over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intra workout and soreness

UCP

Newbies
Right now I'm switching between 2 scoops TNs muscle infusion and TNs md peri workout intra (about 50g hbcd and 13g Eas) but I'm still experiencing soreness after workout. What's the best way to start trying to eliminate soreness via intra? I figure my two options are add more carbs or add more protein (bcaa or eaa). Any advice on where to start?

You're never going to completely get rid of soreness infra or not

The whole intra drink will rid you of soreness thing is a marketing gimmick IMO.

While an intra drink doesn't hurt, I've never seen any evidence where it actually helped. Save your money for food or real "supplements".

While an intra drink doesn't hurt, I've never seen any evidence where it actually helped. Save your money for food or real "supplements".

I agree, was mentioning this in a thread earlier. HBCD is great and all, but it's not superior to real food. At best it's on par, and far more expensive.

As far as being sore goes, when I'm not getting sore anymore, that's when I start switching exercises or the rotation of my exercises in the gym. Even on lots of gear, supplements, etc. you should still get sore.

Being sore to me is like my body telling me "what you're doing is working."

Last edited:

I disagree. I whole heartedly believe that intra workout supplementation can enhance recovery, but youre never gonna be able to use it to completely rid yourself of soreness

I believe intra has helped me to some degree. Not to the point of elimination of soreness, lethargic feelings , etc.

I disagree. I whole heartedly believe that intra workout supplementation can enhance recovery, but youre never gonna be able to use it to completely rid yourself of soreness

Maybe. I've just never seen proof, also I have never used an intra drink so I can't really say, except for gatorade.

Don't even use that now, I just try and make sure hydration, and pre and post workout meals are on point.

I use karboload intro and I think it has really been beneficial, but as many have already said it's not going to cure soreness. If you're busting your ass on every rep as you should be (big stretch and squeezing the piss outta contraction) then you're gunna get sore. And you should be sore. Nothing wrong with that. Means you did it right.

I agree with some of the above, while it does help to a certain degree it will not rid all soreness.

x2

Trying to get rid of all soreness is a losing battle. Soreness shows you trained hard. You should want to feel sore in many ways and if you don't you are not training hard enough. I should add having your trained muscles feeling sore and not being able to walk for 5 days are 2 different things.

Some guys really do believe everything they read (intra supplementation). Although as Heavyhitter states I also agree that effective intra supplementation can make a big difference in regards to recovery. If your diet is good then intra is not needed at all. The reason I use it is I need to get approx 7 meals down per day when bulking so if one of those can be a fast absorbing drink whilst training then great. I notice a big difference when using my current intra supplements as opposed to days I don't.

Maybe. I've just never seen proof, also I have never used an intra drink so I can't really say, except for gatorade.

Don't even use that now, I just try and make sure hydration, and pre and post workout meals are on point.

How often have you ever seen "proof" that anything we do works? Theres no money in studying effect on bodybuilders. Pretty much everything we do is based on anecdotal evidence. If it ever is proven....its years after weve discovered its effectiveness.

x2

Trying to get rid of all soreness is a losing battle. Soreness shows you trained hard. You should want to feel sore in many ways and if you don't you are not training hard enough. I should add having your trained muscles feeling sore and not being able to walk for 5 days are 2 different things.

Some guys really do believe everything they read (intra supplementation). Although as Heavyhitter states I also agree that effective intra supplementation can make a big difference in regards to recovery. If your diet is good then intra is not needed at all. The reason I use it is I need to get approx 7 meals down per day when bulking so if one of those can be a fast absorbing drink whilst training then great. I notice a big difference when using my current intra supplements as opposed to days I don't.

That's part of it for me too is just being able to squeeze enough meals into my day

What do you use/ suggest for an intra ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Somewhere around 50 grams of fast digesting carbs along with around 20 or so grams of eaa's is a good place to start. I also like some citrulline in mine as well as some glycerol for hydration and enhanced pumps

Along with your intra, try increasing your frequency per muscle group while dropping volume per session. If you're noticing impaired recovery by the time you get to your next session for whatever muscle group, then you are more than likely doing too much volume.

Personally don't use intra-shakes. I have tried them and only reason I see a use for them is if one needs help getting in extra calories. Taking in extra carbs pre-workout is more ideal from personal experience.

Along with your intra, try increasing your frequency per muscle group while dropping volume per session. If you're noticing impaired recovery by the time you get to your next session for whatever muscle group, then you are more than likely doing too much volume.

Personally don't use intra-shakes. I have tried them and only reason I see a use for them is if one needs help getting in extra calories. Taking in extra carbs pre-workout is more ideal from personal experience.

Same, I only used intra when I was using slin. Calories mid-workout stops the fat burning process in it's tracks. Not about that, especially going into spring trying to diet down.

When I was natty I was pounding a certain intra with 64g HBCD, 40g Hydrolzyed casein, then some citrulline malate and and electrolytes I could ABSOLUTELY notice a huge improvement in recovery and reduction in soreness... Also felt like I could go all day after I would finish my workouts which were pretty fast paced

I think if your intra isnt helping then its probably shit

i found out that after working out if my meals are not in place i will have more soreness the next day...

I'm Big on pre, intra and post.
Your at your most Anabolic state during this period.
Save your Fat burning for off and cardio Days otherwise build muscle and get as many nutrients as you can in within that window.
Fast digesting protein and carbs then Food the rest of the Day!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws