over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dusty Hanshaw 5 weeks out

he has def done the most you can with his genetics and physique.
edit: i currently weigh bout 60 lbs less than him and i think my hams are equal to his in that pose....
EDIT2: hopefully its water but usually you see more lines n strirations in the legs at 5 weeks out... they look very smooth. and smooth legs usually mean smooth back... nit picking here i guess....
-F2S

Last edited:
edit: i currently weigh bout 60 lbs less than him and i think my hams are equal to his in that pose....
EDIT2: hopefully its water but usually you see more lines n strirations in the legs at 5 weeks out... they look very smooth. and smooth legs usually mean smooth back... nit picking here i guess....
-F2S

I think Dusty's legs come in only a few weeks before, he genetically gets lean there once he's dieted down quite a bit.

It's pretty insane though that this guy went from competing at 220 something pounds with a pretty uneven physique to stepping on an IFBB pro stage at that size.

If you took his workethic, and combined it with some of the top pro genetics, he'd be dominating most pro shows. Unfortunately, the easier it comes some individuals, the harder it is for them to develop the workethic required to keep going further. One of the many reasons why Ronnie Coleman was so successful, had an insane workethic on top of some of the freakiest genetics on the planet.

Dusty lifts at my gym (should say I lift at his gym ;)). It's mind blowing seeing how thick he is in person. Never seen guys like dallas ramy or ronnie, but he's definitely up there with the biggest bodybuilders I've seen in person.

Also the craziest thing is that I've never seen someone work out as intense as Dusty every single workout. Those videos of him going all out and doing soul crushing sets of deads or leg presses aren't just for videos, he has that intensity every time I see him working out.

Wish him the best in his next comp.His intensity is unreal.Plus he is a genuinely good guy.Big and thick as fuk.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Dusty lifts at my gym (should say I lift at his gym ;)). It's mind blowing seeing how thick he is in person. Never seen guys like dallas ramy or ronnie, but he's definitely up there with the biggest bodybuilders I've seen in person.

Also the craziest thing is that I've never seen someone work out as intense as Dusty every single workout. Those videos of him going all out and doing soul crushing sets of deads or leg presses aren't just for videos, he has that intensity every time I see him working out.

No shit? I'm here in AZ and I've trained at the same gym as dusty a couple times. Small world. Matt Kafora trains at the EOS by me pretty often too. Dusty really is tank thick though. Front to back this guy is as thick as a coke machine

-F2S

his back is NEVER going to be a problem

Attachments

• Dusty1.jpg
    Dusty1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 891
EVER

Attachments

• dusty2.jpg
    dusty2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 925
See I really get geeked on people who accomplish something that their genetics show they shouldnt be able to accomplish.

Thats why when i see that video of Shelby Starnes getting interviewed after he won his pro card and how emotional he is....I get tears in my eyes every time i see that interview. That guy should not have made it and he WILLED himself to make it.

Same thing as Dusty....When Dusty hired me to train him this is what i got on the left...thats not pro material man. It is the pic the day before i started training him. He had done a show at 224lbs and got 5th in the heavyweights and this was him offseason. He was about 268lbs i think and I felt he was too smooth and had too much fat on him at that point in the offseason....so i dieted him down to an acceptable bodyfat and then we plotted out a plan to make him into a legit superheavyweight bodybuilder....270 280 290 300 and then 310lbs....and that made 224lbs onstage a distant memory. I made Dusty and virtually all my trainees send over their workouts every few weeks so i could look at them....this guy embraced what I was trying to do with progressive weights on key exercises like no tomorrow. Some of the weights he was using after a few years of DC training....were freaking insane...boggled my mind to be honest. We shot a photoshoot for Flex magazine a few years back and he is doing inclines with like 425 pounds for 13 reps rest paused....it was ridiculous. Just a human forklift.
The pic on the right is 3 years ago and he is even bigger now...but you can see how how hard he lifts changed a roly poly guy who doesnt look like he is going to make the pro ranks in 100 lifetimes....to a completely different person. That 224lbs onstage is now over 270lbs onstage.

I totally respect guys like Dusty and Shelby who while at a disadvantage attain something that people with tremendous genetic gifts cannot........ thru sheer willpower and grit

Attachments

• Dusty3.jpg
    Dusty3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 907
Last edited:
Dante,

Can you give us a rough idea of what Dusty's workout split is like? Or what you would recommend for someone at his level?

Obviously the focus is on progressive weights, but what about the weekly split?

Thanks, if you can answer.

He may never be a top tier pro but I'll always root for him. I respect his work ethic to grind to where he is now. I'd never pick apart someone's physique when I know they are leaving no stone unturned to improve it to its full potential.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

I think Dusty has a grainy dry look to his skin which is genetic, like Dorian. Not to say he doesn't work very hard to achieve that but I'm thinking of one pro right now who used live by me and who works with Aceto too and he will never have that look. Maybe Dusty doesn't have the bellies and shape of others but he has the skin :D

I think Dusty has a grainy dry look to his skin which is genetic, like Dorian. Not to say he doesn't work very hard to achieve that but I'm thinking of one pro right now who used live by me and who works with Aceto too and he will never have that look. Maybe Dusty doesn't have the bellies and shape of others but he has the skin :D

a lot of guys on this board have really thin skin.. you might be onto something.

in seriousness though, I doubt it's genetic. IMO, it's all about how much someone is willing to suffer.

anyone can get paper-thin skin if they are willing to work hard enough..

I'm a fan. Hope he does well.

I got to watch him train here in Vegas a few years ago. It was quite inspiring.

a lot of guys on this board have really thin skin.. you might be onto something.

in seriousness though, I doubt it's genetic. IMO, it's all about how much someone is willing to suffer.

anyone can get paper-thin skin if they are willing to work hard enough..

No no, skin texture is genetic. It's not even about how lean you are. Take Dorian, he had a look to his skin that no one else had. Though fat distribution is genetic too. Branch Warren's legs were striated like crazy but his back always looked fat. Wheeler never had an extremely striated ass, Priest never did either (was it a coincidence Lee complained about having to show the ass lol). Suffering more or longer diets would not have helped these guys much in these areas. How the skin sits on the muscle is very much genetic.

Aceto can give Sean Rhoden any type of diet he wants, his look wont ever be the same as Dusty for example.

Dante, I remeber you years ago talking about dusty over on intense muscle. It's been fun to keep tabs on him.

I love Dusty. He's the guy that everyone kinda roots for to do well. Works hard as hell and is blue collar bodybuilder just like JM.

that being said Dante, there's no way he's 270 on stage...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws