over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hashimoto's thyroiditis , Dante , Emeric anyone

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have a close female friend that has been struggling with dieting and losing fat after her babies. She has all th symptoms of Hashimoto's or at very least hypothyroidism.

She was a bikini competitor for several years , has her head screwed on tight with dieting and training but since she had her twins she is having a really hard time losing fat. She started back in the gym 3 months postpartum and came back with 15 pounds of her stage weight and now she's stuck.

She says she feels TOTALLY different as far as energy, endurance , health , always cold , brittle hair and nails , complexion.

I figured it was hormones but she had that checked and everything is back close to where she was the year before she got pregnant. She hasn't had a thyroid panel done yet but her family dr swears it all sounds like Hashimoto's.

Any of you guys ever deal with anything like this or have any suggestions on supplements that might help

A thyroid panel needs to be done, until then it's just guessing

Yes... my wife had the same problem after our first child.. sluggish, no energy, couldn't lose any of the weight she gained during pregnancy... had a thyroid panel done and it was like 10 or something astronomically high. It took over a year of them tinkering with the dose of levothyroxin and I think she sits about 2.5 to 3 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I train a bikini client with this auto immune disease.

its very challenging
she pushed herself hard, cant eat what other girls typically eat, and doesnt respond the same to supps
possible but challenging
she may never win, but she can be her best

Get blood work done and make sure they check for antibody count. It will be through the roof if she has Hashi's.

My girl's TSH and T4 were in range (although the range is about as accurate as the testosterone range is for diagnosing deficiencies), and they sent her home. Got her to check her antibodies, through the freaking roof.

She has full blown hashi's and is on a t3/t4 compound now. The last thing you want to be on with hashi's is T4 only. Many girls are poor converters, and a big part of Hashi's is autoimmune response to fillers like gluten that cause inflammation and other bad digestive problems that all contribute to the condition.

It's a lot more complicated in most cases than simply replacing her thyroid levels with an exogenous source.

Last edited:
That's cool. LDN is getting some attention on this board recently... I'm certainly starting to get interested for different reasons, plus the fact that my wife has Hashimoto's.

LDN ???

Hashimotos is no joke, it will be difficult to overcome this and get her into legitimate contest shape. She should get a dr to diagnose her before jumping to conclusions because frankly this disease is Common but often self diagnosis is incorrect

Last edited:
I have a close female friend that has been struggling with dieting and losing fat after her babies. She has all th symptoms of Hashimoto's or at very least hypothyroidism.

She was a bikini competitor for several years , has her head screwed on tight with dieting and training but since she had her twins she is having a really hard time losing fat. She started back in the gym 3 months postpartum and came back with 15 pounds of her stage weight and now she's stuck.

She says she feels TOTALLY different as far as energy, endurance , health , always cold , brittle hair and nails , complexion.

I figured it was hormones but she had that checked and everything is back close to where she was the year before she got pregnant. She hasn't had a thyroid panel done yet but her family dr swears it all sounds like Hashimoto's.

Any of you guys ever deal with anything like this or have any suggestions on supplements that might help

It is a autoimmune condition, and it can be kept under control, treatment of choice for Hashimoto's thyroiditis is typically synthetic T4 or thyroxine. I would suggest some natural supplements to improve here immune system. We can talk about this privately.

A thyroid panel needs to be done, until then it's just guessing

Get her to do some blood work and make sure she gets a THYROID PANEL... Not just TSH

TOTAL T4
FREE T4
TOTAL T3
FREE T3
***REVERSE T3
Iron Panel
AM Cortisol

And all the standard Hashi's antibody tests

I've been dealing with thyroid issues for 7 years and dont let her have her Doc get her results and say "you're fine". Get the labs and post them

Selenium
Iodine (could help, could make things worse)
Avoid gluten

So this is a fairly uncommon autoimmune disorder. Less than 1%. So what evidence do you have for posting something like this? You have no evidence this is a complete waste of time and you will see she does not have Hashimoto's. A chick post partum who has weight problems? And our first explanation is a rare autoimmune disorder? You are obviuosly quite new to this and have much to learn. In fact, you should probably defer completely. Occam's razor. Prove me wrong.

Rex.

Hypothyroid Mom ? Hypothyroidism, Thyroid Disease

Check out the site above. LDN may be option. Read up on it regarding thyroid and Hasimotos. My endo is treating lot her clients with it for that very reason.

Ya it's being used for lot stuff even if you don't have hashimotos Ldn and has some hormone balancing properties that make it an adjunct treatment to balance everything else sometimes it's just slight immune response it helps balance out and not necessarily some major autoimmune issue.

So this is a fairly uncommon autoimmune disorder. Less than 1%. So what evidence do you have for posting something like this? You have no evidence this is a complete waste of time and you will see she does not have Hashimoto's. A chick post partum who has weight problems? And our first explanation is a rare autoimmune disorder? You are obviuosly quite new to this and have much to learn. In fact, you should probably defer completely. Occam's razor. Prove me wrong.

Rex.

This is so true. For some reason people with just basic thyroid disorder use
hashiimoto interchangeablely for whatever reason. She should just go to endo. Not sure why everyone wants self treat esp ifif they have insurance.

well i came here asking about symptoms and if anyone had any previous experience with them or Hashimoto's , i never claimed that what it was in fact i first assumed it was postpartum hormones , but as is getting more common here reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for some.

As for just getting tested , i have good insurance and not until i see an endocrinologist which i have to be referred to by a GP will my insurance cover the test.
This girl doesn't have insurance at the moment (new resident to New Mexico waiting on medicaid) so the changes of her having insurance pay for these test are slim to none. I'm likely going to pay for them for her because i have a soft spot for her as she reminds me alot of my daughter.

I honestly hope its something simple thats not thyroid related and can be treated with more natural payways than just throwing drugs at the problem. Honestly the more i read up on it there are several viruses that can cause the body to react to dietary allergies and attack the body especially the thyroid making its look like Hashimoto's.

I personally believe its much better to treat the cause of an issue than just treat the symptoms , Dr's see skewed T3/T4 numbers and automatically want to replace those hormones rather than fix why they are wrong.

Thank l you to everyone to bothered to offer any insight

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity