YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Telmisartan & ARBs - More than just Blood Pressure?

armada

Registered
My blood pressure is usually in the normal range when blasting, but I've been looking into using telmisartan or another ARB for its cardioprotective benefits.

I've read studies demonstrating that telmisartan and other ARBs are beneficial to the heart beyond their ability to lower blood pressure. Reversing cardiac tissue fibrosis beyond what other blood pressure lowering medications were able to.

My question is, does anyone have first hand experience with using an ARB like telmisartan with already normal blood pressure? What were the side effects (if any)? Is it easy to become hypotensive when using the medication with an already normal blood pressure?

Last edited:
My blood pressure is usually in the normal range when blasting, but I've been looking into using telmisartan or another ARB for its cardioprotective benefits.

I've read studies demonstrating that telmisartan and other ARBs are beneficial to the heart beyond their ability to lower blood pressure. Reversing cardiac tissue fibrosis beyond what other blood pressure lowering medications were able to.

My question is, does anyone have first hand experience with using an ARB like telmisartan with already normal blood pressure? What were the side effects (if any like)? Is it easy to become hypotensive when using the medication with an already normal blood pressure?

I believe gotgame uses one, and recommends it for AAS users.

I use an ACE inhibitor (lisinopril)

really thinking about switching over to Telmisartan once I run out.

there are some really good threads on Telmisartan on this board

I use an ACE inhibitor (lisinopril)

really thinking about switching over to Telmisartan once I run out.

there are some really good threads on Telmisartan on this board

I found some threads with interesting studies, but not a whole lot of first hand experiences on how people felt on them side effect-wise - other than a user or two here or there.

I'm going back and forth between using 20mg and 40mg of telmisartan. Most of the studies seem to use 40mg, but I have no blood pressure issues and don't want to become hypotensive.

I found some threads with interesting studies, but not a whole lot of first hand experiences on how people felt on them side effect-wise - other than a user or two here or there.

I'm going back and forth between using 20mg and 40mg of telmisartan. Most of the studies seem to use 40mg, but I have no blood pressure issues and don't want to become hypotensive.

then up your dose of aas until you start having problems :cool:

I've been on it forever with no side effects. My blood pressure is normal - it's not going to cause low bp issues.

Yes in the states a script is required. Micardis has some alternative health benefits, I believe the data suggests an increase in insulin sensitivity as well as cardio protective biomatkers. Lisinopril is another great drug for its own reasons, dilation of the small blood vessels in the kidneys being one of them.

I personally recommend lisinopril as the first line of defense for aas users and have seen its efficacy in many adults using androgens. To that, I am also a believer in rotating medications from time to time, and have had personal success switching from lisinopril to micardis and back again over the course of a year.

Yes in the states a script is required. Micardis has some alternative health benefits, I believe the data suggests an increase in insulin sensitivity as well as cardio protective biomatkers. Lisinopril is another great drug for its own reasons, dilation of the small blood vessels in the kidneys being one of them.

I personally recommend lisinopril as the first line of defense for aas users and have seen its efficacy in many adults using androgens. To that, I am also a believer in rotating medications from time to time, and have had personal success switching from lisinopril to micardis and back again over the course of a year.

would there be any benefit of taking smaller amounts of both instead of 1 or other for the benefits?

would there be any benefit of taking smaller amounts of both instead of 1 or other for the benefits?

I suppose you could take something like 10-20mg of lisinopril and 40 mg of micardis one am and one pm. There's no contradiction and they are sometimes combined for use in diabetics . Lisinopril works well with a calcium channel blocker like amlopadine at low doses as well.

I forgot what it was like to NOT be on Telmisartan. It's been the new normal for me for 2 1/2 years now. You shouldn't "feel anything" on it. Most things that improve our health aren't things we are supposed to "feel." I'd take it if I were you. Haven't found any serious negative effect yet to advise otherwise.

I've been on telmisartan for awhile now. I saw acouple above statements say it won't cause low BP. You have to be careful with that statement. While I agree you will be fine on a 40mg dose. People that choose to take a higher amount need to be careful. When I took 80mg it dropped mine to 90/63( and I was experiencing low BP signs) So I just stay at 40mg now. ** At any dose I would recommend always checking your BP regularly. especially if you remove or add any drugs to your regimen.

I forgot what it was like to NOT be on Telmisartan. It's been the new normal for me for 2 1/2 years now. You shouldn't "feel anything" on it. Most things that improve our health aren't things we are supposed to "feel." I'd take it if I were you. Haven't found any serious negative effect yet to advise otherwise.

I agree with this. I can't tell I even take it. Except when I was taking to high of a dose.

I agree with this. I can't tell I even take it. Except when I was taking to high of a dose.

I saw a guy comment on facebook in Meadow's group the other say he dropped all supplements because he didn't notice anything. He then went on to say he never got bloodwork while on them. That fool actually judged health supplements based on whether he could feel them or not.

This is true. ACE's and ARB's are proven to improve heart function, especially in the setting of cardiomyopathy (decreased heart pumping efficiency). "Super supps" carry cardiomyopathy as a very common side effect, either from an enlarged (thickened) heart muscle or a dilated (stretched) heart muscle. Another class of drugs that improves this condition is Beta-Blockers like Metoprolol, Carvedilol, etc. (suffix- "-olol")

My question is, does anyone have first hand experience with using an ARB like telmisartan with already normal blood pressure? What were the side effects (if any)? Is it easy to become hypotensive when using the medication with an already normal blood pressure?

These drugs CAN and WILL lower blood pressure to unsafe levels in the setting of normal BP's. Always check BP at home with a reliable monitor, I'd say 2-3 times a day. This is the GOLD STANDARD easiest thing you could possibly do for your health.

A red flag would be dizziness, especially on standing from a lying or sitting position. This may/possibly be remedied by simple hydration. Another sign may be decreased or no urine output. "ACE" drugs would be discontinued IMMEDIATELY in the setting of decreased kidney function/urine output.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner