over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

White Stripes in Chicken

Giants83

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Came across an article about those white stripes we see in chicken breast. Claiming that it's a sign of the chicken being raised in not so savory conditions and due this certain way of raising the chicken causes it to have as much as 224% more fat. Also claims that they have reduced level of omega - 3. I did a quick google search and much of the information I read pretty much all says the same thing. I know this board alone probably consumes more chicken than a small town lol. I know I for one have bought that cheap bulk chicken many times with quite a bit of this "white striping". Thought I'd share one of the articles.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mnn..../amp/what-are-those-white-stripes-raw-chicken

**broken link removed**

White striping? I've never noticed this or heard of it

I see it all the time in the chicken I get from Walmart, will probably fork over the $ and get better quality from now on Walmart is mostly rib meat mixed in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only eat ground turkey breast, easier to cook and eat., haven't had a chicken breast (unless fried) in years.

Costco has some decently priced frozen organic chicken breasts.

I like the white stripes...jack white is solid.

i see those white stripes on usually the biggest, almost artificially enhanced- looking chicken breasts...so although i'm sure it's not the healthiest chicken it's kinda like hey that chickin is jacked, i want some of whatever he's taking :D

I see it all the time in the chicken I get from Walmart, will probably fork over the $ and get better quality from now on Walmart is mostly rib meat mixed in

That's not true.

Chicken breast is chicken breast. If it is labeled as containing rib meat then it does, but your typical boneless, skinless breast does not regardless of where you buy it.

White striping? I've never noticed this or heard of it

Neither have I. Saw the article on one of those Facebook fitness pages and looked a little more into it. I guess for someone like myself who doesn't compete a little extra fat won't hurt but for the guys that really need their macros to be on point this could screw with them. I just wish their was a little more definitive info to find out exactly how much more of a difference there is between the two.

Another way to sell more expensive shit.

I'm gonna believe my chicken has 224 times more fat in it. Seriously? How does a chicken that is raised in worse Condition have a 224 percent higher fat percentage?

Another way to sell more expensive shit.

I'm gonna believe my chicken has 224 times more fat in it. Seriously? How does a chicken that is raised in worse Condition have a 224 percent higher fat percentage?

There is a difference between 224 times and 224%. For example; chicken breast contains approximately 5g per serving. 224 times that would mean it would have 1120g. Absolutely unbelievable. 224% more is what 16g or so? Think I did that right. That is a little more believable. I didn't go much past the first page on google but I can assure you that none of these pages were trying to sell me anything. After reading the articles i believe it's certainly possible. Why is it so hard to believe that the mass production of chicken breast with whatever methods they use to make them grow so big so fast couldn't cause a muscle disease? We already know what happens with farm raised salmon. I think this is possible with any food. Again for a guy like me I don't really give a shit as long as it doesn't get me sick. But for a guy that competes and really watches his macros it might matter over the course of the day when he consumes a lb of chicken. Like I said above I don't know could be bullshit or could have some merit into it. Hoping to hear others views or links. Next time you're at the store look at the chicken breasts. I did today and honestly I could see a difference. It was almost like it had a marbling in it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws