over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Graston technique PT

kandaandm

Registered
What's your take on breaking apart scar tissue using Graston during recovery of post surgery torn quad/tendons?

Just watched Evan centopani's road to recovery video today and he and his doc were talking about this. Seems to work very well, at least for him...

Just watched Evan centopani's road to recovery video today and he and his doc were talking about this. Seems to work very well, at least for him...

I just went to my first PT visit at new Physical Therapist. I had dual quad,tendon reattachment surgery 9 months ago.....I complained to him about the scar tissue and he used a graston technique on the area of both legs/knee's. It was his opinion that I would see good results from this technique in regards to breaking apart the scar tissue built up.

I will tell you that after one visit...when getting up and down from a seated position I felt less pressure in my knee areas.

I tore both rear delts about a year ago and the scar tissue was making it difficult to sleep and making it a pain in the dick for me to do certain exercises such as dumb bell presses etc. I decided to get the Graston technique done after doing some research and after 3 visits I no longer have issues..

I'm currently going through physical therapy and I've seen another guy a few
Times while I'm there that the therapist uses this method and the therapist swears by it and the patient said they were recovering very quickly

IASTM = Graston. Graston is just a trademarked name for a set of overpriced tools.

IASTM is great at breaking down scar tissue and causing localized inflammation. Had a partial tear on my medial hamstring (semimembranosus/tendinosis) and I've been getting at it weekly with some IASTM and my ROM has increased. I have Hawk Grips, a specific set of tools, but you can do it with anything, like the handle of a butter knife. Doesn't take a genius to figure out.

Can you really remove the scar tissue

Scar tissue is a crude network of connective tissue. Breaking it down and building it back reorganizes the fibers making the area become stronger and more vascular. I'm not sure Graston removes the tissue but it does make the tissue "better/stronger/less painful".

Its a fantastic technique, can be very painful. Effective at breaking down the network of fibers that have congested in an injured area. The tools used allow for greater precise pressure and scraping. Once the fibers are softened and broken down, they can heal in a better aligned formation. So, although you can't eliminate an area of injury, you can improve it, and prevent the fibrosity of the scar tissue from affecting surrounding areas. Keeps it contained, good blood flow to the area, maintains health and range of motion

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws