YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How antidepressants ruin your natural...

chainheart

Kilo Klub Member
How antidepressants ruin your natural serotonin so you can never be happy again ... without your pills. "Antidepressants like Prozac, which are known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, raise levels of a brain-signalling molecule called serotonin, seemingly by blocking a compound that gets rid of serotonin. But after several weeks of taking the medicines, the brain responds by making less serotonin, which may be why when people stop taking them they can get long-term withdrawal symptoms."

Drug companies and doctors interpret these psychological symptoms of withdrawal as evidence of the return of the original disorder, and so they routinely prescribe more drugs to address the problem.

How antidepressants ruin your natural serotonin so you can never be happy again ... without your pills - NaturalNews.com

Yes. I actually do beleive they disturb natural cortisol as well at least when your on them. Not saying people dont need them or they can't help people. Everyone is different and everyone carries different levels of serotonin and other levels. I really believe everyone should do a full blood work before jumping to medication even checking lack of b vitamins and diet can have a severe impact on well being besides hormones.

if you read anything I have posted on neuro chems you will see that this is common and happens with most drugs that I can think of. NOT just ssris.

this is super important with dopamine issues too.

these drugs make the problem worse

they may make life feel better, as long as you can keep taking them....

I believe this. Younger you are the easier it is to bounce back! Older....not so much. I wonder if there are any chemicals that body builders take that sabatoge their natural production?!?

Avoid them at all costs. Remember for every single chronic symptom, there is an Underlying condition. By taking these drugs your treating the RESULT of the disease, NOT the disease. Therefore you're not curing anything. You're just masking a symptom while the underlying condition stays untreated potentially causing greater problems down the road. When you take these drugs the brain itself will do everything it can to counteract and balance out brain chemicals and from there is just a spiral down. Doctors of course will change your prescription increasing doses or stacking with other drugs which is of course a complete illogical approach.

Avoid them at all costs. Remember for every single chronic symptom, there is an Underlying condition. By taking these drugs your treating the RESULT of the disease, NOT the disease. Therefore you're not curing anything. You're just masking a symptom while the underlying condition stays untreated potentially causing greater problems down the road. When you take these drugs the brain itself will do everything it can to counteract and balance out brain chemicals and from there is just a spiral down. Doctors of course will change your prescription increasing doses or stacking with other drugs which is of course a complete illogical approach.

That's my big problem with it. When medications become a loop hole. Treating someone with one medication and getting side effects from only that one and being prescribed another one to balance the initial medication. Before you know it a doctor can have you on 10 different medications just based on trying to treat the side effects. The only one that profits then is the big drug company's not you. Thats why one thing at a time is key in that field imo.

All those drugs scare the hell out of me. Always afraid they will ruin me forever. I have some Elavil for sleep, just started taking it a week ago.Think i'm going to use it until the end of the month that's it.Anything that makes you feel good,or better, comes with a price after you stop.

same thing with pain killers.....you stop taking them....your back hurts...

even if you have no fucking back problems...!!!!!

so you need more pills....

everyones excuse for pain pills is what...."my back hurts"...

:cool:

If I had to do over in life I would have injected estrogen when I was young. That way my body would forever respond by making less estrogen and upping my natural test levels for good. It makes me depressed that I didn't do this so I will most likely go on SSRIs now.

If I had to do over in life I would have injected estrogen when I was young. That way my body would forever respond by making less estrogen and upping my natural test levels for good. It makes me depressed that I didn't do this so I will most likely go on SSRIs now.

That could be a really intresting study on kids brought up on soy milk rather then regular milk

Last edited:
i got addicted to tramadol as a sub for vicodins back in 07-8.
i was up to 30-35 pills a day at one point, actually would drive around looking for the fedex truck cuz i knew they were delivering that day.

tried quitting cold turkey and was the worst, and i mean the worst, withdrawals ever. physically it was a nightmare but the psychological was a horror show. zero "feel good" chemicals led to months of 24 hour a day anxiety attacks and clinical depression, suicidal threats that ended with 3 sheriiff deputies hauling me away and i ended up in laurelwood hospital here, northeast ohio
in the psych ward, not the drug ward cuz i never admitted i was an addict. the worst part was i was just starting to normalize that sunday when the cops came.
my life has been fucked ever since. from one addiction to another.
i tell everyone to stay the fuck away from opiates and especially tramadol. painkiller-wise its weak but it acts like an exponentially powerful anti-d.
heroin addicts say its even worse than getting off heroin.

same thing with pain killers.....you stop taking them....your back hurts...

even if you have no fucking back problems...!!!!!

so you need more pills....

everyones excuse for pain pills is what...."my back hurts"...

:cool:

The opposite is also true. Long term pain medication can cause hyperalgesia.

From Spine Health...

"Most people know that painkillers can be addictive, but they don't know that taking opioids over a long period of time may in fact increase a patient's sensitivity to pain (hyperalgesia). This happens because long-term use of opiate painkillers causes a decrease in your ability to tolerate pain and an increase in sensitivity to pain. In fact, people taking opioids long term may keep having pain, or may see their pain increase, long after the original cause of pain has healed.

Stopping opioid use can solve this problem—but it may not seem as if the pain is gone at first, because the discomfort of withdrawal can mimic the original pain. Dependency is not easy to deal with, but it shouldn't be an excuse to stay on the opioid medication and raise the risk for addiction. This is why physicians are encouraged to only prescribe opioids for short durations and be cautious when using them to treat chronic pain."

Painkillers Can Sometimes Increase Chronic Pain

i got addicted to tramadol as a sub for vicodins back in 07-8.
i was up to 30-35 pills a day at one point, actually would drive around looking for the fedex truck cuz i knew they were delivering that day.

tried quitting cold turkey and was the worst, and i mean the worst, withdrawals ever. physically it was a nightmare but the psychological was a horror show. zero "feel good" chemicals led to months of 24 hour a day anxiety attacks and clinical depression, suicidal threats that ended with 3 sheriiff deputies hauling me away and i ended up in laurelwood hospital here, northeast ohio
in the psych ward, not the drug ward cuz i never admitted i was an addict. the worst part was i was just starting to normalize that sunday when the cops came.
my life has been fucked ever since. from one addiction to another.
i tell everyone to stay the fuck away from opiates and especially tramadol. painkiller-wise its weak but it acts like an exponentially powerful anti-d.
heroin addicts say its even worse than getting off heroin.

Where I work we have a perspective that tramadol is the least harmful of opiate type meds. Thanks for shedding some light on it. Some people do see to have withdrawals from this.

I didn't mean to offend anyone who takes SSRIs. I was tryin to be funny with a stupid joke.

they still are......but at 35 a day....

harmful pretty much goes out the window..

I've been taking tramadol for a few years now for my back problems. Fortunately I've be able to resist the urge to get on something stronger. I did have a brief period where I was taking more than I needed which led to more issues and eventually getting on some ssri's.

Now I'm much better at controlling my use and also getting off ssri's.

I remember when Duchaine said tramadol was nonaddictive. I've taken it a handful of times for less than a week (150mg) in my life. Absolutely amazing immediate anti-d, mood boosting properties plus good pain killing effects, but even after just a few days of use I feel like absolute shit for several days after. A guy at work just took it for a week and then felt terrible for a couple of days after. Said he couldn't sit still and had skin crawling sensation plus high anxiety. He's not an addict and never took anything stronger. Weak and not very addictive my ass. Then again everyone is different so some may handle it better.

I saw a study where it was looked at as a premature ejaculation treatment. I'm sure it works great for than as I couldn't orgasm at all on it Lol.

I saw a study where it was looked at as a premature ejaculation treatment. I'm sure it works great for than as I couldn't orgasm at all on it Lol.

Please don't say such a thing on an open board... before you know it, you'll have dozens of guys overdosing on tramadol and getting addicted just to last a few seconds more... :eek::eek::p

All joking aside we all know how ED and PE can unfortunately be causes of MAJOR depressive disorders... no matter the price to pay, most guys affected are willing to try absolutely anything that could save their quality of life... :(

On a side note, tramadol is also extremely liver UNfriendly.

I take relatively low dose Prozac... I used to need it, have a family history of major depression, would start randomly start crying driving to work in the mornings etc but dont feel like that anymore so I'd like to stop

Any other good ways of boosting serotonin naturally or with supps?

I take relatively low dose Prozac... I used to need it, have a family history of major depression, would start randomly start crying driving to work in the mornings etc but dont feel like that anymore so I'd like to stop

Any other good ways of boosting serotonin naturally or with supps?

Hey bro let me just point this out...

You don't feel like that anymore BECAUSE of the prozac. We see patients all the time saying this exact thing and they come off and their problems come back.

If you have an honest chemical imbalance (family history sounds like you might) there's nothing out there naturally that will be able to correct it.

Sidenote to others reading: I'm absolutely all for fixing the root of the problem before trying any drug therapy i.e. what are you depressed about? What are you anxious about? But sometimes, for some people, these drugs are the only thing that helps.

I do however believe they're overprescribed frequently and often. BUT, just throwing this info out there.

I remember when Duchaine said tramadol was nonaddictive. I've taken it a handful of times for less than a week (150mg) in my life. Absolutely amazing immediate anti-d, mood boosting properties plus good pain killing effects, but even after just a few days of use I feel like absolute shit for several days after. A guy at work just took it for a week and then felt terrible for a couple of days after. Said he couldn't sit still and had skin crawling sensation plus high anxiety. He's not an addict and never took anything stronger. Weak and not very addictive my ass. Then again everyone is different so some may handle it better.

Recent studies have shown tramadol to be much more addictive than previously thought.

I PERSONALLY believe this is due in large part to it being a CIV drug instead of a CII, thus much easier to get and keep getting. It's becoming the drug of choice for pain and subsequently abuse in a country with ever-increasing opiate laws. I also believe in the next 5-10 years you'll see it being marked a CII as more and more people abuse it.

Another sidenote (I love sidenotes): I believe we're going to see the same thing happening with gabapentin. Been seeing an ever-increasing amount of people getting on it and staying on it, and there's just no way this many people have nerve pain or shingles pain.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws