over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Leg day critique

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've lost a lot of leg mass due to my battle with cancer. Id like to get them big and beefy again. Let me know what you think (let's just focus on quads)
I'll be doing leg day twice a week, one day will be heavy while the other is light.
Also, hacks are murder on my knees. I also feel like my feet are gonna explode from the front of my shoes ha!

Monday (heavy-4 sets/ at least 8 or to failure)

Leg extentions
Squats
vertical leg press
45 degree leg press

Thursday (light-4 set/ at least 20 reps)

Leg extentions
Squats (pendulum machine)
vertical leg press
one legged press

Looks good. I do something similar. I will go a week 8 to failure and then a week of high volume.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

how old are you.....???

it just doesn't look like you are going to
enjoy that routine for very long....

and how do hacks hurt...???
and reg squats are ok..???

that sounds backwards to me

Is that 16 sets to failure? Each workout?

Do legs only once per week, if you are doing a quality workout there is no way you can do legs twice, the "light" day is pointless

Do legs only once per week, if you are doing a quality workout there is no way you can do legs twice, the "light" day is pointless

light day....or high volume day...???

volume days are TREMENDOUSLY benefical....

basically a full on pump cant hardly walk to the car leg day..

how old are you.....???

Same with me squats knees are fine don't even wrap never have ,hacks even one plate I feel my knees ,wrapping helps but still probably not good for them

I've lost a lot of leg mass due to my battle with cancer. Id like to get them big and beefy again. Let me know what you think (let's just focus on quads)
I'll be doing leg day twice a week, one day will be heavy while the other is light.
Also, hacks are murder on my knees. I also feel like my feet are gonna explode from the front of my shoes ha!

Monday (heavy-4 sets/ at least 8 or to failure)

Leg extentions
Squats
vertical leg press
45 degree leg press

Thursday (light-4 set/ at least 20 reps)

Leg extentions
Squats (pendulum machine)
vertical leg press
one legged press

I guess we also need to see what else you are doing on those days. Meaning you want to focus on quads but how many sets are you doing for hams, glutes, calves etc? Or is most of your leg workout focused on quads? Do you train quads first/last in a leg workout?

Have you played about with foot position and form with hack squats? How do you set yourself up? Are your feet high/low wide/close etc? Do your knees go over your feet when coming down? Do you push up through the ball of your feet, toes, heel etc?

There are other important factors than just what exercises you do on paper. Although lookign at things it looks good to me and I don't see anything wrong with it but the other factors could make it wrong for you.

One thing I don't generally recommend to someone with knee issues is leg extensions first and going heavy on them. If you want to go heavy with them have them last. Perhaps going heavy on them is contributing to your future issues in the workout. Just a few thoughts but would have to see you in the gym to actually know.

Last edited:
I guess we also need to see what else you are doing on those days. Meaning you want to focus on quads but how many sets are you doing for hams, glutes, calves etc? Or is most of your leg workout focused on quads? Do you train quads first/last in a leg workout?

Have you played about with foot position and form with hack squats? How do you set yourself up? Are your feet high/low wide/close etc? Do your knees go over your feet when coming down? Do you push up through the ball of your feet, toes, heel etc?

There are other important factors than just what exercises you do on paper. Although lookign at things it looks good to me and I don't see anything wrong with it but the other factors could make it wrong for you.

One thing I don't generally recommend to someone with knee issues is leg extensions first and going heavy on them. If you want to go heavy with them have them last. Perhaps going heavy on them is contributing to your future issues in the workout. Just a few thoughts but would have to see you in the gym to actually know.

I do Hams and calves on a separate day. I also do glutes with quads. I do rope and barbell hip thrusts and machine kick backs.

As far as hacks I've played around with all the stances. I pushed from balls of feet.
For what ever reason they hurt. This true squat machine is much worse.
I was to get more alkaline to help with. But I need to do more research.
Also i seem to need leg extentions for a avoid knee issues.

how old are you.....???

32. Eventually I'll just do two high volume days and maintain.
And idk, squats don't bother me. That pendulum squat machine I mention is pretty amazing to.

32. Eventually I'll just do two high volume days and maintain.
And idk, squats don't bother me. That pendulum squat machine I mention is pretty amazing to.

I would much rather see....2 high volume days.....

with 1 movement being compound(heavyish)....progressive, with RP...

not the same work out.....but same scheme..

:)

I would much rather see....2 high volume days.....

with 1 movement being compound(heavyish)....progressive, with RP...

not the same work out.....but same scheme..

:)

To not be confused do u mean for example, heavy squats and the rest high volume.

I do Hams and calves on a separate day. I also do glutes with quads. I do rope and barbell hip thrusts and machine kick backs.

As far as hacks I've played around with all the stances. I pushed from balls of feet.
For what ever reason they hurt. This true squat machine is much worse.
I was to get more alkaline to help with. But I need to do more research.
Also i seem to need leg extentions for a avoid knee issues.

Well if they hurt and it's an issue just don't do them. Or maybe just do them with lighter weight and higher reps to finish. You can get quite inventive with some db's and a platform or 2. It's a shame the squat machine is no good for you as that can be useful for many guys who have injury issues. Do you ever do any lunges or db step ups?

I have similar issues but with my back so I have to work around it. I currently train legs twice weekly with higher volume each day. In the past it was probably twice every 8-10 days but now I have included shoulders with chest so the set days are lower. I usually only do 1 working set for each quad exercise. Although that working set is very often rest paused, a drop set or 3 mini sets to failure with approx 10 secs between sets.

Well if they hurt and it's an issue just don't do them. Or maybe just do them with lighter weight and higher reps to finish. You can get quite inventive with some db's and a platform or 2. It's a shame the squat machine is no good for you as that can be useful for many guys who have injury issues. Do you ever do any lunges or db step ups?

I have similar issues but with my back so I have to work around it. I currently train legs twice weekly with higher volume each day. In the past it was probably twice every 8-10 days but now I have included shoulders with chest so the set days are lower. I usually only do 1 working set for each quad exercise. Although that working set is very often rest paused, a drop set or 3 mini sets to failure with approx 10 secs between sets.

I do walking lunges last. Step ups no way.
I have an odd split. I do quads and biceps.
For some reason I feel good/better if I do an upper bodypart before I hit my quads

I do walking lunges last. Step ups no way.
I have an odd split. I do quads and biceps.
For some reason I feel good/better if I do an upper bodypart before I hit my quads

That's normal to me so we do the same sort of stuff. I usually do 2-5 body parts each day. I did have 1 leg day then I would train hams with maybe back and quads with another upper body muscle. It's only very recently I have been doing 3 set days but nothing is written in stone.

You sound like you know exactly what to do you just have to be careful with your knees. Sorry to hear about the cancer and I don't know the details/therapy but maybe that is having (or had) an effect on your body. I used to have bad knees and now they are fine but quite a few drugs can dry me out and they will come back at times when using those drugs. Have you had blood work done recently showing estrogen etc?

Maybe look into some healing peptides and see if they help as I know many who say they have worked wonders when it came to injuries (knees, shoulders, back etc). Although as you know this is training related but those other factors could contribute too.

I wouldnt go heavy on leg extensions personally, especially first in the workout. I would rather do them last "heavy" or fresh on high volume days. I personally think many knee injuries are caused by going very heavy fresh on leg extensions.

To not be confused do u mean for example, heavy squats and the rest high volume.

heavyish.....progressively....with a rest pause set or 2

That's normal to me so we do the same sort of stuff. I usually do 2-5 body parts each day. I did have 1 leg day then I would train hams with maybe back and quads with another upper body muscle. It's only very recently I have been doing 3 set days but nothing is written in stone.

You sound like you know exactly what to do you just have to be careful with your knees. Sorry to hear about the cancer and I don't know the details/therapy but maybe that is having (or had) an effect on your body. I used to have bad knees and now they are fine but quite a few drugs can dry me out and they will come back at times when using those drugs. Have you had blood work done recently showing estrogen etc?

Maybe look into some healing peptides and see if they help as I know many who say they have worked wonders when it came to injuries (knees, shoulders, back etc). Although as you know this is training related but those other factors could contribute too.

The word doesn't come up. I meant healing pep tides such as BPC-157 and TB-500. I am trying out TB-500 right now and the general recovery from it is incredible. BPC I would inject into your knees.

The word doesn't come up. I meant healing pep tides such as BPC-157 and TB-500. I am trying out TB-500 right now and the general recovery from it is incredible. BPC I would inject into your knees.

Don't u site inject.

Don't u site inject.

I site inject relatively small amounts of syntherol on/off. With TB-500 I have been putting it in my delts and use it more for systematic recovery. If I were using BPC I would get my gf to inject my lower back. I have never used BPC but have friends who say it can do wonders. Of course both can be site injected too but I don't see the need.

I had brain freeze though as if you currently have cancer I would stay away from any pep tides so forget I mentioned them. You don't want to risk anything and I hope you recover fast.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131