over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Questions for Mike Arnold about Ultimate Insulin Protocol

saudades

Registered
Questions are directed at Mike Arnold about his Ultimate Insulin Protocol, but anyone is free to answer.

Basically, the protocol (recently modified) calls for insulin pre workout taken with karbolyn and hydro-whey with leucine and creatine. I'm sure many combine this protocol with HGH considering the major growth that can potentially take place. The question is can you use IGF1-lr3 along with this protocol considering it acts on similar pathways to insulin? Would the IGF and insulin be competing for cell receptors? Would you get comparable growth using IGF instead of HGH along with this protocol or would you expect it to be more or less?

I've used insulin many times before but never in the way described in the protocol. It seems likely to unlock a lot of growth for me.

Throw in as many synthetic hormones as you can and there all gonna help and there all gonna do something.

Although I see igf preworkout as you just using it as an expensive sugar. Your igf levels are already gonna be cranked up from gh and insulin combined. I would use it after. Or even first thing in morning

It would be helpful. some can get away with the combo some can't. I have gone from 200 @8%. To 220 @ 10%. In 8 weeks. The 2% has come on in the last 2.5 weeks. I Should pull the plug but Knowing my self I'll keep pushing until I hit 11-12%. Then I'll bitch because I'm fucking fat. Run dnp and loose my gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions are directed at Mike Arnold about his Ultimate Insulin Protocol, but anyone is free to answer.

Basically, the protocol (recently modified) calls for insulin pre workout taken with karbolyn and hydro-whey with leucine and creatine. I'm sure many combine this protocol with HGH considering the major growth that can potentially take place. The question is can you use IGF1-lr3 along with this protocol considering it acts on similar pathways to insulin? Would the IGF and insulin be competing for cell receptors? Would you get comparable growth using IGF instead of HGH along with this protocol or would you expect it to be more or less?

I've used insulin many times before but never in the way described in the protocol. It seems likely to unlock a lot of growth for me.

I am not sure if you are referring to the original program I wrote out, but if so it was from many years ago. I've said many times since then that this was intended to be a "generic" protocol, which needs to be tinkered with in order to fit the individual's needs.

Furthermore, many of the supps used in the original protocol are outdated now, but once something is posted online...it stays there forever....and people often don't know if it was written 10 years ago or 10 months ago.

Basically, I was advising pre-workout use. At the time I was pushing pre-workout use, most people were advising post-workout use (even the top coaches). Since then most people have changed their mind and have transitioned over to pre-workout use. It has become "the norm" these days...and considered to be the single best time to administer insulin (because it is).

Regarding the use of IGF-1 LR3, if you are going to use it, I would advise doing so about 2 hours post-training.

Last edited:
Throw in as many synthetic hormones as you can and there all gonna help and there all gonna do something.

Although I see igf preworkout as you just using it as an expensive sugar. Your igf levels are already gonna be cranked up from gh and insulin combined. I would use it after. Or even first thing in morning

I should have explained better.. I meant using IGF in place of HGH, not using both.

I am not sure if you are referring to the original program I wrote out, but if so it was from many years ago. I've said many times since then that this was intended to be a "generic" protocol, which needs to be tinkered with in order to fit the individual's needs.

Furthermore, many of the supps used in the original protocol are outdated now, but once something is posted online...it stays there forever....and people often don't know if it was written 10 years ago or 10 months ago.

Basically, I was advising pre-workout use. At the time I was pushing pre-workout use, most people were advising post-workout use (even the top coaches). Since then most people have changed their mind and have transitioned over to pre-workout use. It has become "the norm" these days...and considered to be the single best time to administer insulin (because it is).

Regarding the use of IGF-1 LR3, if you are going to use it, I would advise doing so about 2 hours post-training.

Thanks for responding, Mike! The original program is what I first saw, then I saw your later update to it. I understand that I would need to fit it to my needs.

As I just clarified minute ago, I meant to use IGF in place of HGH since I wouldn't just want to gain fat. I'm guessing by your advice to use IGF 2 hrs post workout that it would indeed interfere with insulin's actions during this window if it was taken the same time as the insulin. Will it be enough to protect against gaining fat the same way HGH would providing the dosage is high enough?

Mike,

When would you take your IGF-1 on non-workout days?

Mikes Insulin Protocol

So, I ran slin about 5 years ago when information was has to find, i did Humulin R post workout then managed to get some novorapid and ran it post workout using granulated sugar and whey protein. I got pumped but nothing to write home about. Anyway I've decided to do it again and have got 5 pens of Novorapid. The guy i got it off is huge and does a pre workout jab and sips a shake intra workout which i have learned is the better way to do it.

I recently found Mike Arnolds latest insulin protocol:

30 minutes before workout
Inject 15 IU Humalog
60 grams Vitargo, Karbolyn (or similar).
20 grams of Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
4.5 grams GPLC.
5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.
2 grams vitamin C.
500 mg Potassium.

60 minutes later
20 grams Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate.
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes later
20 grams hydrolyzed protyein (whey, casein, or beef).

it says you should be just starting to take your last shake towards the end of your workout........

I only workout for 30 mins.....45 mins max so I would be on my way home before the second shake

I used to train push pull legs but found it was too long and draining plus my secondary muscle groups e.g. shoulders didnt get a fresh hit after my chest so i started doing:

Mon Chest
Tue Back
Wed Shoulders
Thurs Legs
Fri Arms

Hence 30 mins to 45 mins I'm done, so my question is how should I adjust the protocol to suit my workouts?

I'm 47 and have been training for 30 years, I can fry each body part in 30 to 45 mins and see no reason to spend 2 hours in the gym

I'm doing both the humalog and Lr3 preworkout. Have a shake of whey, banana, oats, egg whites preworkout. Sip on aminos and Gatorade intra. Solid food meal postworkout. Then I take my metformin after. So far so good.

I also take humalog in the AM upon waking with a shake of egg whites and whey no carbs. Take synthetine and my gear at the same time as well. It's a solid anabolic concoction I think.

I'm doing both the humalog and Lr3 preworkout. Have a shake of whey, banana, oats, egg whites preworkout. Sip on aminos and Gatorade intra. Solid food meal postworkout. Then I take my metformin after. So far so good.

I also take humalog in the AM upon waking with a shake of egg whites and whey no carbs. Take synthetine and my gear at the same time as well. It's a solid anabolic concoction I think.

What’s the idea behind taking the metformin after your post workout meal? Do you take 500mg?

I do the same with my humalog pre workout and then just take metformin before bed

i might use humalog again on days i train my calves

30g carbs pre, 30g post, 5iu log total (2.5 pre, 2.5 post)

Insulin can be great. You don't really need to overcomplicate things and add 15 supps in but they can assist matters. You can't really go wrong with pre workout slin at a sensible dose with an intra shake that is sipped slowly throughout your workout. Then a good post workout meal.

I would recommend fast acting slin. The main things I would recommend for your intra shake are protein (peptopro and/or eaa's), carbs (hbcd's or vitargo) and glutamine. Those 3 are all you need but there are other useful supps that can be added. The best example is probably synthetine but it is not essential by any means. The same for supps such as l citrulline, glycerol and taurine etc.

I prefer a constant supply of nutrients with small amounts sipped between sets as opposed to knocking back larger shakes every hour or so. If I were to add metformin on such a protocol it would be 500mg pre bed.

LR3 is great and one of my fav things to run. I would dose that pre workout or about 2 hours post workout (I tend to rotate each cycle). Another great time is pre bed. LR3 need to be used when already lean and with tonnes of carbs and protein for optimal results. Maybe even before a cheat meal pre bed and you will wake up like you would after a cheat in a lean state x3.

So, I ran slin about 5 years ago when information was has to find, i did Humulin R post workout then managed to get some novorapid and ran it post workout using granulated sugar and whey protein. I got pumped but nothing to write home about. Anyway I've decided to do it again and have got 5 pens of Novorapid. The guy i got it off is huge and does a pre workout jab and sips a shake intra workout which i have learned is the better way to do it.

I recently found Mike Arnolds latest insulin protocol:

30 minutes before workout
Inject 15 IU Humalog
20 grams of Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
4.5 grams GPLC.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.
2 grams vitamin C.
500 mg Potassium.

60 minutes later
20 grams Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate.
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes later
20 grams hydrolyzed protyein (whey, casein, or beef).

it says you should be just starting to take your last shake towards the end of your workout........

I only workout for 30 mins.....45 mins max so I would be on my way home before the second shake

I used to train push pull legs but found it was too long and draining plus my secondary muscle groups e.g. shoulders didnt get a fresh hit after my chest so i started doing:

Mon Chest
Tue Back
Wed Shoulders
Thurs Legs
Fri Arms

Hence 30 mins to 45 mins I'm done, so my question is how should I adjust the protocol to suit my workouts?

I'm 47 and have been training for 30 years, I can fry each body part in 30 to 45 mins and see no reason to spend 2 hours in the gym

Many often state insulin is useless if you don't train for a long time. I have posted it's best used for longer workouts but it's still useful for shorter workouts. Although if I were you on your plan I would probably just add about 5iu of your rapid slin and time it so it hits in just before you start training. Drink a basic intra shake loaded in aminos and some carbs and just make your workout count. Perhaps incorporate super or giant sets but that's not essential but what is important is you take minimal rest periods and work the muscles from a variety of angles. Then have a post workout meal.

You don't need to add 15 different things and just keep it very simple. Fast carbs and protein and 10g glutamine added to your shake. Dopn't be shy with the carb amount either just make it count by training hard. If you have never used rapid slin before start very low and up the dose by 1iu each time.

I've stated this before and will say it again. I posted that protocol many years ago....and it includes supps that are now outdated.

Furthermore, one doesn't have to use a bunch of supps with their slin in order to get good results. At the time I wrote that I was just thinking of all supps that might provide additional, beneficial effects--a type of "ultimate" workout-based protocol.

I do think that certain carbs (such as cyclic dextrins, Vitargo and Karbolyn) work very well when used with workout-based insulin. I really like them. I also think that hydrolyzed protections and/or are great too.

Personally, that's all I use now...along with certain basics, such as creatine.

What’s the idea behind taking the metformin after your post workout meal? Do you take 500mg?

I do the same with my humalog pre workout and then just take metformin before bed
1g sustained release metformin, for insulin sensitivity. Timing doesn't matter with SR, consistency does. I was taking the met before I started using the slin. I actually stopped the met couple nights ago cuz I was just told omeprazole renders it useless and I'm on that for GERD.

I've stated this before and will say it again. I posted that protocol many years ago....and it includes supps that are now outdated.

Furthermore, one doesn't have to use a bunch of supps with their slin in order to get good results. At the time I wrote that I was just thinking of all supps that might provide additional, beneficial effects--a type of "ultimate" workout-based protocol.

I do think that certain carbs (such as cyclic dextrins, Vitargo and Karbolyn) work very well when used with workout-based insulin. I really like them. I also think that hydrolyzed protections and/or are great too.

Personally, that's all I use now...along with certain basics, such as creatine.

Mike, what's the max dose of Humalog you have used pre-workout personally or on clients? Apart from Carb Powder, Hydrowhey, Glutamine, Creatine and Leucine, is there anything else basic essential I am missing out in the shakes?

Mike, what's the max dose of Humalog you have used pre-workout personally or on clients? Apart from Carb Powder, Hydrowhey, Glutamine, Creatine and Leucine, is there anything else basic essential I am missing out in the shakes?
Maybe a better question would be:

How many grams of carbs per kg of lean body weight do you recommend (Assuming 90 min intense training, short set breaks)? So what is the maximum you can ingest without spilling over into fat storage?

Then the subsequent question is: How much insulin can you take with that carb/amino intake in order to not go hypo? The answer depends on a million factors, so it will be different for each individual. The best way to figure out your individual number is to slowly build up the insulin until you notice mild symptoms of hypoglycemia. Also note that this number will change over time with length of usage, body fat, calories consumed etc.
A good starting point may be 1IU of insulin per 10g of carbs. From that, you increase the dose slowly until you reach your sweet spot.

20iu with 180g intra carbs? cmon bro..

20iu with 180g intra carbs? cmon bro..

No bro. I take it split in 3 shakes. 60-60-60. 30 mins Pre- 30 mins after starting workout and 3rd an hour later. Each shake with a gap of 1 hour to be exact.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828