over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike matarazzo last interview

All members should listen to that.

He says his bloodwork was always good except having no HDLs for years. No stress test caught his problem until he had an angiogram.

Mike was a bodybuilder I really wished I had the chance to meet in person. I'm part of the younger crowd here at Pro-muscle; but pretty much EVERYONE talked good about Mike, and his father (both RIP).

I'm pretty sure Mike's heart condition was partly genetic, exasperated by gear use. There's a video of him at a pro seminar talking about how he was very uncomfortable doing the things needed the last few weeks and days leading up to a show.

i heard (heard) this was the guy who was 'wondering wtf he was doing to himself' in the hotel rooms before each contest.

Mike was a bodybuilder I really wished I had the chance to meet in person. I'm part of the younger crowd here at Pro-muscle; but pretty much EVERYONE talked good about Mike, and his father (both RIP).

I'm pretty sure Mike's heart condition was partly genetic, exasperated by gear use. There's a video of him at a pro seminar talking about how he was very uncomfortable doing the things needed the last few weeks and days leading up to a show.

I got to meet him in the early 90's when he was guest posing a a local bodybuilding show. Only talked with him for a few minutes, but he seemed like a really cool guy. I remember reading in an old BB mag him saying that on weekends his friends would go out and drink a few six-packs, and he would stay at home and eat a roast. Hindsight being 20/20, he might have been better off drinking the six packs and hanging with his friends....

great guy... met him many years ago, wicked nice guy... stayed and chatted for like a half hour... so tragic...

I have had numerous tell me they have no hdl hardly at all.. I panicked when my hdl went to 22.. Yet IVE heard from many guys who had hdl from 6 to 0 for many years.. Now put that with pounds of red meat a day ( like in mikes case) and what does one think would happen.. ? Mike , by all accounts, was a great guy.. But if you have a genetic predisposition ( his dead was gravely ill for a long time with heart related issues) pound gear ( many Orals) and eat pounds of red meat a day for over a decade with low to non existant hdl its a recipe for disaster..

When mike was young he was brought out to California for a photo shoot with one of the big names in the industry. After the shoot he was at the hotel waiting for the guy who brought him out to return and the guy never showed up. Mike said after while he realized he had been left stranded and had to call back home for money to try find a way back. With some time to kill he went to golds gym venice to train. While training Ed connors approached him and asked who he was and where he came from. After telling him his story Ed convinced him to stay making alot of promises based on Mike's potential. 6 months later Mike turned pro at USA.

Sad story of Mike, but true:(

I meet him when I first started lifting 20+ years or at least I think it was that long ago , was so long ago i can't remember was at a show with Lou Ferrigno
both pretty cool always liked Mike's Look , RIP

I was a fan of his back in the early 90's. Seemed like a good dude. He had freaky biceps and calves.

I have had numerous tell me they have no hdl hardly at all.. I panicked when my hdl went to 22.. Yet IVE heard from many guys who had hdl from 6 to 0 for many years.. Now put that with pounds of red meat a day ( like in mikes case) and what does one think would happen.. ? Mike , by all accounts, was a great guy.. But if you have a genetic predisposition ( his dead was gravely ill for a long time with heart related issues) pound gear ( many Orals) and eat pounds of red meat a day for over a decade with low to non existant hdl its a recipe for disaster..

Tbol and winny both had my HDL at 7-10. 10 HDL from winny at 50 mg a day before the tbol cycle. My Dr had me take a annual blood test while on tbol and test and the result was 7 HDL. This was on 50-
60 mg tbol a day and 500 mg test. Dr was shocked said he had never seen anyone with such a heart attack risk. High risk for heart attack was over 6 or so and I was 24!! I never touched and oral again. Many people get blood done after cycle and don't see the damage the cycle doses.

Dr asked what drugs I was on. I said none. I said give me 3 months to "change diet and lifestyle and I think it will be better." I dropped the tbol that day and dropped test to trt dose of 125mgs. Three months later HDL was up to 38....still low but trt causes that with adex.

There is much more to Cholesterol then ldl and total numbers. But HDL has been proven to be protective. And LDL particle results do tell the full story. Get an NMR Cholesterol particle test to get the whole picture.

PS: I could of paid for tbol and received winny as it is the cheaper raw. I was blown away that tbol would wreck lipids like winny does.

Last edited:
you must have good cholesterol in your veins brothers. As Mike stated in his interview, he ran totally clean 6 months of every year, but still lost in the end, he ignored the fact he was turning his arteries into cement with no lube in them. LABS BROTHERS and your HDL up at all costs!!!

Abdc what else should we be doing for hdl?

Abdc what else should we be doing for hdl?
Grass fed beef, omega 3 eggs, salmon, fish oil, NO orals, and no lipid crushing anabolics like tren or masteron.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Grass fed beef, omega 3 eggs, salmon, fish oil, NO orals, and no lipid crushing anabolics like tren or masteron.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I meant and lol.

Anyway, can't do eggs :(

I'd like to start using Krill oil

I than the obvious, why is red meat so bad for us

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5B7NNvgNEw"]Bodybuilder Mike Matarazzo talks about his fear days bevor the competition - YouTube[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws