YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Help a brotha out. Catching up lagging body parts.

jozifp103

Registered
Asking 4 a friend.

Ok fine it's for me.

Stats:
6 feet
225lbs
12%bf

So I got these big old boulder shoulders. I'd say they're easily my strongest, most developed body part. HOWEVER it makes my arms look small. I mean I have 18" arms which isn't pathetic, but my bowling ball shoulders make them look like tooth picks.

I'd like to hear some success stories on bringing up your lagging body parts.

What did you do?

-train them more?
-train them less?
-more reps?
-more weight?
-yell at them to grow?
-threaten them?

Let's hear some success stories. Gotta get these arms up.

Thanks in advance.

wt7ypl.jpg

For some people, arms only grow if whole body grows, so you'd have to increase food, AAS and poundages and maybe stop training shoulders for a while to see if they simply keep size.

But try this:

Mon

Do 50-100mg TNT 1 hour prior to training.
- 10 sets of weighted dips
- 10 sets of close grip push-ups, use a weighted vest if available.

Wed

TNT 1 hour prior to training.
- 10 sets of weighted neutral grip pull-ups.
- 10 sets of inverted rows with a bench.

Fri

- 5 sets of cable rope overhead triceps extension
- 5 sets of weighted bench dips, feet on a bench.
- 5 sets of barbell curls
- 5 sets of concentrated curls

Sat

- Legs

Drop how much weight you use, slow the reps down, get a solid contraction.... eccentric and concentric... lagging bodyparts in my experience are almost always related to the "mind muscle connection" with that given bodypart... isolate, focus.. increase weight once you've gotten better..

Chest/bicep (lots close grip bench/Dips)
Legs
Back/shoulders (lots of chin ups, and pressing for shoulders
Off
Arms
Light legs
Off

This hits the biceps and triceps 3x a week but indirectly 2x so enough time for recovery

Or you could just hit them EOD, rotating through pump day, rest pause/eccentric, power days. And sprinkle other body parts in the week as needed

Last edited:
Asking 4 a friend.

Ok fine it's for me.

Stats:
6 feet
225lbs
12%bf

So I got these big old boulder shoulders. I'd say they're easily my strongest, most developed body part. HOWEVER it makes my arms look small. I mean I have 18" arms which isn't pathetic, but my bowling ball shoulders make them look like tooth picks.

What did you do?

-train them more?
-train them less?
-more reps?
-more weight?
-yell at them to grow?
-threaten them?

Thanks in advance.

wt7ypl.jpg

You got to see how your body responds to each type of training. You can always get a coach but at least pay attention to your body will be the first start. Take pictures along the way

Asking 4 a friend.

Ok fine it's for me.

Stats:
6 feet
225lbs
12%bf

What did you do?

-train them more?
-train them less?
-more reps?
-more weight?
-yell at them to grow?
-threaten them?

Thanks in advance.

wt7ypl.jpg

Ive brought up my calves this year and backed off on my back.

Still work your strong bodyparts but dont much as much intensity into them. Train your weak bodyparts with all out intensity , Hit type training, but not to the point of injury. Ive trained too high intensity in my mid to late twenties and hurt myself bad so there is such a thing as too much hit. Yelling helps sometimes when your under a shit ton of weight and heart rate is up, , blood pressure.

you can go through cycles as well as train the body part (s) your wanting to bring up with balls out training for 8-10 weeks , then your still be training them hard afterwards like a race car driver , you dont want to slow down.

There are certain times its beneficial to not go balls out training and rest your body up. Good luck bringing up your weak points, we all have them.

Run a big boy cycle and push big boy calories while only training your lagging bodypart.

For some people, arms only grow if whole body grows, so you'd have to increase food, AAS and poundages and maybe stop training shoulders for a while to see if they simply keep size.

But try this:

Mon

Do 50-100mg TNT 1 hour prior to training.
- 10 sets of weighted dips
- 10 sets of close grip push-ups, use a weighted vest if available.

Wed

- 10 sets of weighted neutral grip pull-ups.
- 10 sets of inverted rows with a bench.

Fri

- 5 sets of cable rope overhead triceps extension
- 5 sets of weighted bench dips, feet on a bench.
- 5 sets of barbell curls
- 5 sets of concentrated curls

Sat

- Legs
Love the TNE idea. I've used a shit ton ot TNE in the past and just recently Tren base now that PSL carries it. TNE is a definite quick mass builder for sure, I don't care what anyone says. Of course I gotta get the food in but with no change in diet or training I blew up quick when I added TNE into my regimen, even just once a day pre workout. And tren base....scary stuff...but awesome.
Super setting bis and tris always worked for me.
Yes, I'm hearing a lot of suggestions on super-setting and no rest sets being very beneficial for arm growth. Something I've actually never considered before. I've always been a pretty standard 3-5 sets and a minute or two in between.
Drop how much weight you use, slow the reps down, get a solid contraction.... eccentric and concentric... lagging bodyparts in my experience are almost always related to the "mind muscle connection" with that given bodypart... isolate, focus.. increase weight once you've gotten better..
Yes I've learned that in the past. Part of the reason my arms (particularly biceps) lag a bit is because for so long I've thought that heavy was the way to go for bis. Turns out I wasn't getting proper contraction and squeeze in my reps. It proved less than effective. I still like to go as heavy as I can but only heavy enough so I can still use proper form and get a good squeeze.
Chest/bicep (lots close grip bench/Dips)
Legs
Back/shoulders (lots of chin ups, and pressing for shoulders
Off
Arms
Light legs
Off

This hits the biceps and triceps 3x a week but indirectly 2x so enough time for recovery

Or you could just hit them EOD, rotating through pump day, rest pause/eccentric, power days. And sprinkle other body parts in the week as needed
Yes, another technique I've tried and am currently trying. I do a heavy arm day on monday 5-8 reps....then friday I do a low weight/high rep pump day. I call it a "feed" day. Pumping blood and nutrients into the muscle. It's early, but we'll see how it pans out.
Run a big boy cycle and push big boy calories while only training your lagging bodypart.
lol why didn't I think of that? you mean 500mg of test and 2500 calories a day isn't enough? ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear