over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Was just reading an article about the 30 worst food for your heart

Mini Truck

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
While whole grains can reduce your risk of dying of heart disease by nearly 20 percent but nutrient-stripped refined grains have the opposite effect on your health. In fact, in one study of more than 350,00 people, those who ate the most white rice were at greatest risk for type 2 diabetes—can't say we're too shocked. Bottom line: Stick with whole grains to ward off the disease.

I'm not completely agreeing here, so no personal attacks, but.........????

-MT

Chinese people are rice all day and I don't think they have a high rate of diabetes.

Chinese people are rice all day and I don't think they have a high rate of diabetes.

^This.

All the people ive ever known that were diabetics weren't white rice eaters. They drank soda all day..cookies, candies, sweets etc. Etc.

Diabetes comes from insane amounts of refined sugar. This is proven. Most people that have diabetes eat tons of junk food. It's a proven fact.

I personally take these things with a grain of salt. It is the diet as a whole, not one or two food sources, that dictates whether is one at risk of developing these diseases. For example, if you consume nothing but high GI carbs and have no fiber in the diet to slow down to absorption rate, then yes it will eventually cause issues. If you have a meal of white rice with broccoli or another fibrous veggie, and a solid protein source, the insulin spike will be less severe. Add a decent fat source to that meal and the effect is blunted further.

My opinion: All things in moderation. Even ice cream. Wait, let me reword that... especially ice cream[/b ] :D

I think the people saying you must avoid even whole grains are a bit too extreme. There are still positive benefits of whole grains and I don't think they need to be avoided at all. I've never seemed to have a problem with them. Sugars on the other hand...I stay away. Haven't had sweets in two years.

White rice, white bread get into your blood stream just as fast as sugar. Whole grains are unprocessed and are not ground up yet which makes them digest very fast.

As mentioned above processed carbs digest much quicker than they would otherwise with the addition of their natural fibers. One of the worlds leading nutrition experts and endocrinologists studied Asian populations and found little metabolic disease, the difference is they eat carbs but wth little fat.

Combining both increases the incidence of metabolic disease exponentially. Not to mention inactivity, sugars etc.

These kinds of articles are geared towRds the normal population. Guys in our neck of the woods have a much greater propensity to store and utilize glucose in the muscle vs elsewhere . Fat, liver etc..

Being fat (eating excess calories) is unhealthy, increased risk of type two diabetes etc., regardless of where the cals come from for the most part.

Who will be healthier, a person eating 2000cals from white rice daily or a person eating 4500 cals from sweet potatoes and quinoa (oversimplified), obviously the person eating excess calories (even though they are from "healthy foods") will be at a greater risk for type 2 diabetes and everything that goes along with it

If you read the studies on white rice and diabetes, you will see that there is a correlation between the two. However, correlation does not equal causation.

We all eat Basmati rice here, and I don't think that is too processed. Does anyone know for sure?

Just my experience, that's all.

I've been a type 1 diabetic almost my entire life.

If I eat white rice with cod and veggies my BS spikes from normal ranges to
high 200's, so of course I have to does more slin to compensate.
And for me more slin = more BF. This I'm certain about.

And my total daily insulin intake is between 25-30iu's total.

I can eat the exact same meal, only with brown rice and my blood sugar stays very stable.

Is there a possibility that the non diabetic's pancreas automatically releases
insulin without your awareness?

If you eat lots of rice as a carb source, and are stuck with an undesirable
BF levels, maybe make the switch and see what happens?

-MT

that being said....

we hardly ever use ANY rice as carb sources....

:cool:

Really? We eat rice as the main food for our lunch and dinner, but it seems good to our health.

Everyone talks abut sugar, sugar, sugar as the cause for diabetes. Cakes/cookies shit like that increase your risk because of the unhealthy fats and the sugar. People seem to forget that unhealthy fats reduce insulin sensativity.

Everyone talks abut sugar, sugar, sugar as the cause for diabetes. Cakes/cookies shit like that increase your risk because of the unhealthy fats and the sugar. People seem to forget that unhealthy fats reduce insulin sensativity.

Which is why I always avoid sweets altogether. No exceptions. No looking back. It's beyond worth it.

I'd rather my cheat meals come in the form of buffalo wings, burgers, etc which aren't completely empty calories.

Which is why I always avoid sweets altogether. No exceptions. No looking back. It's beyond worth it.

I'd rather my cheat meals come in the form of buffalo wings, burgers, etc which aren't completely empty calories.

I'll echo that man.

That's the best way to go about it imo. I have bad junk food cravings so i try to pick my junk food meticulously. I eat no sugar added ice cream/potatoe chips with avacado oil instead of crappy vegetable oils used in 99% of chips.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity