over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Caffeine withdrawal

ALLEX

Banned
Trying to get rid of coffee, but just one day and I get pounding headaches and need to get back to it.

Any of you did it? How was it?

Quit about 6 months ago for a couple months. Advil, aspirin 4 the first 4 days, after that it was not so bad, after a week just fine. I did use a cup of green tea in the morning off and on after a week or two. Off 4 about 2 months then a var run and coffee all day. Back to 4+ espresso a day.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I usually start stims/fat burners in March/April depending on how lean (or fat) I am. About this time of year (mid August) I cold turkey everything. The heachache for me will last about 7-10 days days and then disappears. The amount of caffeine I use is about 200mg before fasted cardio and then anywhere from 2-6 diet sodas during the day.

I have found that nothing really helps with the headache- I just deal wit in until it goes away. To help with mental acuity and focus I will use phenyl piracetam with Alpha GPC or else 200-400mg of Adrafinil.

Related to this, I also try to recharge my adrenals for about 4 weeks using the below. I think that helps overall feeling of well being and energy w/o the stims.

Schizandra
500mg 3x a day

Tyrosine
1500mg fasted AM

Rhodiola
450mg 3x a day

Ashwaghanda
500 3x a day

I'm trying to accomplish this as well... For me, it's been 2x 200mg caffeine pills per day, then coffee at work throughout the day. I eliminated the coffee intake. Next, I will cut my 2nd caffeine pill in half. Then cut the first one in half. Then I'll quarter them if I still need to taper further.

So I haven't toughed it out yet myself, but maybe consider a measureable caffeine source that you can taper down incrementally. Powder would be ideal.

Really, I'm just in for some feedback on how life got better without a caffeine habit, from someone who's kicked that habit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

how much were you drinking Allex..???

how much were you drinking Allex..???

Not much at all. Just a cup in the morning with milk to help with alertness.

I've never been a big fan of coffee. The taste doesn't really do it for me.

You get withdrawal from one cup a day? I don't think your symptoms will last long since your not pounding coffee all day long. Just stick with it for a couple of days and you will be in the clear.

When I stop drinking coffee for a period I get a slight headache for a day or two yet it seems to have an effect to my mood for a few days longer.

Are you sure it's from caffeine withdraws and not something else? Do you use preworkouts or other stims?

I drink 3-4 large cups per day probably 600mg caffeine daily and when I travel I usually wont have time for coffee and feel totally fine for 3-4 days with without any caffeine

Biggest problem for me was headaches when I tried to quit coffee. Try taking aspirin and drinking water with electrolytes; this helped me quit.

Substitute it with green tea, multiple times a day if you prefer.

And you can slowly wean off that too; although the health benefits of both coffee and green tea are pretty good to justify a cup a day.

;)

Green tea is the key.
I always have caffeine withdrawal after eca stack ran but after a few days I'm fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to get rid of coffee, but just one day and I get pounding headaches and need to get back to it.

Any of you did it? How was it?

Yep the headaches are terrible. It will last for approx 3 days. I came off coffee twice before and you just have to deal with it. Just take something for the headaches those 3 days and it will help (aleve or aspirin i used). I ended up back to coffee anyways. Just cant get away from it.

Don't try to quit cold turkey....titrate down.

That's very weird...headaches from one cup a day?? At that low amount I can't believe your having withdrawals. Most pre workouts have 200-300mg caffeine, plus other stims. I drink two Coke zeros a day, so 57mg a pop. That's as low as I can go. I have to have my Zero....I'm addicted lol

Are you sure it's from caffeine withdraws and not something else? Do you use preworkouts or other stims?

Yes, I'm positive. Don't use anything else.

I don't do well on stimulants. Until recently, I didn't use anything. A glass of coke in the afternoon and I have problem sleeping at night. Started coffee few years ago when I was doing stuff very early, but it gives me bad anxiety and stomach issues.

Ephedra or clen feel like death.

Maybe I'll try green tea and something for the headaches until they're gone.

You might be really sensitive to caffeine or have a low caffeine metabolism (this is individual). That fitness genes DNA test actually tests for caffeine metabolism/sensitivity

You might be really sensitive to caffeine or have a low caffeine metabolism (this is individual). That fitness genes DNA test actually tests for caffeine metabolism/sensitivity

Yup. Caffeine is metabolized in the body by the enzyme Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2). I did the DNA test a while back and found I have the variant of the gene that makes me a fast metabolizer of caffeine.

I get very irritable on stims... and cut caffeine down to a maximum of two products a day. Usually a cup of coffee and an amino drink that has some caffeine.

Best of luck to you, I could never ditch the big c

Im pretty much stuck in this mindset right now as well.

Makes it even more vital when youre working 60 + hours a week and have little ones in the house.

Sort of on topic..anyone here try that VPX Bang energy drink yet?

Stuff is awesome..like a better tasting monster drink with BCAA's, creatine, coQ10, electrolytes etc.

Ive been buying cases of the stuff, LOL

Yup. Caffeine is metabolized in the body by the enzyme Cytochrome P450 1A2 (CYP1A2). I did the DNA test a while back and found I have the variant of the gene that makes me a fast metabolizer of caffeine.

I get very irritable on stims... and cut caffeine down to a maximum of two products a day. Usually a cup of coffee and an amino drink that has some caffeine.

I am also a fast metabolizer of caffeine. It provides a huge advantage.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws