over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nicotine For Dieting

little slice

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Matt Porter AKA FutureFreak

NICOTINE: A DIETER’S TOP-SECRET WEAPON
by Matt Porter January 24, 2017

Nicotine: A dieter’s top-secret weapon

When you think of people who are addicted to smoking cigarettes, what type of person do you envision? I personally think of someone thin, drawn, and hyper-active.

When you hear about people trying to quit their smoking habits you typically hear about weight gain and increased hunger. This has to account for something right? I am sure most of you are thinking “smoking obviously suppresses appetite and that is why people stay leaner.” While that may be true – there is more to this fat shedding drug in regard to directly influencing lipolysis.

You see, nicotine actually plays a vital role as a stimulant in the sympathetic nervous system. Nicotine increases catecholamine release (Epinephrine, Norepinephrine &Dopamine) in the adrenal glands. Remember in health class the “Fight or Flight”hormone? That is exactly what catecholamines are.

Speaking of catecholamines, dopamine is a great appetite suppressant as it aids in satiety due to increased dopaminergic activity in the brain. Also, when adrenaline is increased from elevated Epinephrine and Norepinephrine your basal metabolic rate increases as well as fatty acid oxidation via UCP-1 (uncoupling proteins) which then get activated in Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) and also White Adipose Tissue (WAT).

Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) is highly thermogenic and can be broken down readily opposed to White Adipose Tissue (WAT). Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) is loaded with an abundance of blood-filled capillaries and variable size of lipid droplets. The reasoning for BAT’s thermogenic properties are due to the expression of mitochondrial uncoupling proteins (UCP1) which initiates the cells mitochondria to uncouple fatty acids into the blood stream for use as an energy substrate opposed to ATP/Glucose.

What about White Adipose Tissue (WAT)? This ugly adipose tissue is located directly beneath your skin and is called subcutaneous fat. WAT supplies cushion, support, and insulation as a defense mechanism for human survival. Too much of it can get ugly and not to mention – UNHEALTHY.

Nicotine incinerates BOTH types of fat

Scientists in Japan performed a study on mice that demonstrated fat-loss from nicotine usage in Brown Adipose Tissue (BAT) but also White Adipose Tissue (WAT). They treated obese mice with nicotine for 6 months and obese mice with a placebo saline solution for the same duration. The mice receiving the nicotine consumed less food than those injected with saline, however, the mRNA and protein of UCP1 was detected in not only BAT but White Adipose Tissue as well. This indicates that nicotine can help mitigate the effects of obesity from various mechanisms.

Even more exciting, is the fact that when you add caffeine into the equation (100 mgs) + 1 mg of nicotine you can increase the thermogenic effect by 100%! Increasing the nicotine dose to 2 mgs did NOT increase the thermogenic effect more than 1 mg. It just increased unwanted side effects. Caffeine stacked with nicotine speeds the rate of energy substrate usage in fatty acids and glucose metabolism. This is thought to have a “nutrient partitioning” effect and therefore help facilitate the storage of nutrients into muscle cells opposed to fat cells.

The "not so optimistic" part of the article

As you know by now, nicotine is a stimulant and like most stimulants, an increase in blood pressure is accompanied with nicotine usage as well as vaso-constriction upon endothelial cells. This is caused by the catecholamine release which initiates epinephrine stimulation. This is not a desirable effect and should raise concern if thinking about incorporating nicotine into your weight loss regimen. Keep in mind that cigarettes have toxic tar in them and the smoke is polluted with carbon monoxide, which works in concert with nicotine to further narrow blood vessels for impaired blood flow to the heart. Lung cancer is induced from excessive exposure to the cigarette smoke which is a carcinogen. Nicotine itself, is not cancerous however.

Nicotine Gum

Benefits of Nicotine

Increased focus and memory from presynaptic nerve terminals of dopamine, acetylcholine & glutamine secreting neurons.
Increased lipolysis from catecholamine release.
Anti-Depressant effects from dopamine stimulation.
Nutrient Partitioning Effect from increased blood flow to skeletal muscle.
Decreased Hunger.
Negative Side Effects of Nicotine

Addictive
Raises Blood Pressure
Constricts Blood Vessels
Adrenal fatigue
So how would you put this information to use?

The cleanest way to get the benefits of nicotine without ingesting, inhaling or snorting tobacco would be to acquire nicotine chewing gum or a nicotine dermal patch. Remember that you only need 1 mg of nicotine combined with 100 mg of caffeine for enhanced fat loss. So, 1 mg of nicotine + 100 mg of caffeine 3 times per day spaced 4 hours apart would be most effective. The nicotine based gum comes typically in 2 mg and 4 mg dosages. So you can tear them in halfs or quarters to meet the 1 mg needed. The patch is tricky and I would not recommend it as it takes around 3 hours to finally "kick in" and will continuously supply your blood stream with nicotine whether you like it or not...

The patches come in extra strength, (21 mg) medium strength, (14 mg) and lower strength at (7 mg) --- Which is the dosage you would need (7 mg).

If you do try such an experiment in your quest for ultimate leanness - PLEASE take precautionary measures. The herb hawthorn berry in liquid extract form dosed at 900-1200 mg alleviates elevated blood pressure, dilates blood vessels, and assists in proper blood flow to the heart. A quality omega-3 fish oil supplement will also help aid in healthy blood pressure management and help regulate optimal blood flow to the heart.

References:

1.) Andersson K, Arner P.Systemic nicotine stimulates human adipose tissue lipolysis through local cholinergic and catecholaminergic receptors. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001 Aug;25(8):1225-32.

2.) Keiko Arai,Kyongsong Kim, Katsumi Kaneko, Mitsue Iketani, Asuka Otagiri, Naoko Yamauchi, and Tamotsu Shibasaki.Nicotine infusion alters leptin and uncoupling protein 1 mRNA expression in adipose tissues of rats.Submitted 6 September 2000. accepted in final form 7 February 2001.

3.) Asuka Mano-Otagiri, Azusa Iwasaki-Sekino, Hisayuki Ohata, Keiko Arai, Tamotsu Shibasaki.Nicotine suppresses energy storage through activation of sympathetic outflow to brown adipose tissue via corticotropin-releasing factor type 1 receptor. Neuroscience Letters (2009) Volume: 455, Issue: 1, Pages: 26-29

4.) Jessen AB, Toubro S, Astrup A.Effect of chewing gum containing nicotine and caffeine on energy expenditure and substrate utilization in men. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Jun;77(6):1442-7.

5.) T Yoshida, N Sakane, T Umekawa, A Kogure, M Kondo, K Kumamoto, T Kawada, I Nagase, M Saito. Nicotine induces uncoupling protein 1 in white adipose tissue of obese mice. 06/1999; 23(6):570-5.

6.) William T. ChanceCorresponding Author Contact Information, a, Teri Foley-Nelsona, Jeffrey L. Nelsona and Josef E. Fischera. Neurotransmitter alterations associated with feeding and satiety. Volume 416, Issue 2, 28 July 1987, Pages 228-234

Tweet Share Pin It Add Email

Matt Porter

question: does anyone know if nicotine consumption will help stimulate fat loss during a lean-gaining phase?

Never tried it , seen quite a few people on here say they take it

how does this compare to ephedrine caffeine stack?

I like to do cardio first thing upon waking during contest prep, has anyone took ec or clen first thing , then later on early, mid day took nicotine?

question: does anyone know if nicotine consumption will help stimulate fat loss during a lean-gaining phase?

I'd rather say instead that it definitely helps to avoid getting too fat in a calorie surplus, as it will indeed increase metabolism, glucose expenditure especially. And quite drastically actually if you use a pretty hefty dose (7+ mg/day).

But it clearly doesn't act like GH if that's your question...

Nontheless, nicotine is a very effective fat loss aid when you're already in a calorie deficit. Used it plenty of times while prepping for shows. Many old threads about it... ;)

Never tried it , seen quite a few people on here say they take it

how does this compare to ephedrine caffeine stack?

I like to do cardio first thing upon waking during contest prep, has anyone took ec or clen first thing , then later on early, mid day took nicotine?

it's more of a steady, controlled sense of energy.. I would say it's more accurately described as "alertness"... it's like being awake..

I wear a patch during the last couple weeks of studying and when I sit for a test.

I O'D on nicotine once... I felt soooooo sick :star-:ars

Finding your right dose can indeed be tricky... you better start VERY low, like 1 gum twice a day, morning and preworkout, or half or even a third of a 7mg patch.

I used to tolerate it quite well a decade ago, now I feel the same as you do if I go overboard... heart racing, terrible anxiety feeling, well you name it... not for me anymore. :(

What's a recommending starting dose 1-2mg?

Last edited:
Low dose nicotine gum in the range of 1-2mg is a great nootropic and mood enhancer also!

I get hiccups almost every time I throw in a nicotine gum. Apparently you're not supposed to chew it quickly.

it's more of a steady, controlled sense of energy.. I would say it's more accurately described as "alertness"... it's like being awake..

I wear a patch during the last couple weeks of studying and when I sit for a test.

Buddy let me borrow his vaporizer a few years back when we were studying together.

Been hooked on it ever since while school is in session. Can sit at my table like a mad super gay vape train and study forever. Really helps when you know you want to sleep in an hour or two and don't want to consume other stims (caffeine or whatever) that would keep you up longer.

for first timers, i would recommend slowly chew the gum and read the instructions, I found out the hard way

been chewing the gum for years. 15-20 pieces a day, 2mg each. I chew it all day

Couple guys mentioned it as a focus aid/nootropic. Yep! I like to pick up a pack of 4mg gum and use 4-5 per day during rough times at work.

I use it during prep - orally and transdermally. I wouldn't use it without metformin as it does cause insulin resistance.

Friend of mine used to compete and smoked only when dieting, said it decreased his hunger.

Low dose nicotine gum in the range of 1-2mg is a great nootropic and mood enhancer also!

It definitely Is! Nicotine gum may be the most underrated tool a person looking for productivity can use.

Friend of mine used to compete and smoked only when dieting, said it decreased his hunger.

Talk about not thinking things through....so many better, healthier options than that to squash appetite.

I use it during prep - orally and transdermally. I wouldn't use it without metformin as it does cause insulin resistance.

Never tried myself so I'm not sure but it does have nutrient partitioning effects via enhanced blood flow to skeletal muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc