dragonfire101

Kilo Klub Member
Registered

Attachments

• IMAG2046_1.jpg
    IMAG2046_1.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
I had them all unfortunately they got tossed out years ago. In one of the manuals LS said he would reveal the "chemical secret" to bodybuilding but he never did? I must have read each one a thousand times looking for that secret. LOL

I had them all unfortunately they got tossed out years ago. In one of the manuals LS said he would reveal the "chemical secret" to bodybuilding but he never did? I must have read each one a thousand times looking for that secret. LOL

Chemical secret, lol. Back then I think it was Blair's protein mixed with cream and dbol;)

Wish i had those in my bb book collection. Part of bb history IMO.

The originals I mean.

Last edited:
I have one of those also. I remember spending some time trying to find a protein similar to Blairs because it was supposed to be the best ever. I even had TP create a custom bend that was supposed to match the one Blair sold and another formula with more egg in it that a former Blair student said he only gave to them. Nothing special. I will say that I tried Larry's Hypergrow or whatever it was called with cream before they changed the formula and there was something too that. Strength went up in the gym and people kept asking me what I was doing different. Could have just been the added calories.

How about the old ads back in the day

I can still remember seeing these ads in magazines. Brings back memories seeing the physiques from the past. I still love that look, and better than today's IMO.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 327
Hes still got it!

Still got it today!

Attachments

• 8a46c-Larry_Today.jpg
    8a46c-Larry_Today.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 387
He passed away two years ago unfortunately.

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
There was an older high school football coach at a gym I used to train at that was out in California during the days of Larry Scott. Said they would train all day and just hang around beach. Said he was overall a small guy but just had different look than everyone else. Would talk about how he'd do pull ups for what seemed like hours. Said he couldn't of been nicer guy.

The Tight Tan Slacks of Dezso Ban: Intermediate Arm Training - Larry Scott

I have his old arm manual like the ones at the beginning of the thread and these are some of the routines in it. The other routine that's in his book and in a bunch of stuff he used to sell is an absolute bear. Top of my head but I believe it was 3 or 4 tri sets. You did Dumbell preacher curls, preacher curls, and reverse preacher curls. Each one was 6 reps with 4 burns at the top. Triceps were a superset of close grip benches with an Ez curl bar (he described these more like a jm or Kaz press) and lying over head tricep extensions. Scott sold a his own preacher bench because he said that the ones you commonly saw were designed wrong. He also sold a bench to do the close grip presses on and a special bench to place your elbows for the extensions. Had a diffrent way of doing Dumbell presses and laterals that he claimed hit the shoulders better than the traditional method.

Last edited:
Still got it today!

Crazy seeing pics like these, it just puts things into perspective of how much genetics matter and how blessed some people are.

He passed away two years ago unfortunately.

Darn, I didn't realize. He made it to 75 yrs old though, much more than many of the stars will today. I met him once at the Arnold and had my picture taken with him. He was really down to earth and friendly. He didn't charge people for a picture either, like Ronnie Coleman and Lou Ferrigno did.

Darn, I didn't realize. He made it to 75 yrs old though, much more than many of the stars will today. I met him once at the Arnold and had my picture taken with him. He was really down to earth and friendly. He didn't charge people for a picture either, like Ronnie Coleman and Lou Ferrigno did.

Thats great and I would have loved to meet him. Its fun to talk about these guys and there training methods because thats what drew me to bodybuilding.

Didn't know Ronnie charged, maybe it's because he got thousands of requests at expos. I met him at a GNC once and he didn't charge me, super nice and super sweaty.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I thought it was pretty cool because he is Mormon too. Lol probably just because I'm Mormon Hahaha. Cool dude. Love the old classic physiques

Didn't know Ronnie charged, maybe it's because he got thousands of requests at expos. I met him at a GNC once and he didn't charge me, super nice and super sweaty.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, that was back when he was Mr. Olympia. I am not sure if he did that or was able to do that after he lost the title. Was he beat by Cutler? I cannot remember if he lost or just didn't enter. Been too long.

Ronnie seemed nice enough, but he really looked tired and like he didn't even want to be there. He wasn't competing in that Arnold either. Cutler was there though and I had my picture with him as he was really friendly and did not charge a dime. He wasn't Mr. O yet either though.

Well, that was back when he was Mr. Olympia. I am not sure if he did that or was able to do that after he lost the title. Was he beat by Cutler? I cannot remember if he lost or just didn't enter. Been too long.

Ronnie seemed nice enough, but he really looked tired and like he didn't even want to be there. He wasn't competing in that Arnold either. Cutler was there though and I had my picture with him as he was really friendly and did not charge a dime. He wasn't Mr. O yet either though.

Cutler was always cool. I had a pic with him 5 years ago he wasn't charging anyone in line.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131