over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Family men & woman

cheloz28

Registered
How do you stay in shape when you have little ones around? I'd like to hear from the members who have children and still mange to workout and look great.

I just had my first one a few months ago, I love it but I have very limited time to do anything let alone hit the gym. It seems that as soon as I get home from work I'm relieving the old lady from her duties and helping out with putting him to sleep. My little one doesn't go down easy so it can take up all my evening.

I'm not in great shape but I'd like stay away from having that Dadbod and the more time I spend away from the iron the less motivated I am.

Anyways I'd like to hear from some of you and how you mange to balance it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to do whatever is convenient. So if I'm at home I know I can go on a jog, body weight exercises, if I had more free weights then I could get most everything in. It's very difficult to get to the gym when you have young ones. My 5 year old isn't a problem, but my 1 1/2 year old requires a lot of attention. There are a lot of times I have to come straight home to relieve the wife from the madness the kids create. You many have to wake up early in the morning and try to hit the gym before the family wakes up if your set in getting in there. It's not the most convenient, but it's better than without it.

Day 1 - Deads and pull ups
Day 2 - Squats and dips

15/20 minutes total in the gym. Maybe during your lunch break or whenever you can. Once you get home, you're fucked.

Don't you have some passion fruit extract in the States that you give to kids so they sleep earlier?

Home Gym? Thats what I did.

Im struggling with this right now. Couple gym workouts a week..also try and eat as best i can most of the time.

Intermittent fasting helps alot!

Low dose gear and GH are game changers

I try to do whatever is convenient. So if I'm at home I know I can go on a jog, body weight exercises, if I had more free weights then I could get most everything in. It's very difficult to get to the gym when you have young ones. My 5 year old isn't a problem, but my 1 1/2 year old requires a lot of attention. There are a lot of times I have to come straight home to relieve the wife from the madness the kids create. You many have to wake up early in the morning and try to hit the gym before the family wakes up if your set in getting in there. It's not the most convenient, but it's better than without it.

I feel your pain brother! I have a 22 month old and a 6 month old :eek:

Dad of 4 chiming in. Easy answer for cardio is to take walks with the little one. Especially while the weather is still nice. Several benifits to this are the misses gets complete peace and quiet if she wants or she can tag along and get out of the house. Also a 1/2 hour or so walk just before bed might help calm kiddo down and make bed time easier. Then hit weights in the early AM. Switch to a 4 day rotation and schedule 2 of the days on your weekend that way mom doesn't freak out with being gone for an hour or 2. Thats only 2 days u would have to wake up early.

How do you stay in shape when you have little ones around? I'd like to hear from the members who have children and still mange to workout and look great.

I just had my first one a few months ago, I love it but I have very limited time to do anything let alone hit the gym. It seems that as soon as I get home from work I'm relieving the old lady from her duties and helping out with putting him to sleep. My little one doesn't go down easy so it can take up all my evening.

I'm not in great shape but I'd like stay away from having that Dadbod and the more time I spend away from the iron the less motivated I am.

Anyways I'd like to hear from some of you and how you mange to balance it out.

Pm me if you want..im starting to have this down as a science

It can be a challenge, I go odd my work schedule, some days I don't start until 10am so I'll go to the gym at 530 and be home by 730 right when my wife and son are getting up, other days I'm out around 4-430 so I squeeze in a workout before I pick my son up from daycare, on weekends my wife and I either take turns going to the gym or our parents will babysit so I'm usually able to make it to the gym 5-6 days a week, also I'm a truck driver who has 0-2 nights a week away from home and I still make it happen

Also you could find a gym that has a daycare service, there's one near me that's part of a sports center and it's $2 for 2 hours, I think the YMCA offers the same thing, that's another option

Ha! been there 20 years back... I got one of those running strollers, my baby son loved it! Also I started taking him to gym with me at 1 years old... I got to know the girls in the daycare area and got comfortable. It was good for both of us. He got socialized and, I stayed fit. He got to where he looked forward to my 45 minutes of HIT training.
Good luck

First off, enjoy the situation. Its ok to focus on the responsibility and the gym isnt going anywhere. Dont stress over your physique as you will return to where you want to be.

You can still workout at home. I do and still get great workouts. Also, i train efficiently. In and out of the gym when I go. Mark Dugal rings a bell as a pro who would go to the gym with his kids and ran a produce business. It can be done.

Youtube videos, hit style workouts, body weight exercises and recouperative yoga type workouts are things that come to mind. Some times a change of pace can let nagging injuries heal too.

Good luck buddy and good question.

Before y kids came along I was getting to the gym 6 days a week. 5 years and two kidslater and I'm there 4 days. I've managed to maintain and even improve my physique by maximizing my time at the gym and being more efficient with my training splits. The real battle for me was the diet. Eating clean is still a weekly battle with me so I try to meal prep for the week on sunday night. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't :banghead:

Best of luck to ya brother!

First congrats on the baby man! For me i found the best was to aim for 3 to 4 days a week and try to go in before you go to work then 1 day on weekend is plenty. Goodluck with getting into a routine

Early training sessions. I wake at :345am. Its the only way that works with the wife and I's dailly schedule while juggling the little one.

Thanks for all the tips. It's funny how you walk out the hospital and there's no manual that comes with these little ones.

I'll definitely try to get a routine where I go in the morning before kid and wife wake up at least 2 a week and go on the weekend. Going to try and take him for walks, he's not a fan of the stroller or car seat....hoping he changes that soon.

You do what's best for your family and the little one. You come second. If you want it to work you'll find a way. It's tough but doable. You may not be 100% but it's priorities. Plus your not a pro BB getting paid to do this so just do what you can when you can. Who knows this opportunity might come only once so take advantage of it. Children are awesome even though they can make you feel like your going to pull your hair out. They teach us so much and we think we're the ones teaching them

My wife works out first thing in the AM. I prefer lunchtime and evening workouts. We both understand the stress relief that a good workout provides.

Last edited:
Yep! My girls grew up in the gym.... one headphone in one off so i could hear when my babies needed diaper changed. :p

Set up in the basement until he was 2. Than I started back in the gym with 530 am workouts. You just need to find 30- 45 minutes for yourself a couple times a week. Yes family comes first but the doesn't mean you have to give up who you are.

I head to the gym before work at around 4.30am when the family is asleep. That way you're not interfering with the daily duties and can come home straight from work.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Professional Muscle mobile app

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420