over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What happened 1990-1991?!?!?!?

Dezzy

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
GH (which really wasn't abused that much, ask anybody how expensive GH was and how much of a "rich man" you were considered when you ran a few ius). Insulin. IGF (in some small circles)

90s saw a very big jump in talent and genetics in terms of bodybuilding, you had levrone, flex, dillet, jpf, SR...etc.

Better focus on training, and recovery.

And yes more gear. I'd still say it was the first time we saw a very rare and gifted group of individuals put their head down to try to win the Sandow.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I think the article was pretty clear and basically answered your question? Thanks anyway cause that was a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't 90-91 but it was 92-93.

Yates, as he said it himself numerous times, started using insulin. Then the same change happened to everyone else 93-94 as they all started using insulin plus the mental barrier of being that much larger was removed.

This is Yates 92-93-95:

Attachments

• yates.jpg
    yates.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,343
'92 was when Levrone achieved his best condition ever. He never duplicated it.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-00205.jpg
    vlcsnap-00205.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,383
//

Attachments

• vlcsnap-00169.jpg
    vlcsnap-00169.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,315
Nasser should have won in '97:

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,359
Great read. Being new to the bodybuilding, that really helped simplify the changes that happened. Thanks

It was Hot Stuff protein..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nasser should have won in '97:
x2

This and in 07 victor getting screwed over by Jay. Vic was so much better then Jay.

Big A what are your thoughts on Jay-Vic 07 episode mate ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

x2

This and in 07 victor getting screwed over by Jay. Vic was so much better then Jay.

Big A what are your thoughts on Jay-Vic 07 episode mate ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That was a travesty. Jay knew he lost it after prejudging, but somehow he went home with the trophy.

In that photo Nasser has Dorian on every body part.

Yates, as he said it himself numerous times, started using insulin. Then the same change happened to everyone else 93-94 as they all started using insulin plus the mental barrier of being that much larger was removed.

This is Yates 92-93-95:
This is the answer!!! Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GH (which really wasn't abused that much, ask anybody how expensive GH was and how much of a "rich man" you were considered when you ran a few ius). Insulin. IGF (in some small circles)

90s saw a very big jump in talent and genetics in terms of bodybuilding, you had levrone, flex, dillet, jpf, SR...etc.

Better focus on training, and recovery.

And yes more gear. I'd still say it was the first time we saw a very rare and gifted group of individuals put their head down to try to win the Sandow.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I am sorry but better focus on training and recovery :D Obviously those come into it (are everything) but people didn't get 20 pounds+ bigger because they all suddenly started training better etc. Yes the genetic pool was great then so that comes into it too. Drugs is pretty much your answer for this and if it happens again in the next 20 years it will be drugs again. I am not dismissing the importance of everything else merely stating the obvious.

Last edited:
I am sorry but better focus on training and recovery :D Obviously those come into it (are everything) but people didn't get 20 pounds+ bigger because they all suddenly started training better etc. Yes the genetic pool was great then so that comes into it too. Drugs is pretty much your answer for this and if it happens again in the next 20 years it will be drugs again. I am not dismissing the importance of everything else merely stating the obvious.

I agree. Nutrition and training isn't rocket science and I am pretty sure man has already tried just about every variation of each in the quest to improve their physique. Things have progressed but not enough to explain such a drastic evolution.

It isn't like the automobile. With the automobile it would be like taking a car and making it run faster times on the track without changing anything on the car. This would all be driver skill. Gains can be made but they are limited. Now take that same car and add a better suspension and a turbo charger and then you are really going to see faster times. The same driver will be able to lap faster with the same amount of skill. I think I would compare the skill of the driver to the training/nutrition/DNA and effort of a bodybuilder, and the improved parts (suspension/turbo etc) to drugs in bodybuilding.

This is Yates 92-93-95:
Big A Dorian is saying that he used it in 96 and 97 off-season. Never used it pre-contest as he though it interfered with his condition which is what he prides himself upon. He is saying it actually made his waist bigger and didn't help his look and his grainy condition.

He is NOT giving insulin any credit here from the sound of it.

https://youtu.be/3yQedQn7Ot4

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:
Big A Dorian is saying that he used it in 96 and 97 off-season. Never used it pre-contest as he though it interfered with his condition which is what he prides himself upon. He is saying it actually made his waist bigger and didn't help his look and his grainy condition.

He is NOT giving insulin any credit here from the sound of it.

https://youtu.be/3yQedQn7Ot4

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Yeah Yates said he tried insulin only way later. The ONLY reason he gives for the 92-93 gains is he didn't overdiet. He said he didn't really put on much muscle, only he didn't diet it off. People always asked and this was always his answer.
He often said there was basically no change in drugs, and the GH he used throughout his pro career so it wasn't that.

Is he honest? Who knows, Dorian was king in any case :D

'92 was when Levrone achieved his best condition ever. He never duplicated it.

Levrone said this condition was the result of not having used ANY gh yet. Once he hopped on gh he could never again duplicate it.

Was he honest? What do you think Big A?

Good discussion going on here. I love when Big A chimes in :headbang:

Yeah Yates said he tried insulin only way later. The ONLY reason he gives for the 92-93 gains is he didn't overdiet. He said he didn't really put on much muscle, only he didn't diet it off. People always asked and this was always his answer.
He often said there was basically no change in drugs, and the GH he used throughout his pro career so it wasn't that.

Is he honest? Who knows, Dorian was king in any case :D
I have never heard/read Dorian giving Insulin any credit.

True about the NOT over-dieting part. He did say that.

" In my pro career I never needed anyone to tell me how to diet , how to train but perhaps I could have done with someone to tell me in pre-contest mode, allright now that's enough you don't need to push anymore in the gym, you don't need to push diet that much. You can back off a little bit."

- Dorian Yates

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner