over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hemoglobin/Hematocrit

test33

Newbies
Any body had issues with Hemoglobing, Hematocrit, RBC, and total iron getting to high during blast? I'm completely coming off gear at this point for a bit instead of going the cruise route that i normally do to calm things down. Will be donating double red next week. What issues have you had if any when levels get to high? Just got labs back and mine were:

Hemoglobin:18.2
Hematocrit: 55.7
RBC: 5.89
Total Iron: 240

Thanks,

Most steroids are going to increase rbc,hematocrit and hemo.stay hydrated ,do cardio and when numbers get high like yours donate whole blood .chances of heart attack and stroke are greatly increased when hematocrit gets high

Last edited:
You should go today if possible. Every day that goes by increases your chances of bad things to,happen like above said. Out of safety for people who blast and cruise or just on trt I believe dumping blood every 2 months is,healthy.

Any body had issues with Hemoglobing, Hematocrit, RBC, and total iron getting to high during blast? I'm completely coming off gear at this point for a bit instead of going the cruise route that i normally do to calm things down. Will be donating double red next week. What issues have you had if any when levels get to high? Just got labs back and mine were:

Hemoglobin:18.2
Hematocrit: 55.7
RBC: 5.89
Total Iron: 240

Thanks,

i was told places don't let you donate with such thick blood, you need to get a doctor to order it. They will check your HGB abd HCT before they let you donate.

The average male in Denver is at high risk of a heart attack with their numbers:eek:. But seriously, yeah you should try to get those numbers down, but don't feel like you are about to drop dead of a heart attack any second. I think we sometimes get a little carried away with the hematocrit hysteria. Keeping it under 50 is a good practice,low 50s needs to be closely watched, mid to high 50s it'd be a good idea to do something about it and any higher I would suggest immediate action. But that's just my opinion, don't consider this medical advice.

Do you belong to a trt clinic? They can dump your blood or maybe right you have high iron so you can go to a donating blood place and have you dump blood. I wouldnt take another shot if I was you at all.

i was told places don't let you donate with such thick blood, you need to get a doctor to order it. They will check your HGB abd HCT before they let you donate.

I donated for years until doc put me on blood thinners, all they ever looked at with me was HCB and I was never denied even with numbers in the low 19's.

I donated for years until doc put me on blood thinners, all they ever looked at with me was HCB and I was never denied even with numbers in the low 19's.

I know in NY the American Red Cross will deny you if your hematocrit is over 60

Mine has been in the upper 50's but never 60 or above

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

In South Carolina, the Red Cross only tests for hemoglobin with a finger prick device. After donating 3 times where my hemoglobin was 19, they decided to permanently ban me. If they think you are donating blood for any reason but your civic duty, they will give you the boot.
The Red Cross is a self serving organization and they are not interested in helping anyone with a medical problem.

By the way, I did some research on causes of DVT(deep vein thrombosis). This is a blood clot that forms in the leg. I visited sites like Web MD, The Mayo Clinic and others. On only 1 of 5 was high RBC, hemo and hematcrit listed as a cause of DVT. And it was #10. On 4 other sites it was not listed in the top 10 causes. Number 1 cause was a genetic disorder making you prone to clotting. #2 was a family history of having blood clots. #3 was recent surgery. That activates the platelets that cause clotting.
If you take a half an aspirin a day that will greatly reduce your risk of getting a blood clot. It makes the plates slippery and they have a difficult time forming a clot. Aspirin is almost as effective as the prescription drug warfarin.

You guys need to stop scaring him. a HCT of 55 most likely isn't going to kill him. He does, however, need to dump blood ASAP. He definitely doesn't want it to increase any further.

In South Carolina, the Red Cross only tests for hemoglobin with a finger prick device. After donating 3 times where my hemoglobin was 19, they decided to permanently ban me. If they think you are donating blood for any reason but your civic duty, they will give you the boot.
The Red Cross is a self serving organization and they are not interested in helping anyone with a medical problem.

I get to donate blood with my hemoglobin around 19. I told them the first time that my TRT-doc told me to donate blood and they made a remark of it. I've donated numerous times and they keep calling me in because of my blood type.

I would try to donate, but as this poster says they might turn you away. They turned me away because my hemoglobin was 19. I think everyplace has a limit. They turn you down because they want you to see a doctor to make sure that something isn't really wrong with you. It is highly abnormal for a hemoglobin to be that high and to them you have a medical condition. They don't know you are pumping in 1200 mg test/wk.

I get to donate blood with my hemoglobin around 19. I told them the first time that my TRT-doc told me to donate blood and they made a remark of it. I've donated numerous times and they keep calling me in because of my blood type.

That might actually work at most places. I never tried that. Now, after my heart attack, I have my phlebotomies done at the hematologist's office.

seeing that you self mediacte I would take a complete control of everything and do it myself (one day if and at all not now) google it seen people do it themselves.. self phlebotomy think it was.. serious post I mean we should all have the mentality wired for such stuff anyway.. not doing things by half eh?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear