YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Did D aspartic acid help with cosmetics for you while on ?

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know it doesn't prevent shutdown. Pat Arnold and I used to talk quite a bit in 2012 and I asked him and he said its really good on cycle. I dont know if he changed his thinking since then. Ive also seen articles that say it keeps testes more full on cycle. If you have experience with Daa on cycle please comment, Did it for you?

Take this from a person who sells DAA because everyone and their brother wants us to sell it.

I wouldnt recommend it...It came out soaring with awesome literature and backing and i had high hopes for it. I now dont think much of it at all.

It is highly overrated.....let me link some studies that have come out of late...ill try to find some easy once since im short on time right now

DAA is one of the best supplements I have taken for testosterone. I got stronger, acne, increased sex drive aggression, sperm count, and gained a few pounds over 12 weeks on 3 grams split twice a day.

Studies studies studies...

good and bad..
the initial study that got my attention:

http://www.ergo-log.com/dasparticacidtestosterone.html

"The researchers gave a couple of dozen men aged between 27 and 37 a daily dose of 3.12 grams D-aspartic acid for twelve days consecutively. Twenty other men were given a placebo. The testosterone level in the subjects that received the supplement had risen by 42 percent after the twelve days, as the table below shows. The LH-levels rose by 33 percent."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19860889 the pharmaceutical grade DAA was used.

"D-Aspartic Acid (or D-Aspartate), mechanisms of action
There are two main areas of action. The brain, and the balls (technically it acts in ovaries as well).

The brain consists of D-Aspartate being converted into a very prominent signaling metabolite called NMDA (N-methyl-D-Aspartate). This influx of NMDA in the anterior pituitary and hypothalamus causes an acute secretion of Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH), Prolactin releasing factors (PRFs), and Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH). These hormones then induce production and secretion of Growth Hormone (GH), Prolactin, and both Follicle Stimulating hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing hormone (LH). (Another nice source)
It’s basically an anabolic cascade.
It also suppresses dopamine release (temporarily), so it’s not all perfect (and with the secretion of Prolactin, not too good of a combo for a prolonged period of time).
Finally, it seems to induce release of both Melatonin-stimulating factor and GABA (a relaxing neurotransmitter) in the hypothalamus, suggesting that D-Aspartic acid would be better taken in the PM.
The LH/FSH travel down to the reproductive hormones, and this is where the second tier of D-AA starts in men; the testes.
D-AA acts on the tests in multiple manners. Primarily, D-AA in free form (circulating in the testes) can upregulate mRNA synthesis of a protein called STAR (Stimulating steroidogonic Acute Regulatory Protein). This is a protein that modulates testosterone synthesis in the testes, and increasing it’s activity raises the limit of testosterone synthesis.
The hormonal cascade of LH from the brain will start testosterone synthesis in the leydig cells (area of the testes), and at an accelerated capacity due to upregulation of STAR.
In regards to estrogen, D-AA can also act directly on the aromatase enzyme which converts testosterone into estrogen. You read that correctly, and this is not necessarily a good thing. Aromatase is upregulated in the presence of excess testosterone normally, but D-AA seems to act upon it in by alternate means as well.
Let’s build on that.

Not just a testosterone booster?
One thing that interested me throughout my research on D-AA was the ability of D-AA to act directly upon the aromatase enzyme. Theoretically this means that D-AA supplementation should increase active estrogens even if testosterone is not increased.
Upon further research, this has been noted in boars testes and in lizard ovaries. The aromatase enzyme does not differ in these animals and humans too significantly if at all, so it is possible that the same effects would be present in humans (still have to wait for studies in female humans though).
If this carries through to humans, then D-AA can be a compound which boosts test in men, and boosts estrogen in females. A truly multi-purpose supplement. Rather than ‘test booster’, D-AA is more akin to a ‘endocrine regulator’.

Studies at this moment in time
Doing a Pubmed search on this topic is deceiving. Since D-Aspartate and it’s metabolite NMDA are well-known intrinsic signaling molecules and the latter is a neuromodulator there are numerous studies which come up in a search when they are used as keywords.
However, in regards to D-AA being used as a supplement for the purpose of increasing testosterone, there is one study.
One…
Thankfully, the results of this study are incredibly promising and more studies are more likely to follow in the future. Here is a link to said study.
This study found, after 12 days of supplementation, that:
Luteinizing hormone increased to 107% of it’s initial average after 6 days supplementation and 133% of it’s initial value on day 12. It decreased to 114% initial value 3 days after cessation
Testosterone increased to 115% of it’s initial value after 6 days supplementation and 142% of it’s initial value after 12 day supplementation, decreasing to 129% 3 days after cessation
The rats had a nicer increase, with a 1.51-fold increase in LH 12 days after supplementation and a 2.03-fold increase in test after 12 days.
The authors hypothesized that the delay of the values a few days into supplementation is due to (1) the increase in test coming vicariously through LH and (2) D-aspartate having to build up in the testes, which takes a while; this may also explain why effects are still seen a few days after cessation.

Anecdotes to counter the lack of human studies?
On the supplement side of things, D-Aspartate was not available widely as a nutritional supplement until recently. It was only sold as a mixture called ‘Aspartate’ of which consisted of both D-Aspartate and L-Aspartate. The conversion of L-Aspartate to D-Aspartate via the enzyme Aspartate Racemase cannot mimic the acute surplus of D-Asparate and thus experiences with the mixture of both isomers most likely does not predict experience with D-AA.
However, D-AA has been sold in Italy for a while under the brand-name DADAVIT. A product marketed to increase seminal fluid viscosity (an effect of increase LH). DADAVIT is a liquid solution of 3.12g D-AA with some added vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and Folic Acid.
At the time of this article, I could not procure anecdotes for DADAVIT to attest real world examples. However, I included this snippet mostly (1) to mention that it might be good to take a B-complex with D-AA, just in case (rat studies did not use B-vitamins and got the same effects, but if you already have one on hand might as well take them at the same time), and (2) for the title, which probably got me a few more readers.
Summation
D-Aspartate is turning out to be a novel intrinsic testosterone booster. It seems to be potent as well. It is not without faults as supplementing with D-Aspartate with no caution to take care of aromatase and no cycling may increase estrogen and prolactin levels as well as reducing dopamine levels, all of which are not conducive to body composition and well being in men.
If care is taken to pair it with a proper aromatase inhibitor and to cycle it accordingly, then D-AA may be a very useful and safe supplement to use. Human studies are preliminary at the time of this article, but this is a compound to keep an eye out for."

one study that says it doesn't work in young bodybuilders
http://www.ergo-log.com/d-aspartic-acid-not-effective-in-young-bodybuilders.html
and the other
http://www.ergo-log.com/6-g-d-aspartic-acid-a-day-lowers-testosterone-levels.html

key point in the second study
"The study has little to say when it comes to the sodium and calcium bound analogues of D-aspartic acid, sodium-D-aspartate and calcium-D-aspartate since the amino acid only was used in the studies."

Plus it probably isn't going to raise testosterone in healthy natural young men compared to older hypogonadal men or those suppressed by AAS.

Last edited:
All it ever didfor me was give me horrible heartburn

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Take this from a person who sells DAA because everyone and their brother wants us to sell it.

I wouldnt recommend it...It came out soaring with awesome literature and backing and i had high hopes for it. I now dont think much of it at all.

It is highly overrated.....let me link some studies that have come out of late...ill try to find some easy once since im short on time right now

I don't know anything about it but your honesty stood out to me considering you sell it. Thanks

One study says it works well, the other says it doesn't

Im gonna go with my experience. My ex , two exes ago, used to comment on how big my balls were on daa, and she used to sadly sleep around a lot. (thats why shes an ex) Its also a fertility prescription drug in Italy

did not do anything for me except a little bump in the libido dept, I did BW just before starting and then again 3 weeks into it, tt stayed the same, ft cut in half.

did not do anything for me except a little bump in the libido dept, I did BW just before starting and then again 3 weeks into it, tt stayed the same, ft cut in half.

what is bw?

tt=total testosterone?

ft free testosterone?

you were not on anything?

Ive never been tested on it bc I followed my endos advice and not to get tested on it. I let it clear two weeks. Its how I got on trt

these tests were done on nothing as I never injected anything until trt at 33 years old after these tests.

first test jan 2012 test level 250
second test 200 something
third test after discontinuing two weeks daa 300
fourth test after discontinuing daa two weeks , maybe a bit shorter 315
fifth test off daa completely 202

then he started me on trt. I have no test on daa but it appears the two times after i discontinued daa those were my highest levels.

what is bw?

tt=total testosterone?

ft free testosterone?

you were not on anything?

Ive never been tested on it bc I followed my endos advice and not to get tested on it. I let it clear two weeks. Its how I got on trt

these tests were done on nothing as I never injected anything until trt at 33 years old after these tests.

first test jan 2012 test level 250
second test 200 something
third test after discontinuing two weeks daa 300
fourth test after discontinuing daa two weeks , maybe a bit shorter 315
fifth test off daa completely 202

then he started me on trt. I have no test on daa but it appears the two times after i discontinued daa those were my highest levels.

no I was not on anything else, I had taken it a couple of times before and always had a little kick in the libido dept, so it made me curious if it was increasing levels, yes I got total t and free t, I hear people saying that it works with people that are older with crappy levels, at the time I was 45 with a tt 200 and ft pre daa 4.1, re-test free t 2.0, so those a pretty crappy levels, lol, even if it did something for someone with low t, I mean so what if you get a 30% boost on 200 level, now you are at an astounding 260

Last edited:
I must have been under a rock or something, but I just found out about this supplement via online research and decided to give it a try. So far (few days in), I can honestly say that I definitely feel a difference. My libido has definitely increased. In addition, I feel a bit of a pump throughout my body. Let me give a bit of background:
1) Over 50
2) Have Cycled on and off since my 20's
3) Was on TRT for about 3 years
4) Stopped TRT about 6 months ago
5) Haven't really trained at all in about 6 months

Historically, unless I'm on a cycle, my libido is almost non existent. I have had my test levels check while off cycle many years ago and it showed very low T. My assumption is that after many decades of cycles, I'm most likely naturally low on T (especially now in my 50's).

Based on research and pure curiosity, I decided to give d-aspartic acid a shot. I'm not taking this with anything else other than a potent multi-vitamin. I'm taking about 3-4 grams a day. My main reason for taking this was to regain my libido. I'm not looking to increase muscle mass or anything else performance related.

Bottom line is that, so far so good. I will continue to take this supplement for a few days to see if the changes in libido continue or if they plateau. I will most likely cycle the supplement on and off and see how things work out. I will say that typically I respond well to gear so if this works as expected, I'm not surprised that I feel a pump a few days in. When I say "pump" I'm not talking about the intense pump one gets while training, but rather the subtle pump one feels when relaxed at home when on gear. Your muscle feel tighter and slightly swollen. It might be attributed to water retention, but after decades of taking gear, I'm quite familiar with the feeling and can say that DAA give me a slight version of that.

From my research for LH yes it works, Test no
Anecdotally I feel no effect
NaDAA is the only one i will take without diarrhea

I wish there was something to boost test without shutdown or crashing e2 I have not found it hcg or NaDAA maybe

I used it while on in the past to keep my balls looking / feeling / being bigger, but for PCT and to get a natural kick, I think it sucked.. I had way better results with high dosaged Tribulus .. I may take DAA again but it’s not on my “to do list”

My experience was what DC stated above...nothing at all for me, and a waste of money.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131