YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Donating Blood Can Cut Heart Attack Risk By 75%!

warlock

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I thought some may find this video useful.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_4kt-pC7b4"]They Won't Tell You, But This Can Cut Heart Attack Risk By 75%! - YouTube[/ame]

I donate between every cycle...btw good video.

Last edited:
Didnt watch video but 75% is a very large number and I dont believe that. I believe that donating to keep HCT in check or to just be a helpful human being is good and its not without its own issues.

As discussed many times before its important to keep HCT in check and it can be dangerous both short and long term to have it elevated and donating will help reduce some risk but i wont go as far as to say 75%, Id say single digits for those who cycle but still important. .

I personally do double red and sometimes whole blood in between if I suspect my HCT may be creeping up due to external variables. i like my HCT between 44-48 but have been as high as 55 before.

Seems like genetics play a big part in how high your hct goes. Mines never gone over 50 and I've never donated

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

High iron levels can be bad for the arteries. so donating keeps that down as well.

You always seem either double red or whole blood. What's everyone go with and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You always seem either double red or whole blood. What's everyone go with and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double red. And I don't let them talk me into plasma..

I think I get a voicemail every 2 days asking me to come in.

Double red. And I don't let them talk me into plasma..

I think I get a voicemail every 2 days asking me to come in.

They call me every week about donating platelets. It's getting really annoying.

They call me every week about donating platelets. It's getting really annoying.

Yep. Best thing you can do is just go donate double red then I believe you have to wait 112 days before you can donate plasma. They stop calling for a bit at least(usually).

How long does it take for them to do double reds? I don't think ive ever done anything but whole blood.

Just got back from the hematologist

I go once every 2 months to have my hemoglobin checked. If it is 15 or more then they do a phlebotomy. Today I was lucky and somehow it was only 14.2. First time that has ever happened, being so low. Going to be another 2 months before I have to worry about it.

Donate every 60 days give or take a few days....been doing it for yrs

Yep. Best thing you can do is just go donate double red then I believe you have to wait 112 days before you can donate plasma. They stop calling for a bit at least(usually).

How long does it take for them to do double reds? I don't think ive ever done anything but whole blood.

My blood bank won't let me do double red because I don't have the right blood type they need for it. Remember there is an argument against its effectiveness since they return the plasma. Whole blood donations don't.

Just and FYI:

He goes into this about 2:30 into the video.

Seems to be referring to the studies in citation 11 and 12 in this follow-up:

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/103/1/52.full.pdf?download=true

Abstract

Background—In experimental animals, iron overload appears to promote atherosclerosis and ischemic myocardial damage, but the results of epidemiological studies that relate iron stores to risk of coronary heart disease (CHD) have been inconsistent.

Methods and Results—We prospectively studied blood donations, which effectively reduce body iron stores, in relation to the risk of CHD among participants in the Health Professionals Follow-up Study. The lifetime history of blood donation was assessed with a questionnaire in 1992. The 38 244 men who were free of diagnosed cardiovascular disease at that time were included in the analyses. During 4 years of follow-up, we documented 328 nonfatal myocardial infarctions and 131 coronary deaths. Although the number of lifetime blood donations was strongly associated with lower plasma ferritin levels in a subsample, the blood donation was not associated with risk of myocardial infarction or fatal CHD. The age-adjusted relative risk (RR) of myocardial infarction for men in the highest category of blood donations (≥30) compared with never donors was 1.2 (95% CI 0.8 to 1.8), and this RR was not materially changed after adjustment for several coronary risk factors. No significant associations were found between blood donation and the risk of myocardial infarction in analyses restricted to men with hypercholesterolemia or those who never used antioxidant supplements or aspirin.

Conclusions—The study results do not support the hypothesis that reduced body iron stores lower CHD risk.

----------------

If the mechanism of action here would be physiological - reduction of blood iron levels - this is controversial, I believe:

Nutrients | Free Full-Text | Iron: Protector or Risk Factor for Cardiovascular Disease? Still Controversial | HTML

------

The studies mentioned in the video - can't say which ones he's referring to - also seem to be retrospective. I.e., those who donate blood seem to have a lower CVD risk vs. the act of donating blood lowers CVD risk. :)

-S

Good stuff. I used to donate every two months. Now a bit less. I think once or twice a year is fine.

If you don't want to be on some donor list, or going through the Red Cross or all that nonsense and just want to dump some blood to keep HCT down, how does one do this? Put an ad on craigslist? To pay someone who maybe could help you do this and does it professionally? Is it illegal to just dump some blood for better health?

My HCT is currently running 48 and I was 44 baseline and would not mind bumping it back down.

If you don't want to be on some donor list, or going through the Red Cross or all that nonsense and just want to dump some blood to keep HCT down, how does one do this? Put an ad on craigslist? To pay someone who maybe could help you do this and does it professionally? Is it illegal to just dump some blood for better health?

My HCT is currently running 48 and I was 44 baseline and would not mind bumping it back down.

Don't give a phone number, I don't, simply say you don't have one. The "nonsense" takes about 5 minutes and is no big deal. I would not trust anyone you find on craigs list to do this and no one who is a responsible health care worker is going to do that for you on the side. :banghead:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws