over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT/ Drag Racing

Fit2Serve

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I went to a local small Dragway to check it out.

i think I'm in love:love:

Any of you guys into the sport?
I have never been a gear head. I did have a 1966 289 V8 mustang as my first car. Grew up riding dirt bikes and had a street bike til i got married. Just was never into cars. I am now i think... i LOVE going fast and competing... This could be a fun way to do both...
any thoughts or experience appreciated!
-F2S

I used to have a Mazda 1300 with a 13B turbo motor, put in a manualised auto gearbox. Best time was 11.6 off the foot brake. I had a transbrake in the gearbox but didnt hook it up and use it.

Got marries and had to buy a house so the toy was sold. Was really good fun though, doing nearly 120mph in a car built in 1975 got the adrenaline pumping

I built a 1991 mustang to start racing about 7 years ago and then my daughter was born. I still have the car but it a garage queen. I never even took it to the track. It's nothing special just stock block 302,afr165 heads, tf stage 1 cam, cobra intake ported to match, vortec s-trim supercharger, astro performance t5 transmission, bullet proof rearend, full race suspension, methanol injection. She is a little over 500rwhp. I keep saying I'm going to take it to the track some day but that day hasn't come yet.

No lie, I worked for Joe Amato in the 80's. I was his promotions manager and would do all his shirts, newsletters and advertising. I was able to go see the best in the world for free.

No lie, I worked for Joe Amato in the 80's. I was his promotions manager and would do all his shirts, newsletters and advertising. I was able to go see the best in the world for free.

What a great job!

What a great job!

Joe Amato was a real down to earth guy. You would never know he was a multi millionaire by how he dressed. Most of the times in a t shirt and jeans. He was world top fuel champion when I worked for him.

Wasn't Don Youngblood into racing before BB? I remember that Lee Priest got into it for a few years.

That had to be a cool experience man.

Not a fan of drag racing per se, but a fan of cars and fast cars in general. I'm sure my opinion would change if I went to a track though... just another expensive hobby to get into and I have enough of those.

I love watching drags. Competing in them though? Don't know enough about the science and it would be $$$.

Any type of racing will make your pockets bleed. Just finished getting my race car ready for next season - $160k and counting.. :food-s;il

I love watching drags. Competing in them though? Don't know enough about the science and it would be $$$.

Any type of racing will make your pockets bleed. Just finished getting my race car ready for next season - $160k and counting.. :food-s;il
What type of racecar do you have that you have that much money in and don't compete.I know $160 in a drag car is easy to rack up even doing everything yourself.Just curious,I compete in Racing and have a shop also.

What type of racecar do you have that you have that much money in and don't compete.I know $160 in a drag car is easy to rack up even doing everything yourself.Just curious,I compete in Racing and have a shop also.
I meant not competing in drags.
I compete in circuit racing. Current car is a Lambo. Previous car was a GT2 LeMans car.

I meant not competing in drags.
I compete in circuit racing. Current car is a Lambo. Previous car was a GT2 LeMans car.
Cool very nice.Circuit Racing is fun but a lot of people don't really understand how technical it is.So I'm guessing you have $160 in mods to your Lambo.

Last edited:
dayum

I built a 1991 mustang to start racing about 7 years ago and then my daughter was born. I still have the car but it a garage queen. I never even took it to the track. It's nothing special just stock block 302,afr165 heads, tf stage 1 cam, cobra intake ported to match, vortec s-trim supercharger, astro performance t5 transmission, bullet proof rearend, full race suspension, methanol injection. She is a little over 500rwhp. I keep saying I'm going to take it to the track some day but that day hasn't come yet.

if you think about selling it lemme know....
-F2S

Fun until stuff starts to break down lol. Have friends who are always crying after a race and start complaining about how much it's going to cost to replace a blown rear end, engine, tranny etc. But it is sure fun to watch.

love drags... go almost every other friday with my son... if i had the money i would LOVE to get him a Jr Dragster, i saw an 9 year old girl driving one the other nite....

use to have 3 FD RX7s at various levels of build... 1st one was ~470rwhp, 2nd was ~580rwhp with a single turbo... last one was a full out dragster with swapped 347, PG, 8.8 rear, min tubs, caged, Fast ecu, 88mm t6 turbo, etc... was suppose to make ~11-1200... company in St Louis ripped me off and went out of business in middle of the last build calling bankruptcy...

its just never ending money pits... shit breaks soo often dragging,... If i was ever going to get into it again, id just buy a beat up Mustang and do it probably big block on spray

that circuit racing shit is just as expensive..my sons moms family owned Porshe and Ferrari race teams... had AJ Foyt driving for them.. bigggg moneyyyy...

Last edited:
Fun until stuff starts to break down lol. Have friends who are always crying after a race and start complaining about how much it's going to cost to replace a blown rear end, engine, tranny etc. But it is sure fun to watch.
It's like on anything if you don't have the the money to lose don't spend it.Except this is on racing.Just the Transmission In my Pro Mod basic cost $40k,Linko 4 speed.Rims $10k a piece on rear,front 8k.Very Expensive Sport to do but very fun.

supposed to go south and test this next tuesday on a build we did over the winter to get ready for 3 - 10k races coming up

I have been around racing my entire life I grew up with my dad racing 4 nights a week at local bracket tracks... but in my 34 years of age and the 30 years that I have been going to the one local track I swear I have NEVER seen it as busy as I did a few weeks ago when 2 of the guys from street outlaws show came!!! this place was literally PACKED!!! BEYOND IMAGINATION

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws