YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Has bodybuilding really advanced in the last 20 yrs ?

Dantes....Ha ha ...nice to cross your path ....maybe we can meet up sometime....I am not out at clubs much [ Did do vanguard downtown a month or so ago with some friends and girls ....did the vip thing..was fun.lol] But I am older my friend and run my club my of the nights people go out ....But possible you could have seen me around for sure ....

Anyway , sorry to you are sick as well ....last summer I got it and it destroyed me ......I was in er twice and ICU once for 4 days ....I would cough all night to the point of throwing up and choking ......fevers all the time ....weak as hell .....Dr ....assumed I got it from work and it was from letting myself get ran down .....for most people it a 4-7 day deal and some recovery for a few weeks ......not for me ....I was wiped out ....it nearly ended my ass.........I rarely resist anything these days ......I am easy and accept what comes my way .....but the last few days has put me in a bad place ...I feel like shit and pray I don't get sick like before ....what will be will be ....take care of yourself .....bronchitis can get you and once you have it you are always susceptible to it coming back ........I hope you heal well ....and maybe some day we can meet up......feel free to pm anytime

Just got off a great conversation with aeliop and a made a minor adjustment....before laying back down i thought i d chime it to isaac and 1111 question as this is one i understand very well .....

The unrest or suffering you feel is the same of everyone else around you suffers but pretends doesnt exist .....it comes from incorrect perception ( all religions or yogas are meant to teach you correct perception ....yoga means union ....religion means reattach .....they are actually pointing you toward levels of consciousness not things to do or believe in ) .....your problem is you dont know who you really are and you feel seperate and alone in the world ( even when surrounded by friends and family ) .....we think we are our thoughts and the ego is manifestation of those thoughts that you really believe is you ......the is a collection of beliefs ..concepts ..and ideas that one identifies with themselves .....
The sad part it all a lie ....i can go in depth if people are interested.....but understand..
..the ego can never just be content ....it always is in the past or the present ....it thinks it is you and it dies when we live in the moment ...that why being content or at peace is so hard ....you ego thinks its you ....so it becomes very uneasy if you relax ...sit still or in silence ....lol

Why so many cultures and religions use meditatiion ( even certain drugs ) as a tool.to gain high levels of consciousness because it allows you to see truth ( you arent your career ,money , family ...ect ....even your body ..cuz you would still be you if you lost all things )meditation teachs you are no thing and when can experience that you will feel love ( not the transactional love we are taught ) and love teachs you that love is everything.......when you experience that you no longer feel.seperate and alone or frustated or angry .....you stop fighting world ...and you flow with it .....you see and feel how connected we are all to everything ....you longer need stuff or see things as gd or bad .....i could go on and on ...

That experience awaits all of us ....your mission as a human being is to become spiritual ( you can be an atheist and spirtual
..look into science and non duaulity ) ,to the truth ,and to positivity effect the world by taking responsibility for yourself ......

But to answer the question.....man suffers because he doesnt know who he is on the deepest level, he longs to feel whole and to be free , and looks for the outside to find what he is looking for .......i can help any one here if the really want it .....it isnt about in a religion or what i tell you to believe .....it is about learning experience the truth for yourselves.

I once thought if i got big pr strong enough my pain would lessen ...i thought if had alot of money and fucked all the hottest girls ...i would be content ....i thought if i had lots of close friends that would die for me that i d be fine .......i had all that and i wasnt ....why ? Because i thought .....lol .....finding peace is a journey inward ...it is about experiencing not knowing or believing .

I will end with this ....heaven isnt a place ,it is a level of consciousness it actually means harmony .....and hell means held back ....or seperated from .....hell is also a level of consciousness too ......unfortunately its is where most of spend our lives in .....division is always suffering.....we cling to relationships because they give us brief tastes of wholeness ee yern for ...but they are never the answer...as long as you cant experience the reality of what is.....you will chase more or better ...avoid pain and seek pleasure to avoid how you feel ..you will constantly need to be entertained and always find stillness scary ..
The great poet Rumi said ," why do you remain in prison when the door is wide open ?" He was pointing to the fact that people think they know reality instead they d be better off if they learned how to see ......gaining the freedom of correct perception is not easy .....society doesn't want you to be ....most people will never stay focussed or interested long enough to see what i m speaking on .....but you can if you open and determined

Jason, if you don't mind, I would like to hear more about your take on this.

This is a great thread

it is weird. when i was broke, struggling, i thought....if i only had an nice car, nice house... I would be happy.4 years later i have it all now....all that i thought i needed to be happy. i work from home most days...we have money in the bank, my health is good, wife is awesome....yet...success at work, the money...i feel more empty now than when I was struggling. maybe that is just human nature.

Just got off a great conversation with aeliop and a made a minor adjustment....before laying back down i thought i d chime it to isaac and 1111 question as this is one i understand very well .....

The unrest or suffering you feel is the same of everyone else around you suffers but pretends doesnt exist .....it comes from incorrect perception ( all religions or yogas are meant to teach you correct perception ....yoga means union ....religion means reattach .....they are actually pointing you toward levels of consciousness not things to do or believe in ) .....your problem is you dont know who you really are and you feel seperate and alone in the world ( even when surrounded by friends and family ) .....we think we are our thoughts and the ego is manifestation of those thoughts that you really believe is you ......the is a collection of beliefs ..concepts ..and ideas that one identifies with themselves .....
The sad part it all a lie ....i can go in depth if people are interested.....but understand....the ego can never just be content ....it always is in the past or the present ....it thinks it is you and it dies when we live in the moment ...that why being content or at peace is so hard ....you ego thinks its you ....so it becomes very uneasy if you relax ...sit still or in silence ....lol

Why so many cultures and religions use meditatiion ( even certain drugs ) as a tool.to gain high levels of consciousness because it allows you to see truth ( you arent your career ,money , family ...ect ....even your body ..cuz you would still be you if you lost all things )meditation teachs you are no thing and when can experience that you will feel love ( not the transactional love we are taught ) and love teachs you that love is everything.......when you experience that you no longer feel.seperate and alone or frustated or angry .....you stop fighting world ...and you flow with it .....you see and feel how connected we are all to everything ....you longer need stuff or see things as gd or bad .....i could go on and on ...

That experience awaits all of us ....your mission as a human being is to become spiritual ( you can be an atheist and spirtual
..look into science and non duaulity ) ,to the truth ,and to positivity effect the world by taking responsibility for yourself ......

But to answer the question.....man suffers because he doesnt know who he is on the deepest level, he longs to feel whole and to be free , and looks for the outside to find what he is looking for .......i can help any one here if the really want it .....it isnt about in a religion or what i tell you to believe .....it is about learning experience the truth for yourselves.

I once thought if i got big pr strong enough my pain would lessen ...i thought if had alot of money and fucked all the hottest girls ...i would be content ....i thought if i had lots of close friends that would die for me that i d be fine .......i had all that and i wasnt ....why ? Because i thought .....lol .....finding peace is a journey inward ...it is about experiencing not knowing or believing .

I will end with this ....heaven isnt a place ,it is a level of consciousness it actually means harmony .....and hell means held back ....or seperated from .....hell is also a level of consciousness too ......unfortunately its is where most of spend our lives in .....division is always suffering.....we cling to relationships because they give us brief tastes of wholeness ee yern for ...but they are never the answer...as long as you cant experience the reality of what is.....you will chase more or better ...avoid pain and seek pleasure to avoid how you feel ..you will constantly need to be entertained and always find stillness scary ..
The great poet Rumi said ," why do you remain in prison when the door is wide open ?" He was pointing to the fact that people think they know reality instead they d be better off if they learned how to see ......gaining the freedom of correct perception is not easy .....society doesn't want you to be ....most people will never stay focussed or interested long enough to see what i m speaking on .....but you can if you open and determined

It's kind of scary, because, similar to what Isaac was saying, you feel like once I have "XXX kind of physique," once I have "XXX amount of money in the bank", once I have "XXX kind of lifestyle," or once I accomplish "xxx goal" etc... THEN I'll be happy and fulfilled.

Obviously, some of us are starting to find out that that isn't exactly how it works..

The scariest thing, is to think about years down the road where you have been working your ass off and devoted your life to achieving all of your goals/dreams, then you finally achieve all of them-- only to find that you don't feel nearly as happy/fulfilled as you had always dreamed about.

Because it's not about making XXX amount of money... It's the way having XXX amount of money makes us feel..

The sad part it all a lie ....i can go in depth if people are interested.....but understand....the ego can never just be content ....it always is in the past or the present ....it thinks it is you and it dies when we live in the moment ...that why being content or at peace is so hard ....you ego thinks its you ....so it becomes very uneasy if you relax ...sit still or in silence ....lol Why so many cultures and religions use meditatiion ( even certain drugs ) as a tool.to gain high levels of consciousness because it allows you to see truth ( you arent your career ,money , family ...ect ....even your body ..cuz you would still be you if you lost all things )meditation teachs you are no thing and when can experience that you will feel love ( not the transactional love we are taught ) and love teachs you that love is everything.......when you experience that you no longer feel.seperate and alone or frustated or angry .....you stop fighting world ...and you flow with it .....you see and feel how connected we are all to everything ....you longer need stuff or see things as gd or bad .....i could go on and on ...

Yes, I have found this to be true with the very short amount of time I have spent meditating.

Jason, so basically is the thing we should be doing, just sitting there with our thoughts and accepting/letting the discomfort/anxiety pass?

8 years ago

When I first met Jason 8 years ago I was probably at the end of doing and being everything that I was supposed to be. I had an engineering degree, been an engineer with Lockheed Martin and Tupperware. I kept my hair short, wore Khakis, collared shirts, a 3500 dollar Omega watch, Dr Marten shoes, (I actually still wear Dr Martens for work just a damn good shoe), and I carried a laptop. Through the years I drove BMW's, Corvettes, Land Cruisers, Cadillac's, and a totally restored Jeep CJ7. At one time I had to have all of those rides but within a few months I was tired of all of them. I lived in a 3500 square foot, 6 Bedroom, 5 bathroom, 3 car garage, with a Pool, hot tub, screen enclosure in a highly desirable neighborhood in Winter Park, Florida. I paid over half a million dollars for the house with a down payment of 120 k. I had money in the bank, a 401 K, retirement, the whole kit and kapoodle. To top it off I had a pretty good looking wife and 3 good kids. I competed in NPC and also got some modeling jobs on the side. On the surface one would be lead to believe I lived the American dream and I had it all.

Well that wasn't the case. I was never really happy maybe even a little resentful for being who I was. Long story short I ultimately lost almost everything. The house, the money, the retirement, my wife left me and married someone else. I didn't lose the kids and that was important. I ended up in the summer of 2010 in a 1 bedroom apartment in Jacksonville Beach an absolute rock bottom wreck.

Thinking this was the end it really was only the beginning of a transformation and how I ended up at this point now.

To be continued .........

11111 .......if you could can go deeper into your questions then maybe I can answer you better................but meditation is a practice ......and like in any practice you will suck at it at first .......it takes consistent effort to learn to fight the fear of just sitting and being still and letting life be as it is ....In meditation , you are supposed to be a witness , watching mind race around , watching your breath , not focusing or judging anything ......you are just there witness all that is there .....you aren't visualizing anything [ that effect for other purposes but not in true meditation ] real meditation is like sleep but with a deep conscious awareness added .

Because you think you are these thoughts and this story of yourself an ego forms and this ego is the you that you imagine yourself to be .......the problem is you are not the ego as if you learn to pay attention , you can clearly see this . The ego is based out of memory ....it can't exist with out it .....but how could you be something based out of the past ? You are here now and the past doesn't exist ....You are not you brain .....your brain is a survival organ .....and when you let it run you like most of us have been taught .......then your life is at constant threat ....you must have more or better .....you are constantly comparing and conceptualizing .......ect......it just is plain tiring ........in fact most people are just plain exhausted ....spiritually and emotionally ......

When you try and meditate at first ....your mind and body will fight you hard ....you will be come uncomfortable fast, your mind will race , it will tell you are bored or uncomfortable .....this because the ego dies in true presence and it thinks it is you ......it is going to will extra hard to get you to stop and or move ......but that is all an illusion .....if you fight through it ....just witnessing it all you will see all I am saying ....just watch your breath and your mind....don't try and do or control anything .....just witness it all ...............if you are consistent .....I do it twice a day .....for gradually longer periods things change and you will see things differently ....then this is when you can go further and add other practices [ you can try to understand what ever religion you choose from consciousness level instead of a literal one ........and atheist's can check out science and non duality ......I believe you will all eventually shake hands anyway ....and how you get there is your own journey ] Start with just 7 min .......though out your day try and take min every hour where you just sit or stand with no attachments to thoughts .....no judgements .....just breathe and watch .....let everything be as it is ....follow that min , by picturing a found memory you had as a child for 1 min ......almost every one can find 2 min several times a day .....doing this lays a foundation to building a meditation practice

We live with these wild minds we have no control of and we think we are them .....but the truth is, you are a conscious human being, not an animal ....meditation teaches you to see just how not in control you are and helps you become more conscious ......Self control ....self effort , personal inquiry , learning to be content are the tools needed to be a decent human being ......bbing teaches you some of these things but it is a too low conscious level of focus to bring you home to the truth ...........

[ when you watch your mind .....you will see just how wild it is ...you have 4 billion thoughts a day .....you are only aware of maybe 50 to 60 k of them ....80% of them are negative and are the same shit over and over ....when I get here I will be happy .....if made this much money ....if I fucked this girl ....had this job ....was this built ect.......then I would be happy blah blah blah .....or it is don't trust people ...the world sucks ....people are lame......yada yada yada ....its all the same shit ......which is all crap .....none of this is true or will set you free ......mediation allows you to see you aren't what you think or have been lead to believe ......then personal inquiry leads you to answering your own questions in a place of truth not a set of ideals and beliefs .......I love people going I am an IFFB pro .....or a dr or an attorney ......I am a Harvard grad .....I make this much money ....I do this and this .....sorry it does impress me .....you were you before you were a pro and will be long after .....same with people with money or careers .......they define them selves by their ideals .....not reality .......The fact is ....you are entirely unique , infinite , and unknowable ....you can either embrace it and let into that or try and fit yourself into a little box thinking you know everything ......or can let go , give in , and enjoy the journey ......it's easy if you try .....

When I first met Jason 8 years ago I was probably at the end of doing and being everything that I was supposed to be. I had an engineering degree, been an engineer with Lockheed Martin and Tupperware. I kept my hair short, wore Khakis, collared shirts, a 3500 dollar Omega watch, Dr Marten shoes, (I actually still wear Dr Martens for work just a damn good shoe), and I carried a laptop. Through the years I drove BMW's, Corvettes, Land Cruisers, Cadillac's, and a totally restored Jeep CJ7. At one time I had to have all of those rides but within a few months I was tired of all of them. I lived in a 3500 square foot, 6 Bedroom, 5 bathroom, 3 car garage, with a Pool, hot tub, screen enclosure in a highly desirable neighborhood in Winter Park, Florida. I paid over half a million dollars for the house with a down payment of 120 k. I had money in the bank, a 401 K, retirement, the whole kit and kapoodle. To top it off I had a pretty good looking wife and 3 good kids. I competed in NPC and also got some modeling jobs on the side. On the surface one would be lead to believe I lived the American dream and I had it all.

Well that wasn't the case. I was never really happy maybe even a little resentful for being who I was. Long story short I ultimately lost almost everything. The house, the money, the retirement, my wife left me and married someone else. I didn't lose the kids and that was important. I ended up in the summer of 2010 in a 1 bedroom apartment in Jacksonville Beach an absolute rock bottom wreck.

Thinking this was the end it really was only the beginning of a transformation and how I ended up at this point now.

To be continued .........

Would really like to read the continuation of this.

11111 .......if you could can go deeper into your questions then maybe I can answer you better................but meditation is a practice ......and like in any practice you will suck at it at first .......it takes consistent effort to learn to fight the fear of just sitting and being still and letting life be as it is ....In meditation , you are supposed to be a witness , watching mind race around , watching your breath , not focusing or judging anything ......you are just there witness all that is there .....you aren't visualizing anything [ that effect for other purposes but not in true meditation ] real meditation is like sleep but with a deep conscious awareness added .

Because you think you are these thoughts and this story of yourself an ego forms and this ego is the you that you imagine yourself to be .......the problem is you are not the ego as if you learn to pay attention , you can clearly see this . The ego is based out of memory ....it can't exist with out it .....but how could you be something based out of the past ? You are here now and the past doesn't exist ....You are not you brain .....your brain is a survival organ .....and when you let it run you like most of us have been taught .......then your life is at constant threat ....you must have more or better .....you are constantly comparing and conceptualizing .......ect......it just is plain tiring ........in fact most people are just plain exhausted ....spiritually and emotionally ......

When you try and meditate at first ....your mind and body will fight you hard ....you will be come uncomfortable fast, your mind will race , it will tell you are bored or uncomfortable .....this because the ego dies in true presence and it thinks it is you ......it is going to will extra hard to get you to stop and or move ......but that is all an illusion .....if you fight through it ....just witnessing it all you will see all I am saying ....just watch your breath and your mind....don't try and do or control anything .....just witness it all ...............if you are consistent .....I do it twice a day .....for gradually longer periods things change and you will see things differently ....then this is when you can go further and add other practices [ you can try to understand what ever religion you choose from consciousness level instead of a literal one ........and atheist's can check out science and non duality ......I believe you will all eventually shake hands anyway ....and how you get there is your own journey ] Start with just 7 min .......though out your day try and take min every hour where you just sit or stand with no attachments to thoughts .....no judgements .....just breathe and watch .....let everything be as it is ....follow that min , by picturing a found memory you had as a child for 1 min ......almost every one can find 2 min several times a day .....doing this lays a foundation to building a meditation practice

We live with these wild minds we have no control of and we think we are them .....but the truth is, you are a conscious human being, not an animal ....meditation teaches you to see just how not in control you are and helps you become more conscious ......Self control ....self effort , personal inquiry , learning to be content are the tools needed to be a decent human being ......bbing teaches you some of these things but it is a too low conscious level of focus to bring you home to the truth ...........

[ when you watch your mind .....you will see just how wild it is ...you have 4 billion thoughts a day .....you are only aware of maybe 50 to 60 k of them ....80% of them are negative and are the same shit over and over ....when I get here I will be happy .....if made this much money ....if I fucked this girl ....had this job ....was this built ect.......then I would be happy blah blah blah .....or it is don't trust people ...the world sucks ....people are lame......yada yada yada ....its all the same shit ......which is all crap .....none of this is true or will set you free ......mediation allows you to see you aren't what you think or have been lead to believe ......then personal inquiry leads you to answering your own questions in a place of truth not a set of ideals and beliefs .......I love people going I am an IFFB pro .....or a dr or an attorney ......I am a Harvard grad .....I make this much money ....I do this and this .....sorry it does impress me .....you were you before you were a pro and will be long after .....same with people with money or careers .......they define them selves by their ideals .....not reality .......The fact is ....you are entirely unique , infinite , and unknowable ....you can either embrace it and let into that or try and fit yourself into a little box thinking you know everything ......or can let go , give in , and enjoy the journey ......it's easy if you try .....

I like the quote, "That is what you do. Thats not who you are."

Ks ..nice to have you share ....hope things are well ....great quote

I watched that video you had filmed on Memorial day. Out on the boat and then in town walking down the street. I am jealous! It looks like you have a really great lifestyle now. I am glad you found happiness. I remember back during the divorce when you were posting on here, how low you felt. You are a tough guy coming back the way you did.

it is weird. when i was broke, struggling, i thought....if i only had an nice car, nice house... I would be happy.4 years later i have it all now....all that i thought i needed to be happy. i work from home most days...we have money in the bank, my health is good, wife is awesome....yet...success at work, the money...i feel more empty now than when I was struggling. maybe that is just human nature.

Religion isnt allowed on this board but i recommend you look into that direction .

^^^^ This discussion has nothing to do with religion. It's about self realization.

Mr badman (☺),

Any thoughts on yoga for bodybuilders? I've added it to my regime on off days, 2 weeks of this stuff and I'm looser and ache free in a lot of places.

I think mobility and flexibility might be some very underrated concepts in bodybuilding; better movement means better range of motion with heavier weights and less injuries. Plus yoga has a great way of shutting your mind up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thinker ....lol ......yoga can be a tool .....of course ....but yoga is not meant to be done as a form of ecercise .....only here in the west would they completely destroy something beautiful in order to make money .....lol ....people here think yoga is getting them in shape .....it is sad than the instructors push the bs that they do

Yoga is a tool for self realization....the postures are only a small part of certain types of yoga ...they are meant to.bring you present and take you away from your busy mind....aline your energies ....and promote circulation and to improve digestion

That being said ....yes it can be a tool for bbers for those later reasons .....for sure .....yoga was actually meant to be done alone ....but being in a room with hot sweaty chicks isnt a bad thing i suppose ......i have not had a friend take a yoga class consistently and not get a date .....lol ......if you are enjoying it ....keep doing it ....it will also help you with meditation and lots of classes combine the too ........if you is uncomfortable or embarassing to a person .....just make sure you do flexabilty work to aide recovery and prevent certain injuries....hip mobility and flexor work the most important in my eyes

And Beast .....you made my day ....yes , i never speak on religion in the sense of what people believe or should .....i only point to how wonderful they all can be when used for self realization.......clearly ,you have done some work ......care to share ?that is topic that makes my heart glow .....

Quick update ...still feeling pretty destroyed ....i have been sleeping and hydrating a ton......i am going to try return to the gym.tues after work if i feel well enough....

I will get caught up on pms tbis week and get turned at bit back toward bbing then my friends.....hope everyone is healthy and happy ....peace

I watched that video you had filmed on Memorial day. Out on the boat and then in town walking down the street. I am jealous! It looks like you have a really great lifestyle now. I am glad you found happiness. I remember back during the divorce when you were posting on here, how low you felt. You are a tough guy coming back the way you did.

Thank you, it has definitely been a process and not an overnight thing. Those were some dark, painful days but important life lessons. They became pieces to the puzzle that I am trying to put together. I love it down here it really suits me. I appreciate everything about every day and try to take notice of everything that see, smell, feel, and hear.

Quick update ...still feeling pretty destroyed ....i have been sleeping and hydrating a ton......i am going to try return to the gym.tues after work if i feel well enough....

I will get caught up on pms tbis week and get turned at bit back toward bbing then my friends.....hope everyone is healthy and happy ....peace

Hope you feel better. Jeez I feel terrible bothering you sending you stupid pictures of Starfish...

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws