suit i got.....i bought one that fit nicely
in the shoulders and legs....suit was $200.

then took it to the corner alteration shop..(little old Japanese woman)
she made me put it on.....pinched alittle here, took the waist in...
put some pins here and there...told me come back in a week.

went back.....tried it on....like a glove.....she charged me $100 bux.

i gave her 200.....$400 and i have a perfect fit suit.

:cool:

Do you have to wear suits for work?? If yes, then yeah custom tailored is the way to go. If it's just for the occasional wedding or funeral just get one off the rack and get it fixed it up the best you can.

The stores you mentioned offer free tailoring with purchase. If not, they will when there's a sale. You'll never find an off the rack suit. I buy huge suits that fit my shoulders and thighs. They're so big I always thing there's no way this can look right. Once tailoring is done, everything fits like a glove.

Thanks

Those stores are terrible. They measured me up for a tux for my wedding and guaranteed it would fit nicely. Went to try it on a week before my wedding and what a joke. I had to bring it to a tailor who completely took it apart and started from scratch. 2 days later I had a nice fitting tux. Tailor made is the only way to go if you want a nice fit. So if you buy from these stores bring it to a professional tailor. I've been to several different stores and they just don't have the know how.

Great advice,, Guess its a full blown taylor then.
I start shopping tomorrow. I'm being flown out from Maryland to Chciago for 4 days to meet with CEO and others,,,Need to look business, etc...
I hate this shit!!!
Ill get 2 suits and some blazers with pants.
Thanks for all the advice
Rep

Trunk club makes custom made suits that are the bomb. They are not inexpensive but the fit and finish is amazing.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

as a college coach I have to wear suits all the time,
being tired of the process: found the best solution for me

I have a client that is a tailor
upon hr advice:

I now buy suits and separates from goodwill, salvation army etc, that are ridiculously large on me ( they do exist, just not that may 50+ coats out there;but u can get lucky)

<10$ or the suit
@100-200$ for tailoring

always have people ask where I get them and how they fit so well

cant go wrong with a classic black jacket and mix and match pants you already own as well

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws