Let me qualify my back:
-Both parents and brother had L-5/S-1 herniated disc surgery-
-1980 L-5/S-1 herniated disc-no surgery-
-Periods of severe episodes of back pain through the 90's-2000's-
-Annulus Fibers Tears L-4-5-
-Ruptured Disc L5/S-1
-Spinal Stenosis - Laminectomy L-3-4-5/Laminotomy L-5/S-1 instead of a -fusion-
-Herniated L-3-4, 16 months post surgery-decided no new surgery

Having tried and been doing various eastern and western methodologies as part of my 'daily function program', and still waking up stiff as a board, with varied pain, with limited ROM, I happened across a new training for back pain, and dysfunction.

Recently, (3 months ago) I was introduced to 'Foundation Training'. Started doing parts of it everyday and my back strength, stability, and function improved by 90%. The improvement really impressed me, so much so that I went down to Santa Barbara to do the Teacher Training Certification.

Bottom line is that when I went there I told the instructors that due to my back situation and 3 hip replacements that I would not be able to do all the movements and exercises. They assured me to be patient and I would be able to do the whole body of work. Well, they were right. I completely surprised myself with what I accomplished, with no soreness, or increase in pain.

The focus is on the posterior muscle chain using your axial and appendicular skeleton. The 3 key concepts are:
-Decompression
-Hinging
-Integration

Straight up, 'Foundation Training' has really given me a quality of life that I have been missing for many, many years. In fact I was recently on Maui and went body surfing for the first time in 10 years. Waves were 3-5 feet. My back was strong and supple with no issues. I even surfed 7 out of 9 days.

There are free YouTube videos to follow.

Malama pono a hui ho,
Michael

Last edited:
Aloha Bruddhas,

Let me qualify my back:
-Both parents and brother had L-5/S-1 herniated disc surgery-
-1980 L-5/S-1 herniated disc-no surgery-
-Periods of severe episodes of back pain through the 90's-2000's-
-Annulus Fibers Tears L-4-5-
-Ruptured Disc L5/S-1
-Spinal Stenosis - Laminectomy L-3-4-5/Laminotomy L-5/S-1 instead of a -fusion-
-Herniated L-3-4, 16 months post surgery-decided no new surgery

Having tried and been doing various eastern and western methodologies as part of my 'daily function program', and still waking up stiff as a board, with varied pain, with limited ROM, I happened across a new training for back pain, and dysfunction.

Recently, (3 months ago) I was introduced to 'Foundation Training'. Started doing parts of it everyday and my back strength, stability, and function improved by 90%. The improvement really impressed me, so much so that I went down to Santa Barbara to do the Teacher Training Certification.

Bottom line is that when I went there I told the instructors that due to my back situation and 3 hip replacements that I would not be able to do all the movements and exercises. They assured me to be patient and I would be able to do the whole body of work. Well, they were right. I completely surprised myself with what I accomplished, with no soreness, or increase in pain.

The focus is on the posterior muscle chain using your axial and appendicular skeleton. The 3 key concepts are:
-Decompression
-Hinging
-Integration

Straight up, 'Foundation Training' has really given me a quality of life that I have been missing for many, many years. In fact I was recently on Maui and went body surfing for the first time in 10 years. Waves were 3-5 feet. My back was strong and supple with no issues. I even surfed 7 out of 9 days.

There are free YouTube videos to follow.

Malama pono a hui ho,
Michael
I'm in the same situation you were it. L-5/C-1 disc is pretty much gone. Bone on bone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm extremely lazy right now, can you post links to the YouTube instructional videos.

I'm in the same situation you were it. L-5/C-1 disc is pretty much gone. Bone on bone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You mean s1...L5-s1. If your back is bad from C-1 to L-5, that's your entire spine.

Seems like a common issue .. I find I have to use more machines when doing back and sit for bicep curls these days otherwise I have problems .. L5-S1. T10-T12 .. plus cervical issues ..
weighted pull-ups also out these days ..

Definitely interested in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foundation Training

Aloha Rex,

I went to YouTube and watched and did the various videos there. Then I ordered the CD and first book. I did the various FT movements sporadically, with some improvement.

I'm old school with specific habits of training and conditioning so I stopped the FT. I figured body weight exercises would not be able to really give me improvement in strength, function, and capacity, let alone lasting relief from pain. So I stopped doing it.

Like I said earlier about 3-4 months ago a colleague who has severe back issues went through the teacher training. So I decided to give it a go everyday, and that was things really started to change and improve.

I was fully on board and decided to get the teacher certification. Best investment I have ever made!!

A hui ho,
V

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member