over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin...

Hulkbulk8

Banned
I am a fan of humalog insulin and usually take it on workout days only.
Should I worry about getting a distended gut or (growth-gut)?

The most I would take at one time would be 20iu. Most the time it's 10-15iu

I always thought the gut came from GH growing the organs.

Thanks

I personally believe the gut it caused from visceral fat build up. If your diet is shit then expect to get a gut. If your diet is on point then expect some serious growth.

I personally believe the gut it caused from visceral fat build up. If your diet is shit then expect to get a gut. If your diet is on point then expect some serious growth.

Do you really think that contest ready bodybuilders are really still holding enough visceral fat to have a distended gut?

The gut is from igf1 receptors in that area growing your organs. Pounding food on a daily basis will also be a factor.

Do you really think that contest ready bodybuilders are really still holding enough visceral fat to have a distended gut?

IIRC, Big A posted that he was very, very lean, but some sort of scan at the hospital showed that he still had a substantial amount of visceral fat.

so yes, I would think that contest-ready bodybuilders could be holding enough visceral fat to have a distended gut.

apparently, the notion that visceral fat is the first to go is a misconception... the body must be in a preferable state (I.E. very insulin sensitive) to increase the rate at which that fat is used for energy

20iu Humalog at a time??? jesus fucking christ....

i have done Humalog and Novorapid a few times, i am not expert in this but 20iu sounds insane. i have done up to 15iu at a time once to try and got hypo like crazy even after lots of carbs.

i take 3x a day 6iu on trainings days only. works great.

question for the experts; does it realy make sense to go over 8IU a shot, 3 shots a day? so for instance 3x a day 12iu or 3x a day 15iu, of even 3x a day 20iu,,,, does this makes sense?

in my opinion depending on your size and sensitivity for insulin 4-10iu a shot 3x a day is the range to go for. over 10iu only forces you to eat way to much carbs and you end up getting fat.

20iu Humalog at a time??? jesus fucking christ....

i have done Humalog and Novorapid a few times, i am not expert in this but 20iu sounds insane. i have done up to 15iu at a time once to try and got hypo like crazy even after lots of carbs.

i take 3x a day 6iu on trainings days only. works great.

question for the experts; does it realy make sense to go over 8IU a shot, 3 shots a day? so for instance 3x a day 12iu or 3x a day 15iu, of even 3x a day 20iu,,,, does this makes sense?

in my opinion depending on your size and sensitivity for insulin 4-10iu a shot 3x a day is the range to go for. over 10iu only forces you to eat way to much carbs and you end up getting fat.
If you can stay slin sensitive and use less that's great but you should tailor for slin needs to your carb intake, not the other way around.

If you can stay slin sensitive and use less that's great but you should tailor for slin needs to your carb intake, not the other way around.

could you elaborate a bit more?

could more slin mean more muscle growth? when should i be reconsidering my amounts of slin i take? maybe i should take more.

could you elaborate a bit more?

could more slin mean more muscle growth? when should i be reconsidering my amounts of slin i take? maybe i should take more.

If you are eating X amount of carbs, adjust the slin for that amount of carbs not the other way around. Most people are taking X amount of slin and taking carbs to avoid going hypo, I am saying this is wrong, this is how you end up accumulating fat. I started with 5iu and went up to 10iu without adding any carbs. Then I decided I wanted to add carbs intra, so I raised my dose to 15iu to accommodate. Get it? Carbs dictate slin dose.

If you are eating X amount of carbs, adjust the slin for that amount of carbs not the other way around. Most people are taking X amount of slin and taking carbs to avoid going hypo, I am saying this is wrong, this is how you end up accumulating fat. I started with 5iu and went up to 10iu without adding any carbs. Then I decided I wanted to add carbs intra, so I raised my dose to 15iu to accommodate. Get it? Carbs dictate slin dose.

EXACTLY.

Im tired to reading these same threads every 2 weeks but that answer is spot on.
The slin dose is dictate by the carbs you are going to take in anyways.

EXACTLY.

Im tired to reading these same threads every 2 weeks but that answer is spot on.
The slin dose is dictate by the carbs you are going to take in anyways.

Tune in next week (or maybe in 2 days, if not tomorrow) so we can discuss this again. :banghead:

IIRC, Big A posted that he was very, very lean, but some sort of scan at the hospital showed that he still had a substantial amount of visceral fat.

so yes, I would think that contest-ready bodybuilders could be holding enough visceral fat to have a distended gut.

apparently, the notion that visceral fat is the first to go is a misconception... the body must be in a preferable state (I.E. very insulin sensitive) to increase the rate at which that fat is used for energy

Its still the first to go, BUT...if someone is holding a lot of visceral fat, they could very well get to the point where their sub-q fat stores are depleted, but they are still carrying a decent amount of visceral fat...simply because they had so much of it in the first place.

This is just one more reason NOT to abuse GH and insulin to the point of insulin resistance.

Little slice/Mike Arnold had the perfect answer to this.

Last edited:

i got it thanks. now i eat about 3500-4000kcal a day, 7 meals a day, so on average +/- 60gr of carbs per meal. now i take 6iu, if i understand correctly i could go to 6-9 range. so maybe up it to 8iu.

Some points to consider.. visceral fat is also intra organ fat , possibly ectopic in the case of liver pancreas etc. caused by activation of enzymes related to nutrient metabolism.

If a 260 lb male bb is eating 800g carbs a day despite being single digit bodyfat could still very well carry visceral fat that won't go away until he reduces his food intake, drugs etc reduces body weight etc and we know as a competitor that won't happen until he retires or is forced to retire.

So yes and no. I believe guts are caused directly and indirectly from food intake. Not drugs, the organs may grow a little but the pathways and time frame for organ growth is not during adulthood.

More food = bigger bodybuilder = eventually a tipping point to where the gut distends.

Its still the first to go, BUT...if someone is holding a lot of visceral fat, they could very well get to the point where their sub-q fat stores are depleted, but they are still carrying a decent amount of visceral fat...simply because they had so much of it in the first place.

This is just one more reason NOT to abuse GH and insulin to the point of insulin resistance.

When would u say fasting blood glucose is getting to high. Or is it better to test between meals.? If someone would need to go of slin and could continue to use say 5iu gh and 12.5 mk. Also if they go off slin. Then should they split gh to 2.5x2

When would u say fasting blood glucose is getting to high. Or is it better to test between meals.? If someone would need to go of slin and could continue to use say 5iu gh and 12.5 mk. Also if they go off slin. Then should they split gh to 2.5x2
Your fasted bg should not exceed 100mg/dL. Over that up to 125 is prediabetic, I personally wouldn't play in those zones. When I approach 100, I start backing off.

Your fasted bg should not exceed 100mg/dL. Over that up to 125 is prediabetic, I personally wouldn't play in those zones. When I approach 100, I start backing off.

Thanks brother. That what I have been reading on line. Just wasn't sure if that would be the same for people like us.

110% or expect to regret it!

You can push it into the prediabetic zone but I don't think it's worth the risk for most of us.

I was hoping for 6 more weeks but it's not worth it to me. Crazy after a big carb meal I checked it 1.15 later it was only 99. Berberine/ acv/ cinnamon do work nice. It dose suck how a meter can very 20% according to the fda. Did 6 checks this morning range from 91-103

110% or expect to regret it!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner