YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Going to get my health checked...what am I missing?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I've been testing quarterly for the last year and everything looks good. Off, trt, blast, post, back to trt etc.

However, I usually just get a panel that includes:
Test
Free test
E2(estradiol)
Dhea-s
Psa

...AND A CBC(always)

I have added in the past...
Homocysteine(base and blast)
Crp(base and blast)
Vitamin D(base and on 10k units)
IGF (base and on pharma gh)
Dht (base)

This time around I'm on trt...and minimal health supps. I am going to get the same basic panel of [test,free test,e2,dhea-s] + CBC but thinking about testing for:
NMR (particle size)
Lp (a)
And I wanted to test the clotting that was discussed with vitamin K but life extension only has a factor VIII test. I don't believe that is the same test.

Since my crp and homocysteine were always good, I'm leaving them out. Igf baseline I already have from a year ago so I will skip that too. I will likely include vitamin d test again to see if the base has fluctuated at all.

I'm interested in people chiming in on what else I should consider testing in regards for health and longevity. Things with real science and purpose behind it that are worth the $ in the picture of health. Also want info on the proposed new tests I'm looking to add on that are mentioned above. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You have mentioned NMR. Perhaps cortisol if it's not included in your usual testing. You seem to have most things covered.

I know we just spoke but I'll throw in some more if you want to get these checked.

Hemoglobin A1C (blood sugar test, better than glucose)
GGT (good liver test)
Interleukin-6 (never had this tested myself since my cardiologist never heard of it but it's another heart disease risk test)
Fibrinogen (likelihood of blood clots)

I know we just spoke but I'll throw in some more if you want to get these checked.

GGT (good liver test)
Interleukin-6 (never had this tested myself since my cardiologist never heard of it but it's another heart disease risk test)

My glucose is always between 80 and 95 but I haven't done an A1c...

GGT and interleukin I have not considered getting before.

I did a baseline fibrinogen a year ago and it was all good.

I've been testing quarterly for the last year and everything looks good. Off, trt, blast, post, back to trt etc.

However, I usually just get a panel that includes:
Test
Free test
E2(estradiol)
Dhea-s
Psa

...AND A CBC(always)

I have added in the past...
Homocysteine(base and blast)
Crp(base and blast)
Vitamin D(base and on 10k units)
IGF (base and on pharma gh)
Dht (base)

This time around I'm on trt...and minimal health supps. I am going to get the same basic panel of [test,free test,e2,dhea-s] + CBC but thinking about testing for:
NMR (particle size)
Lp (a)
And I wanted to test the clotting that was discussed with vitamin K but life extension only has a factor VIII test. I don't believe that is the same test.

Since my crp and homocysteine were always good, I'm leaving them out. Igf baseline I already have from a year ago so I will skip that too. I will likely include vitamin d test again to see if the base has fluctuated at all.

I'm interested in people chiming in on what else I should consider testing in regards for health and longevity. Things with real science and purpose behind it that are worth the $ in the picture of health. Also want info on the proposed new tests I'm looking to add on that are mentioned above. Thanks.

Cardiac calcium score if you are over 40. Especially with a history of drugs that raise ldl and lower hdl. Best $150 you can spend on preventative medicine.

How about lipids? Always good to see if that last bout of tren destroyed your HDL ;)

How about lipids? Always good to see if that last bout of tren destroyed your HDL ;)
That's in a CBC and I already mentioned a particle test as well.

GGT (good liver test)

GGT is only needed if ALP comes back high, ALP is part of standard liver test. GGT can't be high unless ALP is high, if ALP is high then docs use GGT test to see more specifically where the damage is.

"The gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) test may be used to determine the cause of elevated alkaline phosphatase (ALP). Both ALP and GGT are elevated in disease of the bile ducts and in some liver diseases, but only ALP will be elevated in bone disease"

What about the metabolic panel with the liver and kidney parameters?

That's the CBC.

No, CBC is a complete blood count; RBC, WBC, hemoglobin, crit, platelets, etc.. and does not include cholesterol, liver, kidneys, etc.. Those are additional panels that must be ordered as well.

No, CBC is a complete blood count; RBC, WBC, hemoglobin, crit, platelets, etc.. and does not include cholesterol, liver, kidneys, etc.. Those are additional panels that must be ordered as well.
They always come with the CBC on lef. It's actually called Chemistry Panel and CBC.

They always come with the CBC on lef. It's actually called Chemistry Panel and CBC.

Ok, cool; I am familiar with their panels. Didn't want you to get the results and have a bunch of shit missing and wonder what happened.

Ok, cool; I am familiar with their panels. Didn't want you to get the results and have a bunch of shit missing and wonder what happened.
I appreciate that.

C-Reactive Protein / Cardiac,
Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum
T4,Free(Direct)
Cortisol
TSH

My glucose is always between 80 and 95 but I haven't done an A1c...

GGT and interleukin I have not considered getting before.

I did a baseline fibrinogen a year ago and it was all good.

A1c is better test for blood glucose / insulin markers knight. i had it done.

C - reactive protein is huge as a overall inflammation marker in the body. my levels were quite low which was great. stan efferding rates these two tests very high in importance in his blood work rant video on utube. check that out if u havent seen it.

i did a top end sports hormone panel in the UK which tested it all including stuff like magnesium levels which is cool to know. also cortisol, DHEA.

I posted my labs here some time ago.

All the best mate.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

GGT (good liver test)

Now that I've looked over my bloodwork, GGT was 23 in a 0-65 reference range and fibrinogen was 351(193-507) as a baseline when I was off all compounds 12/2015. My T was at 278 and free T 7.4.

C-Reactive Protein / Cardiac,
Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum
T4,Free(Direct)
Cortisol
TSH

CRP baseline was 2.32 in 12/2015 when off everything and cleaned out....and 1.52 when on a blast 9/2016. 0-3.00 is the reference range.
TSH baseline was 2.930 12/2015 with a reference range of 0.450-4.500.

A1c is better test for blood glucose / insulin markers knight. i had it done.

C - reactive protein is huge as a overall inflammation marker in the body. my levels were quite low which was great. stan efferding rates these two tests very high in importance in his blood work rant video on utube. check that out if u havent seen it.

i did a top end sports hormone panel in the UK which tested it all including stuff like magnesium levels which is cool to know. also cortisol, DHEA.

I posted my labs here some time ago.

All the best mate.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

A1C baseline 12/2015 was 5.3. I didnt test for it the next 3 times.
The 4 tests I've done in the last 16months had my glucose at 95,83,95,and 98 respectively.

As I said, CRP was within range @ 2.32 baseline and 1.52 9 months later on a blast. It's been 7 months since I have tested it.

DHEA-s has been 145.8(baseline), 137.2(trt), 249.9(blast), and 167.8(trt).
138.5-475.2 is the ref range.

I know it's been mentioned otherwise on here...but it seems that the factor V leiden condition/test is not really a concern when taking Vitamin K.

key point in blood work is always - when do you get the blood pulled ?
I always go in hydrated and off training for 3 days and stop supplements at least 7 days in advance like creatine bromelain and any others I think that will affect blood values - obviously if I am getting vitamin D test I won't stop that, but baseline should always be on supplements or off depending on what you are looking for in the results and build the supplement profile from that baseline and get retested.

Many supplements we take lower Fibrinogen for example
Print Friendly

key point in blood work is always - when do you get the blood pulled ?
I always go in hydrated and off training for 3 days and stop supplements at least 7 days in advance like creatine bromelain and any others I think that will affect blood values - obviously if I am getting vitamin D test I won't stop that, but baseline should always be on supplements or off depending on what you are looking for in the results and build the supplement profile from that baseline and get retested.

Many supplements we take lower Fibrinogen for example
Print Friendly

That is cool that you do that, but don't you want to know what the stuff you take daily is doing to you, if you jump off the stuff you take daily maybe you will miss a red flag somewhere?

Just curious, I'd rather know if my supplements are having even a temporary negative effect on my liver values or blood or something like that...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws