over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Moderate Length Diuretic Use Protocol

swim15

Registered
This isn't anything crazy whatsoever but I also haven't seen many if any threads on the topic of using diuretics for extended periods (multiple days as opposed to a show) for shoots or something similar.

Recently did for a series of shoots to see how it worked and it was even better than expected. It was kinda last minute so I wasn't very lean, probably about 9% or so.

Used clen the week or so out which dropped some nice water and then used 12.5mg HCTZ 3x a day while keeping water intake high for four days.

Dried me out even better than I expected and dropped what appeared to be probably 3% body fat between that and the diuretic effect from the clen. Ended up looking pretty shredded actually.

Just thought I'd throw it up for those who were interested.

Didn't mess with sodium, just whatever I got from food and actually my diet was shit for the four days and couldn't do much about it.

A Friend of mine used a very well known coach and for the final week he ran a low dose diuretic (diazide I think) for 5 days prior to the show while steady increasing water intake. I think the idea is to force the body to process the water faster and faster so you dry out faster when the water is cut Friday.

I do something similar but just use extra vitamin C and dandilion root

A Friend of mine used a very well known coach and for the final week he ran a low dose diuretic (diazide I think) for 5 days prior to the show while steady increasing water intake. I think the idea is to force the body to process the water faster and faster so you dry out faster when the water is cut Friday.

I do something similar but just use extra vitamin C and dandilion root

How did your friend turn out result of doing that?

How did your friend turn out result of doing that?

Came in dry as a bone but he was very very lean two weeks out , you can slightly manipulate a higher body fat if you have your carb load and water protocol down pat but being lean in the key , the leaner you are the easier it is to "dry out"

Came in dry as a bone but he was very very lean two weeks out , you can slightly manipulate a higher body fat if you have your carb load and water protocol down pat but being lean in the key , the leaner you are the easier it is to "dry out"

I'm not a fan of directics. I did post this video sometime ago that i thought it was interesting. Not sure if you seen this one yet.[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRMnHv_85L8"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wRMnHv_85L8[/ame]

Last edited:
If you use small doses of diuretics without restricting water and minerals you will look better, this is great for a photo shoot, beach etc.

Lasix would be the best choice for this as you will get rid of both sodium and potassium, with a normal diet and small doses your levels of both one will stay normal.

If you use a potassium sparing diuretic without watching your potassium intake you could potentially get high potassium, but still very unlikely on small doses

Remember diuretics are very safe and are commonly prescribed for a variety of conditions. They only become dangerous when water/minerals are restricted.

Test, Gh etc all make you hold water and using small amounts of diuretics without water or mineral restriction works very well.

I can take 10mg lasix in the morning, keep drinking and eating like normal and by nighttime Ill look way drier but not dehydrated at all, only the subq water leaves since I'm drinking and eating.

But precontest protocols are different, this is just for generally looking better if you need to go to the beach while on test and gh etc

Last edited:
^that was my experience.

Dunno why it took me so long to try it like that - was kinda afraid I'd fuck it up and end up really flat but I ended up looking better than everyone else and not flat at all.

To keep electrolytes up what do you guys do on a cut. I know we all watch our sugars and sodium intake. Right now doing cut or not to replace my electrolytes I take one tea spoon of apple cider vinegar,filter water and a small pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt and I take a potassium pill with it. I also take the other supplements as well to get the rest of my minerals

To keep electrolytes up what do you guys do on a cut. I know we all watch our sugars and sodium intake. Right now doing cut or not to replace my electrolytes I take one tea spoon of apple cider vinegar,filter water and a small pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt and I take a potassium pill with it. I also take the other supplements as well to get the rest of my minerals

Put a bunch of salt on everything, no reason to restrict sodium.

Powerade Zero also good

Yea I don't do anything. Just eat and usually add Himalayan sea salt to most of my food if it's stuff that's been prepped at home

Last edited:
If you use small doses of diuretics without restricting water and minerals you will look better, this is great for a photo shoot, beach etc.

Lasix would be the best choice for this as you will get rid of both sodium and potassium, with a normal diet and small doses your levels of both one will stay normal.

If you use a potassium sparing diuretic without watching your potassium intake you could potentially get high potassium, but still very unlikely on small doses

Remember diuretics are very safe and are commonly prescribed for a variety of conditions. They only become dangerous when water/minerals are restricted.

Test, Gh etc all make you hold water and using small amounts of diuretics without water or mineral restriction works very well.

I can take 10mg lasix in the morning, keep drinking and eating like normal and by nighttime Ill look way drier but not dehydrated at all, only the subq water leaves since I'm drinking and eating.

But precontest protocols are different, this is just for generally looking better if you need to go to the beach while on test and gh etc

How would you time the lasix dose when you would go to the beach at noon, in the morning or night before? How was fullness and vacularity? Really want to try your protocol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you time the lasix dose when you would go to the beach at noon, in the morning or night before? How was fullness and vacularity? Really want to try your protocol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it at night the night before. Do not restrict water or food. You will not go flat or lose vasularity if you keep eating and drinking. Just stick to your normal diet, or as close as you can the day on the beach and make sure to stay hydrated.

You also will not get any rebound/bloat from this if you keep drinking and eating good

20mg is enough

Last edited:
Take it at night the night before. Do not restrict water or food. You will not go flat or lose vasularity if you keep eating and drinking. Just stick to your normal diet, or as close as you can the day on the beach and make sure to stay hydrated.

You also will not get any rebound/bloat from this if you keep drinking and eating good

20mg is enough

I'm not a big fan of lasix (I tried it in the past), but I know lots who are.

You make good points with keeping water and food the same though.

For such purpose (beach/photo shoot), you don't think 10mg would be enough? Years ago, I used 20mg and it dried me out quite a bit.

I'm not a big fan of lasix (I tried it in the past), but I know lots who are.

You make good points with keeping water and food the same though.

For such purpose (beach/photo shoot), you don't think 10mg would be enough? Years ago, I used 20mg and it dried me out quite a bit.

I prefer dyazide (HCTZ/Triamterene) for a show but lasix is good for general use because it gets rid of potassium and sodium. Lasix can be used for shows but it gets much more complicated having to manage both potassium and sodium or using addition drugs. Too easy to mess up with water restriction.

20mg lasix is the lowest prescribed dose and up to 80mg is prescribed. 20mg without restricting water will not make one dehydrated

I prefer dyazide (HCTZ/Triamterene) for a show but lasix is good for general use because it gets rid of potassium and sodium. Lasix can be used for shows but it gets much more complicated having to manage both potassium and sodium or using addition drugs. Too easy to mess up with water restriction.

20mg lasix is the lowest prescribed dose and up to 80mg is prescribed. 20mg without restricting water will not make one dehydrated

Lasix comes in liquid at 10mg. Have you tried it that way or only tabs?

Last edited:
Lasix comes in liquid at 10mg. Have you tried it that way or only tabs?

The liquid lasix is for injection, comes at 10/mg per ml but 20mg are still used at one dose, I've only used oral and oral is all that is needed for this purpose.

20mg is very safe

The recommended adult starting dose for treating edema is 40 mg to 80 mg. If a satisfactory result occurs within 6 hours, the dose may be decreased or kept the same. If edema continues longer than 6 hours, the dose may be increased by 20 mg to 40 mg.

The recommended adult daily dose of furosemide ranges from 20 mg to 200 mg. Once the effective single dose has been determined, it may be taken 1 to 3 times a day.

When treating hypertension (high blood pressure), the dose of furosemide starts at 20 mg to 40 mg twice a day. Doses of 40 mg twice a day are generally considered the maximum dose to treat high blood pressure. If blood pressure hasn't been reduced enough with this dose, other medications may be added to further reduce blood pressure.

The liquid lasix is for injection, comes at 10/mg per ml but 20mg are still used at one dose, I've only used oral and oral is all that is needed for this purpose.

20mg is very safe

The recommended adult starting dose for treating edema is 40 mg to 80 mg. If a satisfactory result occurs within 6 hours, the dose may be decreased or kept the same. If edema continues longer than 6 hours, the dose may be increased by 20 mg to 40 mg.

The recommended adult daily dose of furosemide ranges from 20 mg to 200 mg. Once the effective single dose has been determined, it may be taken 1 to 3 times a day.

When treating hypertension (high blood pressure), the dose of furosemide starts at 20 mg to 40 mg twice a day. Doses of 40 mg twice a day are generally considered the maximum dose to treat high blood pressure. If blood pressure hasn't been reduced enough with this dose, other medications may be added to further reduce blood pressure.
Worth a try in the future for me. Thanks for the info goal

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner