over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Food options?

eaglecall

Registered
In an attempt to save a few bucks, I bought one of those 10lbs frozen chicken breasts at walmart, and they are NASTY lol. No matter how I cook them theyre dry like chewing cardboard. Also I tried the classic tuna cans to mix it up, but after a couple of days I cant swallow that shit. Before trying this Ive been eating antibiotic free/natural chicken breast, grass fed beef, salmon steaks, etc but it gets EXPENSIVE. When you eat 5-6 meals a day with quality protein is not easy...thats why I was trying the cheap breasts and the tuna cans. Was wondering what options yall use?

I don't know what area you live but in NJ they have Shop-Rite and every other week they have fresh chicken breast on sale for $1.99/pound.they are minimally processed and tasty great .I also buy ground turkey at Aldi,I forget the price but it is around $2.50/pound

All chicken in the United States is antibiotic free. Chickens that are meant to be good can't be given hormones or antibiotics per the FDA. I buy mine from sprouts or albertsons and usually pay 1.49-1.74 a pound

use to eat chicken breasts like 2-3x a day, i don't care for them anymore... 1.49/lb chicken thighs/legs and just cut the fat and skin off... got a few killer recipes for those... usually the supermarket has the packages with like 4 of them in each for one price, then a bulk package for a bit cheaper...

either ground sirloin or the leaner ground beefs for money saving... whichever is on sale...gotta get good at knowing when certain items go on sale and then stock up... if sirloin steaks go on sale at or under $7/lb i load up... this week my Publix supermarket had NY Strips for $7.99 reg $12.99, i bought six packs about 2lbs each.. i can eat beef wayyyy more then chicken, eggs, fish, shakes etc

yes, like rambo said too, the whole rotisserie chickens at the supermarkets in the US really can't be beat... here they are $7-8 for the whole cooked chicken...

Last edited:
One very cheap protein source that I see most neglect is beans (legumes). Cheapest out there and packed full of fiber. Throw some beans in every meal on the cheap.

In an attempt to save a few bucks, I bought one of those 10lbs frozen chicken breasts at walmart, and they are NASTY lol. No matter how I cook them theyre dry like chewing cardboard. Also I tried the classic tuna cans to mix it up, but after a couple of days I cant swallow that shit. Before trying this Ive been eating antibiotic free/natural chicken breast, grass fed beef, salmon steaks, etc but it gets EXPENSIVE. When you eat 5-6 meals a day with quality protein is not easy...thats why I was trying the cheap breasts and the tuna cans. Was wondering what options yall use?

Try finding a local farmer in your area and buy direct from them.
I do this with all my chicken and eggs.

some days I eat 18 whole eggs....and for some reason
they are at an all time low in price.....1.29 for me for 18 count.

CANT BEAT IT....

:cool:

Shop around, I found my beef supplier on CL...

Buy 1/2 sides of grass fed beef if you can afford the upfront cost, usually works out cheaper than that shit tasting beef in the grocery market. I find grass fed organ meats all the time for cheap as well on CL. People by a whole cow and then don't have use for the liver, heart, etc... Sounds crazy but I've loaded a freezer w the stuff. Just gotta get a lil creative in cooking.

Do you have a restaurant depot around you? Find a way to get a member card if so.... I just paid .79 or .99 /lb for 40lbs. chicken thighs. 8.99 for 15 dozen eggs (I use whole eggs from a local farmer) but use the whites from the store bought. 13.00 for a 10lb box of random pork chops. 10lb box of Atlantic salmon portions for a pretty good price as well, most likey truly farm raised but I've accepted the fact our food supply here in the States is shit so just do the best I can.

It's winter, but farmers markets for produce.

I'm in the Midwest, so it's cheap in general, but you just have to be resourceful. I don't like powders and eat a ton of food, it does add up but easily doable, even on a modest salary if you're smart...

if you have to go to grocery stores, frozen talapia , no bully please:(

Great suggestions thanks so much guys!!!!
Mike036 I live in south FL, and recently we got Aldi here so ill go take a look. Didn't go there before because I thought it was just a fancy place for girls on pills LOL.

Yeah I throw in tilapia in the mix once in a while and also eat at least t5 whole organic eggs a day.

Great suggestions thanks so much guys!!!!
Mike036 I live in south FL, and recently we got Aldi here so ill go take a look. Didn't go there before because I thought it was just a fancy place for girls on pills LOL.

Yeah I throw in tilapia in the mix once in a while and also eat at least t5 whole organic eggs a day.

there is nothing in ALDI you want.....trust me....

maybe cases of water....

Look for a wholesale meat company in your area. Some may not advertise that they sell to the public but will do a walk in business.

I don't know what area you live but in NJ they have Shop-Rite and every other week they have fresh chicken breast on sale for $1.99/pound.they are minimally processed and tasty great .I also buy ground turkey at Aldi,I forget the price but it is around $2.50/pound

That's the key for us. I always buy chicken when its on sale at that price and then freeze it to store it until its time to eat. I will buy $100 worth or so and then put it in the freezer in the basement. Regular price is like 2x that or more and is just crazy. I think it tastes almost as good frozen as it does fresh. I guess when you freeze it at home somehow it retains more flavor and better texture. I'm like you and tried some of those frozen breasts at the store and they are not very good eating! Hopefully you have a decent size freezer, if not buy what you can on sale and freeze it because it will save money.

Don't forget to check the weekly store ads. Whenever meat goes on sale I usually grab a bunch and throw the in the deep freeze. The other thing to do is talk to to guys in the meat dept. And find out which day they mark down stuff for quick sale before spoiling then load up and freeze it. You can save dollars per pound that way.

do you prep a few days worth of chicken at a time? I never could do that because it is to dry to me, I always cooked my chicken either when I was ready to eat, or I would prep it for 1 day, one thing bro you have to thoroughly cook chicken, but don't over cook it, if you like dark meat get some, I usually cook leg quarters once a week, I usually pound breast thinner and cook on each side for 3 minutes, as far as cans of tuna I mix a little miracle whip lite and mustard in it, also like others said throw some fish in the mix.

do you prep a few days worth of chicken at a time? I never could do that because it is to dry to me, I always cooked my chicken either when I was ready to eat, or I would prep it for 1 day, one thing bro you have to thoroughly cook chicken, but don't over cook it, if you like dark meat get some, I usually cook leg quarters once a week, I usually pound breast thinner and cook on each side for 3 minutes, as far as cans of tuna I mix a little miracle whip lite and mustard in it, also like others said throw some fish in the mix.

Yeah I cook the protein no more than 2 days in advance. Chicken I try o leave it a tiny bit "pinkish" in the center to avoid getting too dry. Ill start buying other pieces of chicken though like legs. and just throw I guess 20 pounds of legs in a big pot and cook them all at once.

How many grams of protein and fat are on average on a chicken drumstick uncooked with the bone? :D

Not a lot on a drumstick honestly. The average leg has like 1.5 ounces of meat on it

I go to sprouts and get all my meat there. They often have sales for chicken during their weekly double ads for $1.88lb which is really affordable. I go in for a lot of flank steak which is usually $8.99lb, but I go so frequently the meat dept hooks me up with flank for $6lb. I've had that happen at several different sprouts locations, if you go in a lot, they usually give you a decent discount.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear