over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Losartan?

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok....so my blood pressure has been on the higher side lately. Bringing my body fat levels down has been helpful. But it's still been higher. Hypertension runs in my family so I want to nip it in the bud. Blood pressure at the doc today was 150/100. It's been higher. He put me on a low dose of losartan to start with. Anybody have any experience with this drug?

Ok....so my blood pressure has been on the higher side lately. Bringing my body fat levels down has been helpful. But it's still been higher. Hypertension runs in my family so I want to nip it in the bud. Blood pressure at the doc today was 150/100. It's been higher. He put me on a low dose of losartan to start with. Anybody have any experience with this drug?

I take 50 MG a day. I personally think there is stronger drugs then this out there. It is suppose to last all day, but it doesn't for me. I think with your Blood pressure that high, you will need need at least 50 MG. You might need another drug with it too. Check your BP 3 times a day while on it and monitor it. That will let you know how to adjust.

"Losartan often failed to control blood pressure all day, but this information was not widely known. I recommended to members that they check their blood pressure 12 to 15 hours after taking losartan and many reported back that they needed to take it twice daily."

with 150/100 you definitely want to take losartan twice daily. if your diastolic/bottom number is that high on a regular basis you better be on another bp med.

nothuman turned me on to telismartin. he wrote "Improves insulin sensitivity, enhances mitochondrial activity, improves endothelial function, fat loss, and increases longevity. 40mg daily (split 20mg morning and night) " and here are two links he posted:

Best Drug To Treat Hypertension - Life Extension

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/telmisartan/

P.S.

losartan is also used to slow long-term kidney damage in people with type 2 diabetes who have high blood pressure.

Attachments

• Losartan potassium blood pressure med.jpg
    Losartan potassium blood pressure med.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 261
I take Losartan/HCTZ 100/25. The HCTZ is a diuretic which helps with holding water.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I take Losartan/HCTZ 100/25. The HCTZ is a diuretic which helps with holding water.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am on the exact same brother. losartan 100, hctz 25. I have been on both for about 10 years. has worked very good for me

I take 50 MG a day. I personally think there is stronger drugs then this out there. It is suppose to last all day, but it doesn't for me. I think with your Blood pressure that high, you will need need at least 50 MG. You might need another drug with it too. Check your BP 3 times a day while on it and monitor it. That will let you know how to adjust.

I agree, might need 100mg and another. I know I did

What sucks about most BP meds is that they do in fact not control BP 24 hours at a steady rate. As a matter of fact it is more like a curve. This should concern most of us because BP rates are typically higher in the AM, and studies have shown a spike in the AM that cause BP to rise to unsafe levels increases the chances of stroke.

Thanks for the input. This is my first time ever on bp meds so my doc wanted to start on the lower end and once a day for a couple weeks and then adjust from there rather than jumping right in

Thanks for the input. This is my first time ever on bp meds so my doc wanted to start on the lower end and once a day for a couple weeks and then adjust from there rather than jumping right in

Eff that. If that was my BP, I'd jump face first in BP meds to get that shit down yesterday

What sucks about most BP meds is that they do in fact not control BP 24 hours at a steady rate. As a matter of fact it is more like a curve. This should concern most of us because BP rates are typically higher in the AM, and studies have shown a spike in the AM that cause BP to rise to unsafe levels increases the chances of stroke.
Yes sir your def right about that...My cardiologist put me on 2.5mg Amplodipine in am,5mg at bed with Lisinopril 10/HCTZ 12.5mg...Blood pressure before that with just the Lisinopril blood pressure was highest in the morning...

THE REAPER

I tried Losartan but made me sick/dizzy/lethargic to the point that I just wanted to sit on the couch all day. I also had the same experience with lisinopril.

Doc gave me amlodipine but am hesitant to try that as well based upon my experience with the other two.

I currently take 25mg HCTZ with no issues at all

Eff that. If that was my BP, I'd jump face first in BP meds to get that shit down yesterday

Ya? Hmmmmm. Ive got another appointment with him this Saturday to go over some FMLA paperwork for work. I think ill talk to him again. I saw someone else mention that you recommended telmisartan to them. What would be the best way to bring this up to my doc if I want to try this one?

hh, are you right in the middle of a big cycle? anything involved that you dont normally run?

Ya? Hmmmmm. Ive got another appointment with him this Saturday to go over some FMLA paperwork for work. I think ill talk to him again. I saw someone else mention that you recommended telmisartan to them. What would be the best way to bring this up to my doc if I want to try this one?

Do some research on all the different types of meds available. They all work by different pathways and all have side effects.

I was put on Bystolic. Initially I was tired on it, however the only side effect I seem to get is cold feet and hands. I can live with that. I have no other sides (that I know of!). A Beta Blocker has the added benefit of lowering my resting heart rate, which fends off anxiety issues. The latter is important because I do not need any benzo's, which as typical for anxiety. So it is a 2for1.

Best of luck.

"Losartan often failed to control blood pressure all day, but this information was not widely known. I recommended to members that they check their blood pressure 12 to 15 hours after taking losartan and many reported back that they needed to take it twice daily."

with 150/100 you definitely want to take losartan twice daily. if your diastolic/bottom number is that high on a regular basis you better be on another bp med.

nothuman turned me on to telismartin. he wrote "Improves insulin sensitivity, enhances mitochondrial activity, improves endothelial function, fat loss, and increases longevity. 40mg daily (split 20mg morning and night) " and here are two links he posted:

Best Drug To Treat Hypertension - Life Extension

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/telmisartan/

P.S.

losartan is also used to slow long-term kidney damage in people with type 2 diabetes who have high blood pressure.

It brings joy to me to know you remember this. I've only been screaming "TELMISARTAN" to everyone for two years now.

Well chances are he isn't aware of the studies cited in the Life Extension link chainheart post above, so you could always print out the article and give to him (worth a shot but sometimes doctors don't like their patients to be smarter than they are).

The doctor wants to start you low to avoid liability in case you react badly to side effects. The chances of that are slim. Losartan still is a good drug but I'd want to use more in order to get your bp down to 115/75.

hh, are you right in the middle of a big cycle? anything involved that you dont normally run?

Yes, I am running a decent cycle currently....but my blood pressure for the last 6-8 months has been consistently in the 135/90 - 150/100 area regardless of dose or compounds. It was much higher while running tren a couple months back but ive since dropped it

Do some research on all the different types of meds available. They all work by different pathways and all have side effects.

I was put on Bystolic. Initially I was tired on it, however the only side effect I seem to get is cold feet and hands. I can live with that. I have no other sides (that I know of!). A Beta Blocker has the added benefit of lowering my resting heart rate, which fends off anxiety issues. The latter is important because I do not need any benzo's, which as typical for anxiety. So it is a 2for1.

Best of luck.

Interesting. Ill look into that as I have anxiety issues as well

It brings joy to me to know you remember this. I've only been screaming "TELMISARTAN" to everyone for two years now.

Well chances are he isn't aware of the studies cited in the Life Extension link chainheart post above, so you could always print out the article and give to him (worth a shot but sometimes doctors don't like their patients to be smarter than they are).

The doctor wants to start you low to avoid liability in case you react badly to side effects. The chances of that are slim. Losartan still is a good drug but I'd want to use more in order to get your bp down to 115/75.

Ok...I think ill print that study out and see what he says.

The drug itself has a fairly short active half-life of 6-9hrs via the metabolite and not the parent drug itself.

As well, some individuals that are carrier's of Homozygous CYP2C9*3 alleles are known to be poor metabolizers of drugs such as Losartan. This is not to mention that with the polypharmacy of supplements and Rx's a majority of individuals ingest daily in this lifestyle. There may be some drug-drug/supplement interactions that may induce your BP med, considering its in a substrate class of drugs, in which are susceptible to either rapid induction or inhibition.

IMO, before using an adjuvant Rx. I would either ask your treating clinician to either switch you to BID (twice a day) dosing. Or run some pharmacogenetic testing of CYP2C9.

Last edited:
My doc told me losartin protects kydneys also if i remember correctly. Can anyone confirm this? Only side i got was for a few months i got dyzziness(head rushes) if i stood up fast, but after a few months this went away.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws