over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HRT / Cycling Gear / or Both

JimGainz

Newbies
Hi - wanted to get your thoughts on something

I am 50 years old and an experienced athlete/lifter. My natural testosterone levels fluctuate between 500 and 600 ng/dl lately. I recently did a cycle of SARMs and had some great gains – about 7 pounds of lean muscle mass – however it crashed my testosterone and HDL.

I also saw a progressive Doctor who gave me a prescription for Androgel, stating that my testosterone level may be low for me, considering I had some symptoms, even though it was well within the normal range. He suggested getting my testosterone levels to 800-1000 ng/dl.

So now I'm wondering – do I just go on the Andro gel or continue to cycle products every couple of months with a PCT.

My concern is that once I go on the testosterone – I'm sure I will feel fantastic and never come off – so the factory may be shut down for good (not that I'm planning to have any kids at this point).

Anyone in a similar situation that could shed some thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 50 years old and an experienced athlete/lifter. My natural testosterone levels fluctuate between 500 and 600 ng/dl lately. I recently did a cycle of SARMs and had some great gains – about 7 pounds of lean muscle mass – however it crashed my testosterone and HDL.

I also saw a progressive Doctor who gave me a prescription for Androgel, stating that my testosterone level may be low for me, considering I had some symptoms, even though it was well within the normal range. He suggested getting my testosterone levels to 800-1000 ng/dl.

So now I'm wondering – do I just go on the Andro gel or continue to cycle products every couple of months with a PCT.

My concern is that once I go on the testosterone – I'm sure I will feel fantastic and never come off – so the factory may be shut down for good (not that I'm planning to have any kids at this point).

If I had a testosterone level between 500-600 at 50, I would not touch any Test. Why screw up a good thing?

If I had a testosterone level between 500-600 at 50, I would not touch any Test. Why screw up a good thing?

I totally agree. Do your PCT and get that natural production back up.

My concern is that once I go on the testosterone – I'm sure I will feel fantastic and never come off – so the factory may be shut down for good

That's what I would worry about. Might as well keep your natural production going for as long as possible. HRT is always an option if/when your natural levels drop off.

I wonder how many people have T levels in the 500-600 range at 50. Mine were <300 well before I hit 50 (never having touched any anabolics/sarms or anything).

Great feedback fellas. Thanks! I'll cycle on until I need the supplemental T

Hows your lipid profile look like?

Pre cycle lips were great : HDL 97, LDL 77, Total
cholesterol 185, Triglycerides 55

After a Sarms Cycle HDL 35, LDL 80, Total 125 and Tris unchanged.

Everything else was fine Lipid-wise (RBC/Wbc)

I just drew blood Friday and am awaiting the results. I have naturally high HDL which is good but take low-dose Lipitor to keep LDLs under 100 (w/o statins my total cholesterol is 230 and LDL 125)

Wow statins really fix lipids holy crap . Im running with HDL in the 20's

i would do like others have said and leave it alone, do you know your free test level? I am your age and my last BW a couple of months ago shows my tt 390 and free t 4.0.

i would do like others have said and leave it alone, do you know your free test level? I am your age and my last BW a couple of months ago shows my tt 390 and free t 4.0.

Never had my free testosterone checked, until right after my last cycle of Sarms (which was the first cycle of anything I had done in about 30 years). At that time my free testerone was 35 - at the bottom end of the normal range – but I was severely suppresses by the cycle – as my total T was 100 at that time. (LH and FSH were low normal so I was still producing T). I did a few weeks of Nolvadex for PCT and waited another month and just had bloods drawn last week to assess recovery.

Wow statins really fix lipids holy crap . Im running with HDL in the 20's

You may want to check into some options. HDL should be over 40 but the real problem is LDL - which needs to be < 100. When LDL his high and total cholesterol is high and HDL is low - this is what increases the risk of plaque. I've heard Crestor is good for raising good HDL. I take 2 grams of high quality fish oil which cut my triglycerides in half to about 55. The Lipitor (20 mg 3x per week) plus fish oil raised my HDL about 20-30 points while lowering LDL 50 points.

What sarms did you do, at what dose, and for how long ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What sarms did you do, at what dose, and for how long ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Funny you ask - because I just got new bloods and was going to post.

I ran Rad140 2.5-5mg for 10 weeks plus Ostarine 12.5mg then bumped to 20 at the end

Pct was Nolvadex 20/20/15/10. With MK677 (12.5 mg / day and I stayed on)

My new bloods 2 months out suck.
Total T 178
HDL 38
These values barley moved since my cycle ended.

Wtf- how long does it take to recover?

Funny you ask - because I just got new bloods and was going to post.

I ran Rad140 2.5-5mg for 10 weeks plus Ostarine 12.5mg then bumped to 20 at the end

Pct was Nolvadex 20/20/15/10. With MK677 (12.5 mg / day and I stayed on)

My new bloods 2 months out suck.
Total T 178
HDL 38
These values barley moved since my cycle ended.

Wtf- how long does it take to recover?

Cardarine GW 501516 -- seems to do great to bring HDL back to normal. Run at same time as other SARMS and you don't get the HDL crash

Cardarine GW 501516 -- seems to do great to bring HDL back to normal. Run at same time as other SARMS and you don't get the HDL crash

Thanks bro. That's good to know for next time. I wound up doing some hcg and then clomid and it brought everything right back. Seems that the low T caused by the suppressive compounds contributed the low Hdl and cholesterol. Next time I may run them with some Test and/or the cardarine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks bro. That's good to know for next time. I wound up doing some hcg and then clomid and it brought everything right back. Seems that the low T caused by the suppressive compounds contributed the low Hdl and cholesterol. Next time I may run them with some Test and/or the cardarine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure thing. By the way -- I just turned 51 and just started TRT -- taking 200 test cyp / 20 test prop mix each week. Also 500 Hcg / week.

Sure thing. By the way -- I just turned 51 and just started TRT -- taking 200 test cyp / 20 test prop mix each week. Also 500 Hcg / week.

Cool. May I ask what your pre-TRT numbers were? How are you feeling with the exogenous T?

Cool. May I ask what your pre-TRT numbers were? How are you feeling with the exogenous T?

Before Treatment:
Total T 430
Free T 4.7 (7.2-24). --treated due to sxs and this number. -- I was actually having mental sxs that lead to adult ADHD dx which I now believe was part of low T

After 5 weeks test cyp 100 / week:
Total T 456
Free T 7.2. (7.2-24)
Labs didn't change much and only mild improvement in symptoms.
Suppose I have lots of SHBG binding free T and quick metabolizer

Dose increased to 200 / week, after 5 weeks
Total T 850
Free T 16.9
E2 21.8
Hct 44
Labs perfect. , feel much better---

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics