over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

No improvement at all in HDL with krill oil

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
4 Caps a day along with 6 Lovaza a day and not including almonds and other omega rich nuts LDL was 28 and still 28 4 months of krill oil.
I'll post the full panel later when I get it from the electronic record.

My HDLs have always been higher than my LDLs. I have not used AAS much for the past ten years but still. I do eat a ton of kale in smoothies every morning and have a huge salad most days. I attribute my diet to the high HDLs. I know its off your topic but I thought I'd share what I think works for me.

have you used any orals in the last 4 months? Including AI's? Saucewise what was used?

I've put this out there before, but for what it's worth here's my "stack" during a blast. 2-3 weeks after a blast i drop everything but the Krill as my HDL hovers at 40-42 and LDL under 100 while cruising. So i don't feel all this is needed while cruising.

Krill Oil: 6 grams a day (2g 3x/day with meals)
Citrus Bergmont: 1000mg AM
Pantethine: 450mg (2x a day with meals)
Beta Sisterol: 2 grams (1 gram 2x a day with meals)
BroccoMax 1 cap 2x a day
NOW Syntriniol 1cap 2x a day
Fiberlyze 1 scoop

Complete Results
Component Your Value Standard Range
Triglycerides 81 mg/dL 49 - 150 mg/dL
Cholesterol 193 mg/dL 120 - 200 mg/dL
HDL 28 mg/dL 40 - 59 mg/dL
LDL Calculated 149 mg/dL 40 - 100 mg/dL
VLDL Cholesterol Cal 16.2 mg/dL 12 - 47 mg/dL
Chol/HDL Ratio 6.9 1.0 - 4.5
Non-HDL Cholesterol 165 mg/dL 70 - 130 mg/dL
FASTING Yes

Last edited:
have you used any orals in the last 4 months? Including AI's? Saucewise what was used?

No orals, in over a decade no AI's ever , forgot taking Citrus Bergomot too and this as well https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-...p6FiLkD4ET3s2povBcc3KrHX8cm3GkCxoCIlYQAvD_BwE

Other than what we discussed I went back on IM injection s well below a gram a week for about 3 weeks, it still doesn't match up to it was 28 in october.....

I know you are familiar with this guy and I used to follow his blog Blow your HDL through the roof | Dr. William Davis
but shit I have tried everything super dark choc, organic grape juice and wine niaspan, maybe it's time to start ditching the grains....aging....shit I'd be dead if I was on heavy doses gh slin etc according to the bloodwork about.

How about asking your doctor to switch your Lovaza to Vascepa?

Get that hdl up my friend. After listening to that mike Matarazzo interview last week about his hdl being 0 for five years in his blood work and he ignored it, it made me realize how important keeping hdl above 40 is neccessary

have you tried 10 mgs sub-q trt per day ? If not try that until next blood work

have you tried niacin in the form of nicotinic acid?

Nicotinic acid or niacin, one of the water-soluble B vitamins, improves all lipoproteins when given in doses well above the vitamin requirement. Nicotinic acid lowers the total cholesterol, "bad" LDL-cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, while raising the "good" HDL-cholesterol level.

make sure your niacin form is nicotinic acid, this is the only form that truly helps . all other niacin forms may work but this one is for sure.

You thought it would go up taking supplements/meds that mostly work on triglycerides?? ummm..

However someone did mention vascepa. I would agree with that. I prefer that over lovaza always.

Cardio bro and lots of it. Keep carbs fairly low.

Not sure what gear you are on but supra levels of androgens have shown time and time again that they can prevent recovery of HDL and drop it. Its doesnt happen with everyone but ive seen tons of blood work from guys running "just" 500mg of test a week and their HDL really struggled to recover despite estrogen being ok and the rest in check. When they dropped it down to 150mg of test a week within a few months it came back up without changing anything else.

You can either ignore it or do what is needed to make the changes for your health. You should keep taking some of those supps/meds ( again i like vascepa) but dont expect meds that work mostly with triglycerides to increase your HDL while on cycle..

For those asking yes I fully expected krill oil to have some positive impact to my lipid profile - everything in my lifestyle is stable, other than a short time of doing injections IM for 3-4 weeks in May due to travel and family pretty much been on subq for several years now.
Cardio is HIT before every workout and walks daily
Diet is higher in carbs than it should be at my age and weight is up past it should be.
Never had an issue with triglycerides, was on the lovaza for other reasons we take it.
I will make some dietary changes and get blood pulled in 3 months.

How much are you weighing G? My numbers are similar and I tried everything to improve them. Citrus B, Krill oil, olive oil shots, grape juice, dark chocolate, 100% coca in my coffee, you name it. no real big change. I am over 40 and decided that I didn't need to weigh 260 pounds anymore no matter how clean my diet was or how i looked. Lost 30 pounds and my HDL went up 8 points and LDL dropped 60 in 6 months. Its overlooked on here because we are a bodybuilding board but when you get to a certain age, walking around at 250 plus even with a lot of muscle may not one the best thing for us.

4 Caps a day along with 6 Lovaza a day and not including almonds and other omega rich nuts LDL was 28 and still 28 4 months of krill oil.
I'll post the full panel later when I get it from the electronic record.

Hey G, have you tried adding MORE fiber to your diet? Maybe adding a drink like BeneFiber everyday? I've maintained a decent LDL counts while on this, plus it flushes my intestines out regular. Occasionally I try not to eat red meats for a couple days which helps. Plus I've added Salmon to my diet at least 2 to 3 times a week.

Last edited:
I would try to generate focus on microboime diversity, PPARa activators (there's a few natural methods) and my all-time favorite, areas of interest that increase the functionality of HDL. Look around the corner that opposes the aforementioned.

It's a give and take world, take what you will. Give with reason.

We're not a single cell organism, what works for me, may not work for you :)

My cholesterol total went from 243 down to 190, just taking 1000 MG of citrus bergamot a day with in 3 months. My numbers keep getting better with this and dropping carbs slightly.

My cholesterol total went from 243 down to 190, just taking 1000 MG of citrus bergamot a day with in 3 months. My numbers keep getting better with this and dropping carbs slightly.

papa pesty are u back from holidays ? Can u please double check that brand you taking mate. is that defo Jarrows?

What brand of krill oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would try to generate focus on microboime diversity, PPARa activators (there's a few natural methods) and my all-time favorite, areas of interest that increase the functionality of HDL. Look around the corner that opposes the aforementioned.

It's a give and take world, take what you will. Give with reason.

We're not a single cell organism, what works for me, may not work for you :)

Stevie- as far as "natural methods", are some of the things below you recommend and/or have researched? Care to spill the beans on any others?

Astralagus
Ginger
Curcumin
Resveratrol
Oregano
Cinnamon
Sulforaphane

Anyone have any real success with Cardarine (GW501516) in regards to correcting lipids?

Anyone have any real success with Cardarine (GW501516) in regards to correcting lipids?

I've used it on a cruise when normally my HDL is around 40-43. I had 2 tests with it 50+. My concern with it is the quality of what's out there. I don't like research chems at all and the other "brands" selling it as pills just aren't that reputable. The brand I was using when I had the high HDL was Primeval Labs.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131