YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Persistent erectile dysfunction for years using enlarged prostate drugs/finasteride

chainheart

Kilo Klub Member
"Researchers found that men who used finasteride or dutasteride can get persistent erectile dysfunction that can linger for months or years after stopping the medication. They also noted that longer exposure increased the risk of experiencing sexual problems.

The issue concerns the drugs dutasteride and finasteride. Dutasteride, known by the brand name Avodart, used to treat enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia. Finasteride, sold under the brand names Proscar and Propecia, treats enlarged prostate as well as androgenic alopecia in men. Both drugs are in a class of medications called 5a-reductase inhibitors or 5a-RIs.

Propecia made headlines in recent months after President Donald Trump’s personal physician revealed the president was taking the medication to treat male pattern baldness."

Alopecia, enlarged prostate drugs linked to long-lasting erectile dysfunction | Righting Injustice

Attachments

• Funny Pharmaceutical Boner.jpg
    Funny Pharmaceutical Boner.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 283
Honestly, I see no problems with erectile disfunction while on fina as long as im on some amount of test. usually at least 150mg a week. that fixes everything. i have taken 2.5 a day for the last 4 years and have no had any issues. certain steroids like EQ or DECA give me ED but once i drop those compounds im fine. even grew back some of my hair while on gear during that time span, for what its worth.

it does affect my boners. when i was 30 i was on propecia and jerked off 4-5 times a day.
im back on as of last august, trying to keep what i have at 47 years old, and im down to jerkin off 2-3 times a day only....
or maybe thats cuz im 47 and im in the 98 percent of people who have no side effects. ever.

This is very old though. I remember reading those facts over 10 years ago in bodybuilding forums. These drugs block conversion into DHT and some people get libido effected pretty severely. Some get ED because the receptor shuts down and in some cases never comes back to function.

it does affect my boners. when i was 30 i was on propecia and jerked off 4-5 times a day.
im back on as of last august, trying to keep what i have at 47 years old, and im down to jerkin off 2-3 times a day only....
or maybe thats cuz im 47 and im in the 98 percent of people who have no side effects. ever.

You lucky wanker!! :p I´d love to be in that 98% but unfortunately Dutasteride has killed my libido, my orgasms are shit with barely any ejaculatory volume and I´m having to take Arimidex to combat estrogenic sides.

finnestride is a common part of "chemical castration" for sex offenders/pedo's in some countries... or "was". dunno if it's still done. found that lil nugget of info in an endocrinology textbook and switched to dutasteride. luckily I rarely use it and still have a head full of hair after 18+ years of AAS. lol

"Researchers found that men who used finasteride or dutasteride can get persistent erectile dysfunction that can linger for months or years after stopping the medication. They also noted that longer exposure increased the risk of experiencing sexual problems.

The issue concerns the drugs dutasteride and finasteride. Dutasteride, known by the brand name Avodart, used to treat enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia. Finasteride, sold under the brand names Proscar and Propecia, treats enlarged prostate as well as androgenic alopecia in men. Both drugs are in a class of medications called 5a-reductase inhibitors or 5a-RIs.

Propecia made headlines in recent months after President Donald Trump’s personal physician revealed the president was taking the medication to treat male pattern baldness."

Alopecia, enlarged prostate drugs linked to long-lasting erectile dysfunction | Righting Injustice

Ironic as I just started taking DIM (which helps prostate) for another reason and found my boners being much worse lately. Had to drop it.

I think it might be dose depent I've been on 1.25 mg a day for years and haven't had a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

finnestride is a common part of "chemical castration" for sex offenders/pedo's in some countries... or "was". dunno if it's still done. found that lil nugget of info in an endocrinology textbook and switched to dutasteride. luckily I rarely use it and still have a head full of hair after 18+ years of AAS. lol

Well that´s how I feel on Dut, once in a while my libido comes back to say hello and then fucks off for ages.

Terrible drug. No am wood , ED lasts 6 months after quitting it. Would never touch it again and I was only on 0.25mg for years. Standard dosages are 1 mg and 5 mgs.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws