finasteride

concreter

Featured Member / Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
I have been dosing 1 gram daily for about 3 weeks.
wondering if it may have any side effects on muscle fibre weakness.
I had a tear of the pectoral fibres and possibly a bicep, short head both while benching.

Have you done a run of antibiotics in the last 6 months?
Any Nsaids besides baby aspirin regularly like ibuprofen etc?

2 runs on anti's, last one about 2 weeks ago for a tooth infection and then again about 3 mnths ago...

2 runs on anti's, last one about 2 weeks ago for a tooth infection and then again about 3 mnths ago...

Dc just made a excellent point which I just had a similar experience as you concreter. Some antibiotics are worse then others of course on the joints/muscles. What was the name of the antibiotics you took with in the last 2-3 months ago and have you been taking magnesium?especially after taking those antibiotics because they pretty much wipe out magnesium.

Wow I was not aware of that

Wow I was not aware of that

This is a extremely important post to every bodybuilder thinking of taking antibiotics and avoding certain ones. That's why I asked Concreter which one he took. Doctors give these out like candy these days. Damage to us but billions to big drug manufacturing company's pushing specific antibiotics like cipro and levaquin and the antibiotics in there family...

Last edited:
I've been aware of the dangers of antibiotics and tendon rupture...probably learned it here. It's information like this that make the board top notch. I think we need to keep a sticky with information like this that we could use as a reference!

I also just took antibiotics for a tooth infection, can't remember which one....

I've been aware of the dangers of antibiotics and tendon rupture...probably learned it here. It's information like this that make the board top notch. I think we need to keep a sticky with information like this that we could use as a reference!
Finasteride shouldn't have been an issue. Something like Cipro wouldn't have helped though.

I also never push upper limits when dieting. Just asking for an injury. Benching heavy as hell past 40 is just pointless imo. You can get the same stimulation and growth with machines and certain techniques. I don't even use dumbells anymore. Look at Dexter's methodology! We don't have those genetics but same idea.

Dc just made a excellent point which I just had a similar experience as you concreter. Some antibiotics are worse then others of course on the joints/muscles. What was the name of the antibiotics you took with in the last 2-3 months ago and have you been taking magnesium?especially after taking those antibiotics because they pretty much wipe out magnesium.

looks like it was amoxicillin. 7-10 days at 2 a day.
who would of thought these studies were out there...I'm sure the f'n dr's that prescribe this and other shit have not done a day of homework since they got the licence to PRACTICE....

another curiosity was spot injecting test into pec every other week w- slin pin. just prior to training....
1 week pin chest, 1cc each pec and next week pin delts. 1 hr prior to chest workout...been doing it for a few yrs...

looks like it was amoxicillin. 7-10 days at 2 a day.
who would of thought these studies were out there...I'm sure the f'n dr's that prescribe this and other shit have not done a day of homework since they got the licence to PRACTICE....

another curiosity was spot injecting test into pec every other week w- slin pin. just prior to training....
1 week pin chest, 1cc each pec and next week pin delts. 1 hr prior to chest workout...been doing it for a few yrs...
As long as you never took any fluoroquinolones antibiotics during that time then that's good news. I agree with you. Some doctors just don't give a crap.

Its always possible your hitting some nerves when injecting in the chest and delts. Either way man I hope you recover fast bro

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear