over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Diuretics and final week prep

Fact: Diuretics of any type, even potassium sparring diuretics remove
water from tissue.

THEY DO NOT REMOVE SUB-Q WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Holding water" is a slick word for being Fat. Period!

-MT

water from tissue.

-MT

Unfortunately I was too hardheaded to understand this in my 20's and I totally jacked up more than one competition. I had one show where my entire family came - and I have a big ass family. Even had in laws there as well. I had busted my ass to get in shape and was definitely not spot on but was pretty tight. Final 2 weeks and I start becoming a total head case - and since Dan Duchaine talked about lasix in dirty dieting and Bodyopus - I just had to fng use it.
I looked like total shit for prejudging - was so ashamed. I figured f it and drank 2 or 3 pitchers of tea that day between shows and looked better that night.
Sunday morning - holy shit - was close to the best I EVER looked. Skin was somehow very thin - had veins in abs - it was insane..
but - did that teach my hard headed ass??? No - I was always convinced that there was some secret water manipulation trick that if I just could get right would make me perfect...

MM,

We've all fallen victim to "all the tricks" and I can only hope that our
experiences don't fall on deaf ears!

Or how about cutting sodium for the last week :banghead:.

There is a definite way to dry out, carb/fat load and be full and shredded by manipulating all 3 variables at specific times during the final step in a well rehearsed and thought out proven process. With no diuretics!

But it all starts with being peeled first and foremost.

The rest I'll keep secret :p.

-MT

Unfortunately I was too hardheaded to understand this in my 20's and I totally jacked up more than one competition. I had one show where my entire family came - and I have a big ass family. Even had in laws there as well. I had busted my ass to get in shape and was definitely not spot on but was pretty tight. Final 2 weeks and I start becoming a total head case - and since Dan Duchaine talked about lasix in dirty dieting and Bodyopus - I just had to fng use it.
I looked like total shit for prejudging - was so ashamed. I figured f it and drank 2 or 3 pitchers of tea that day between shows and looked better that night.
Sunday morning - holy shit - was close to the best I EVER looked. Skin was somehow very thin - had veins in abs - it was insane..
but - did that teach my hard headed ass??? No - I was always convinced that there was some secret water manipulation trick that if I just could get right would make me perfect...

IMO, if you think you need diuretics... you aren't in shape.

this is why you are supposed to be stage ready 2 weeks out..

no scrambling

water from tissue.

-MT

Very true. But holding water also is a slick word for holding water :D. I'm with you on your point and just being facetious.

A solid prep coach (think it was porter) always said it's better to be 100% dry and 70% shredded than 100% full and spilled over.

But ultimately the best protocol for a conservative diuretic protocol is going to come from one's coach who has the knowledge of the diuretic and the competitor's body... Which given your and tenny's coaching services, works to serve your point lol.

we don't give diuretic protocols......

:lightbulb:

we can control a NATURAL dry out, better than any diuretic....

they are too unpredictable.

:cool:

Last edited:
IMO, if you think you need diuretics... you aren't in shape.

this is why you are supposed to be stage ready 2 weeks out..

no scrambling

Exactly. Are you peeled? Not needed.
If you are peeled and trying to make a weight class then trying to fill out with slin then maybe...but that's anothern conversation

we don't give diuretic protocols......

:lightbulb:

we can control a NATURAL dry out, better than any diuretic....

they are too unpredictable.

:cool:

My bad, didn't mean a protocol in the sense of building up multiple diuretics over the course of a few days. Meant for more of the experienced coach to make a call to do something like making the call for someone to take something like 1 dyazide 9pm night before 1 morning of, 1 night before .5 morning of, or just .5 night before.

Those small changes are something only an experienced coach who has experience with the op's body could provide without it being a blind guess. Anything we advice would be just that not knowing how the OP responds to variables.

you can get yourself dangerously dehydrated simply taking extra vitamin C and dandelion root a few times a day the last week while drinking 2-3 gallons of water a day , you will be a pissing machine and when you cut the water that doesn't stop

you can get yourself dangerously dehydrated simply taking extra vitamin C and dandelion root a few times a day the last week while drinking 2-3 gallons of water a day , you will be a pissing machine and when you cut the water that doesn't stop

sounds good , taking 3g C what dosage you talking about?

Lasix is great if you know how to use it, which I doubt many meat heads here know how. I wouldn't use it unless you have pharmacy grade potassium on hand.

Dyazide is good for a safe diuretic. If you start cramping on it, some sodium will quickly fix that. It's potassium sparing so you don't need to worry about that. It won't pull water like lasix, but it's a great night before the show kind of thing.

I had a client needing to lose 16 lbs in 7 days to make weight. Had him use lasix for 4 days straight leading up to that with proper supplementation, and he just barley made it. I strongly recommend finding someone who knows lasix well if you went that route.

Lasix is great if you know how to use it, which I doubt many meat heads here know how. I wouldn't use it unless you have pharmacy grade potassium on hand.

Dyazide is good for a safe diuretic. If you start cramping on it, some sodium will quickly fix that. It's potassium sparing so you don't need to worry about that. It won't pull water like lasix, but it's a great night before the show kind of thing.

I had a client needing to lose 16 lbs in 7 days to make weight. Had him use lasix for 4 days straight leading up to that with proper supplementation, and he just barley made it. I strongly recommend finding someone who knows lasix well if you went that route.

wow man 16 lbs thats crazy, was that client flat as pancake at stage or ? :eek:

That is because you don't know what you are doing. He dropped muscle in that time, not so much water. 7 days and 16 pounds? Wow just unbelievable. You shouldn't be giving recommendations to no one.

at that point....its just not worth it to even make weight...

competing just wouldn't be an option....

or....get in where you fit in...

If your client was in shape WHY would he need to lose 16 pounds?!?! That's damn near two weight classes!! I just don't understand this mindset - compete in the freaking class you belong in!!
You don't "know what you're doing" if you're using oasis for this.

Lasix? Come on dude...

He was perfectly fine, didn't even cramp, and he won the overall in classic.

The horror stories you hear are guys who don't have a clue how to use it.

That's why I said, if you don't have somebody guiding you who really knows pharmacology don't do this.

That is because you don't know what you are doing. He dropped muscle in that time, not so much water. 7 days and 16 pounds? Wow just unbelievable. You shouldn't be giving recommendations to no one.

Lol lost muscle? Are you being serious? Let me guess, you're that guy who does about a million regional shows and has never made it past that and wonders what you're doing wrong.

Wait don't even answer that, looking at your hammies in your pic it's pretty clear you don't know much about conditioning.:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity