over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T amazon fire, Kodi

eaglecall

Registered
Anybody familiar with this? I see more and more people cancelling cable tv and using this. My big question is, can you stream live TV with it? I don't watch movies, I don't watch shows, I just watch news, science, history channels. If I can stream those live Im good.

I have it and didn't cancel my cable TV. It's not that great. I honestly haven't used it in a while. I use terrarium streamed from my phone to the fire stick to watch shows and movies.

Ive seen it on friends iPad and phone. You can indeed watch all the new movies HD, all TV shows, a lot of international channels, but it seems like thats all.

I HATE cable services. Im basically playing for 200+ channels and 98% of them are plain junk that Ive never even seen. If there was a system that can provide me only the channels that I watch, I would cancel cable in e heartbeat. Thats why Im wondering if this Kodi thing does that.

I know you can stream all live sports on it but I don't think you can stream actual cable channels. It's all just a storehouse for stuff that has already been broadcast. The best $70 I ever spent btw.

Anybody familiar with this? I see more and more people cancelling cable tv and using this. My big question is, can you stream live TV with it? I don't watch movies, I don't watch shows, I just watch news, science, history channels. If I can stream those live Im good.

Yes there is a new build available and you can in fact watch live TV!!!

Related Question......
Ive had my "cracked" Amazon Fire Tv since December. I used Kodi to watch movies on a regular basis but 3days ago the box took a shit! Just stayed on the white Amazon logo for hours instead of booting up and loading all the content. WTF. I tried a bunch of stuff and even tried a hard reset but now it just flickers between white light and yellow light on the console.
Now what?

I have one and it's probably one of the best $40 investments I've made. To answer your question, yes.

You can watch live tv, literally any channel include live sports like nba tv, nfl network, league pass, espn, premium channels live and regular cable channels. Movies and streaming tv as well of course.

just need to download the aps or skin that'll provide the options for live tv (different from the ones that stream movies and tv).

Think most people that aren't super impressed with it don't keep up on the updates and reinstall or set up a vpn on their network which can make it run slower.

Stay away from builds - ccloud tv app is a great live tv app for kodi. Sports devil as well.

Just download kodi- add the tvaddons repo and they are all there to add. Builds are too clunky for the stick imo. All my tvs have a stick or fire tv and we are canceling calble when the contract is up. Love my kodi

Rep for mygearguru

Visit mygearguru.com for discounts on all your aas and hgh needs!

How is the picture quality?

I'm a quality fanatic. Lots of of the different streaming devices vary in their PQ. Even PQ varies among cable providers, due to video compression methods.

:eek:
If that's the case I'll get into it right now and get one!!!
I don't even care about paying fee for canceling cable before contract is up. FUCK 'EM!!!!!

How is the picture quality?

I'm a quality fanatic. Lots of of the different streaming devices vary in their PQ. Even PQ varies among cable providers, due to video compression methods.

Varies from crap to 4K - definitely have to make some sacrifices but beats 200/month for cable

Rep for mygearguru

Visit mygearguru.com for discounts on all your aas and hgh needs!

Its great. I killed the cable a while ago..best decision ever.

I actually just set up a second one for the bedroom this afternoon...I see no real need for cable tv with these because even if you have to wait one extra day you can see any of those shows that are on the premium networks...Any of the live events (fights, sports, bootlegs, etc) can all be seen on kodi/exodus/sportsdevil.

I'm even more happy with having them today after finally seeing a way to get vudu on them (which I downloaded and tested today and worked perfect)...I have over 1100 movies on vudu and the only time the tv is ever really on when not watching a live event is before bed and I usually run vudu.

So with vudu, kodi and netflix all on one stick why would you need anything from cable?!

edit: The one I set up today is the new version and does have live tv, under apps/featured.

Last edited:
Where are you guys buying this? I'm not very computer savy and don't want to try downloading it myself. So just buy a firestick with kodi and plug it in? Does it update on its own?

Where are you guys buying this? I'm not very computer savy and don't want to try downloading it myself. So just buy a firestick with kodi and plug it in? Does it update on its own?

You buy the Amazon firestick from Amazon

Then you have to download certain things and install from your comp to the firestick:

How to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV Stick: 3 ways to download XBMC to your Fire Stick | Expert Reviews

Then, like I did with vudu, exodus, sportsdevil, etc...You just google 'vudu on the firestick' and see what comes up.

Which build bro? Please share.

Never can remember the names of them but I started out using them but ended up liking the kodi a lot better just downloading the apps I want to use.

Just found the builds slowed down the download speeds and was a much more cumbersome process to update to the newest versions of Kodi.

Staying up to date on the updates and running a vpn has always kept things running super quick in high def. I never could do that as well with any of the builds.

You can buy ones off the bay that have it installed for like $100 which is crazy considering a fire stick is $40 and installing kodi is so simple.

Just type in installing kodi to a fire stick on google and there are so many tutorials. Youtube has them as well.

Don't need to be computer savvy at all to do it, it's super easy. And yes you will need to update it from time to time (again very easy to do).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity