over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yohimbine Fasting Time

swim15

Registered
I'm not doing fasted cardio at the moment due to my schedule. Tried finding some sort of literature on the preferred length of fasting before and after dosing but wasn't able to find much concrete.

Right now The first half of my day looks like this
7am meal 1 (carbs)
10am meal 2 (low carbs- chicken and veggies)
12pm cardio
1pm meal 3 (carbs)

Was wondering if I could fit it in or rearrange it to make it work. Would taking the yohimbine (20-25mg) at around 1130-12 before cardio be effective with the low/no carb meal at 10am currently?

Was also thinking about something like a slightly larger breakfast and cutting out the 10am meal or possibly a slightly smaller breakfast and moving the 10am meal back at 9-930 then dosing yohimbine at 1130 or so before cardio.

If none of those will have the best effect then I'll probably resort to dosing in the middle of the night if it doesn't mess with my sleep too much which it hasn't in the past at lower doses

[lang=de]why not fast till 12, take yohi @ wakeup and take it again 11:15 together with caff both times.[/lang]

why are you worried abut being fasted when you take yohimbine?

why are you worried abut being fasted when you take yohimbine?

It's proven to be most effective when fasted. You just want to take it when insulin is low. I think the way the original poster has laid out would be adequate to make sure it is as effective as possible. The easiest way is AM fasted.

I think yohimbine does nothing in the presence of insulin. I don't think your proposed schedule will work with yohimbine. Only time I would use it is fasted morning cardio when you know you won't be producing insulin.

Nothing to stop you using a different stimulant such as clenbuterol later in the day.

so , when are we considered "fasted"??

when our blood glucose is back to what it is when we wake up??

what if we take a glucose disposal agent like metformin??

Does insulin or elevated blood glucose neutralize the yohimbine making it useless??

Yes its my understanding that insulin renders yohimbine useless.

I can't say how long it takes for somebody to get down to no insulin production, but bare in mind that after you eat, macros can be entering your blood for hours potentially, therefore having effect on insulin production.

In theory, after sleeping all night without eating, you shouldn't be producing insulin first thing in the morning.

Your body produces insulin 24/7 365.

Of course more with carb intake.

Remember the carbs you eat 12 hours before doing fasted cardio are still
present in your body upon waking, and perhaps even longer than 12 hours
depending on amount and type.

The most effective time for fat loss cardio may not be fasted,
To tap into fat stores your glycogen levels needs to be at there lowest level.

Weight training burns stored glycogen so PWO cardio may be more effective.
But several other variables come into play.

High intensity short rest periods (30-45 seconds) often times is the only cardio you may need.

So a little experimentation is usually needed to figure this out as well as where you are in your prep and what your BF levels are to begin with.

-MT

Yes its my understanding that insulin renders yohimbine useless.

I can't say how long it takes for somebody to get down to no insulin production, but bare in mind that after you eat, macros can be entering your blood for hours potentially, therefore having effect on insulin production.

In theory, after sleeping all night without eating, you shouldn't be producing insulin first thing in the morning.

so , when are we considered "fasted"??

when our blood glucose is back to what it is when we wake up??

what if we take a glucose disposal agent like metformin??

Does insulin or elevated blood glucose neutralize the yohimbine making it useless??

I'm not sure what the specific interaction is that reduces or negates it's efficacy is, but in any studies with a fed state, it doesn't seem to work for fat loss.

After a meal insulin spikes in 1hr, reduces 1/2 in the next 2 hours, and is at baseline or very close at 3 hours. (in a "normal/healthy" person)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2906290
"The lipid-mobilizing action of yohimbine was reinforced during physical exercise, completely suppressed after a meal..."

True or False: Yohimbine Sheds "Stubborn" Ab & Thigh Fat in Women (+Men)? Plus: Does is the Way You Administer the Alpha-2 Antagonist the Main Determinant of Fat Loss? - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone
"Furthermore you should keep in mind that the ingestion of food will blunt all the neat 'fat burning effects' of yohimbine. To make the most of your yohimbine, you should thus use it fasted and refrain from eating for at least 2h after the ingestion."

Lyle MacDonald said "The increase in insulin from eating anything will negate the effect of yohimbine completely and the negative studies on yohimbine invariably used it in people who had eaten."

I'm not doing fasted cardio at the moment due to my schedule. Tried finding some sort of literature on the preferred length of fasting before and after dosing but wasn't able to find much concrete.

Right now The first half of my day looks like this
7am meal 1 (carbs)
10am meal 2 (low carbs- chicken and veggies)
12pm cardio
1pm meal 3 (carbs)

Was wondering if I could fit it in or rearrange it to make it work. Would taking the yohimbine (20-25mg) at around 1130-12 before cardio be effective with the low/no carb meal at 10am currently?

Was also thinking about something like a slightly larger breakfast and cutting out the 10am meal or possibly a slightly smaller breakfast and moving the 10am meal back at 9-930 then dosing yohimbine at 1130 or so before cardio.

If none of those will have the best effect then I'll probably resort to dosing in the middle of the night if it doesn't mess with my sleep too much which it hasn't in the past at lower doses

Certainly wouldn't be trying to dose in the middle of the night, especially at 20-25mg. Recommended dose is 0.2mg/kg if dosed in isolation, and if taking with caffeine, ephedrine, forskolin, or beta-agonist you can dose lower (and will be more effective).

Yohimbine half life is quite short and if taken in the presence of an insulin spike, it won't do much/if anything at all, and if it were me, I'd dose right before your 12pm cardio session (no bcaa or anything like that, just water).

Best time to take is fasted. Its okay to take it between meals, its not as black and white as insulin completely kills it, it still is working, just not as well.

Thanks for the input guys.

Blood sugar does seem to return roughly to baseline about 3 hours after a meal in healthy people so I'll keep taking before my 12pm cardio and may add in another dose in the middle of the night as it doesn't bother my sleep.

Probably going to try combining with fermoterol as well and see how that does

Your body produces insulin 24/7 365.

Of course more with carb intake.

Remember the carbs you eat 12 hours before doing fasted cardio are still
present in your body upon waking, and perhaps even longer than 12 hours
depending on amount and type.

The most effective time for fat loss cardio may not be fasted,
To tap into fat stores your glycogen levels needs to be at there lowest level.

Weight training burns stored glycogen so PWO cardio may be more effective.
But several other variables come into play.

High intensity short rest periods (30-45 seconds) often times is the only cardio you may need.

So a little experimentation is usually needed to figure this out as well as where you are in your prep and what your BF levels are to begin with.

-MT

THANK YOU

I cant stand the dogmatic mantra...

Im not saying its ideal (at all) but BBers have been eating 6 meals a day and getting shredded - losing body fat in the presence of insulin - for decades yet apparently you cant burn fat if you have a couple grams of aminos that might spike insulin before doing an hour of cardio.... Makes 0 sense

THANK YOU

I cant stand the dogmatic mantra...

Im not saying its ideal (at all) but BBers have been eating 6 meals a day and getting shredded - losing body fat in the presence of insulin - for decades yet apparently you cant burn fat if you have a couple grams of aminos that might spike insulin before doing an hour of cardio.... Makes 0 sense

We're talking about a very specific compound here, with evidence-based recommendations. BBers have acknowledged the pulsatile nature of many compounds (GH, Test, etc.), and have thus improved their value and efficacy. Next thing we'll say is nutrient timing makes no difference since my bro still makes gains without it.

what if someone were using Metformin and running a keto style diet. The Blood glucose would not spike nearly as much and shoumd return to normal reasonably fast right??

Have any of you guys invested in a meter and checked you BG after meals for a while to see how long it takes for the number to fall back??

I've got a meter. Mine is usually back down in about 90min IIRC but now that I think about it it's been a while since I've checked. Was more curious to hear what people had done and noticed results with but will do a few post meal BS checks

I've got a meter. Mine is usually back down in about 90min IIRC but now that I think about it it's been a while since I've checked. Was more curious to hear what people had done and noticed results with but will do a few post meal BS checks

Be interesting to hear your results.

Thanks for the input guys.

Blood sugar does seem to return roughly to baseline about 3 hours after a meal in healthy people so I'll keep taking before my 12pm cardio and may add in another dose in the middle of the night as it doesn't bother my sleep.

Probably going to try combining with fermoterol as well and see how that does

Why can't you take it at 6:30a or just take it as soon as you get up and wait 30 minutes to eat.

Yea I could be then I'm not fasted. It needs to be during the primary duration of action if I understand correctly which makes sense

On a side note- anyone notice faster gastric emptying with yohimbine? Found some studies that seemed slightly conflicting but I'm definitely noticing it to be fairly significant. Similar feel to GHRP6 just not nearly as severe. Started feeling that hypo feeling after cardio and a 20mg yohimbine dose

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws