over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

List of British Pros since 1988

devenidas

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
One pro a year. that's it.

Obviously the 1988 winner destroyed the best of Americans & the rest of the worlds bbers in his reign..

Pretty cool stuff...

1503610202536.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

One pro a year. that's it.

Obviously the 1988 winner destroyed the best of Americans & the rest of the worlds bbers in his reign..

Pretty cool stuff...

View attachment 94253

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Destroyed..No. Beat yes. Bodybuilding is a highly qualitative sport and opinions reign supreme. Dorian certainly destroyed some, but definitely not all of the world's pros.

This is cool

There are afew more though, some brits travel aboard an do amature anorlds for pro cards or emerald cups shows

Shaun taverner comes to mind

Have you seen rob Taylor? He's doing an Arnold in a few weeks, could be a new British pro, he looks great

Attachments

• IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 171
Shaun Tavernier is a friend of mine.. good guy.. awesome competitor.. when he said he was leaving the ifbb for the newly formed PCA I was gutted.. I really thought he could take over after flex moved on.. but he is much happier where he is and after he explained himself as to why I understood..

We also have to remember how impressive a list of pros have been out of England based on its size.. can you imagine the state of Illinois throwing out that much of a high quality pro number? England is not a huge populous and have put out high quality dudes.. one of the largest guys I ever saw on person was Peter Elvis Brown many years ago.. and JD dawoudo.. many guys come out of Muscleworks Gym .. it's the Golds Venice of england.. that one gym has produced more great competitors per capita than almost any gym here.. and let me tell ya these guys train.. not that pumping c rap ya see here sometimes. Dorian had a great influence

No Charles Clairmonte? I think he was 1984, but a notable name.

Destroyed..No. Beat yes. Bodybuilding is a highly qualitative sport and opinions reign supreme. Dorian certainly destroyed some, but definitely not all of the world's pros.

ok so why did these pros not come out and ended Dorian's reign then ? I am sure they would have loved to if they could lol

lets hear some names of these pros you are talking about..

Dorian was the best bodybuilder for six years in a row in the world. Everyone worth their weight prepped every year to dethrone him but they could not/ did not and that is a FACT.

No Charles Clairmonte? I think he was 1984, but a notable name.

This is the list of guys who turned IFBB pros by virtue of winning UKBFF overall formerly known as English federation of bbers which had ties to IFBB so thate why dorian turned pro and competed in IFBB.

Charles competed in NABBA for a loooong time and then we won the world championship which got him IFBB pro status and then he made switch to IFBB. i think this is what happened. thats why you do not see his name on the list here although he is a British pro. This list only talk about english fedration/UKBFF.

Dorian was definitely dominant. I'm much older than many here and can tell ya all the pros knew back then they were training for second place.. the only one I believe beat d orian for a Olympia was Nasser one year.. Nasser shouikd have got that one.. but Nasser never pulled that good a physique again.. but it was close.. I think it was milos that said " no one is beating Dorian.. we need him to go away before it gets boring "..

Shaun Tavernier is a friend of mine.. good guy.. awesome competitor.. when he said he was leaving the ifbb for the newly formed PCA I was gutted.. I really thought he could take over after flex moved on.. but he is much happier where he is and after he explained himself as to why I understood..

We also have to remember how impressive a list of pros have been out of England based on its size.. can you imagine the state of Illinois throwing out that much of a high quality pro number? England is not a huge populous and have put out high quality dudes.. one of the largest guys I ever saw on person was Peter Elvis Brown many years ago.. and JD dawoudo.. many guys come out of Muscleworks Gym .. it's the Golds Venice of england.. that one gym has produced more great competitors per capita than almost any gym here.. and let me tell ya these guys train.. not that pumping c rap ya see here sometimes. Dorian had a great influence

Muscleworks in Bethnal Green is not far from where I live LATS. SAV the owner is still around doing his thing. SAV kicks ass if you not putting in the work. He is Vince Gironda lol no fucking about in his gym. He sold everything he had to open this gym back in the day. Atmosphere is just electrifying. Going there is like going on a pilgrimage! I cant travel there daily as its not that near and it closes early so doesn't suit me as I train late evening/night.

JD was a freak with the beauty factor so was a good many on the list. Some did not follow through in IFBB ranks but nevertheless great great champions.

Dorian was definitely dominant. I'm much older than many here and can tell ya all the pros knew back then they were training for second place.. the only one I believe beat d orian for a Olympia was Nasser one year.. Nasser shouikd have got that one.. but Nasser never pulled that good a physique again.. but it was close.. I think it was milos that said " no one is beating Dorian.. we need him to go away before it gets boring "..

Great posts. Dorian definitely was not the best for all 6 of his wins but he was definitely dominant. You only have to hear what the likes of Kevin, Flex and even Shaun say about him now to know he was dominant. They basically thought he was unbeatable.

I was going to mention the size of England then I noticed you did. Some US guys may not realize but the country is tiny. The whole of the UK fits into the US 31 times. Granted the population is high though. But as Lat's alluded to if you want to generalize most people I know in the UK train hard.

Dev you need to follow my new program for you... Indian Mutation... maybe your name will be on that list one day :eek::D

This is cool

There are afew more though, some brits travel aboard an do amature anorlds for pro cards or emerald cups shows

Shaun taverner comes to mind

Have you seen rob Taylor? He's doing an Arnold in a few weeks, could be a new British pro, he looks great

The Barnsley Pitbull :headbang: fucking mad man. he is nuts. always speaks like this.. yo whats up My G. wearing this big long gansta chain lol I am rooting for him.

Jordan is doing his prep. lets see what happens. i wish him the best of luck at Arnold amateur.

Great posts. Dorian definitely was not the best for all 6 of his wins but he was definitely dominant. You only have to hear what the likes of Kevin, Flex and even Shaun say about him now to know he was dominant. They basically thought he was unbeatable.

I was going to mention the size of England then I noticed you did. Some US guys may not realize but the country is tiny. The whole of the UK fits into the US 31 times. Granted the population is high though. But as Lat's alluded to if you want to generalize most people I know in the UK train hard.

Dev you need to follow my new program for you... Indian Mutation... maybe your name will be on that list one day :eek::D

Thats the thing Dorian destroyed them mentally. They all felt they fighting Mount fucking Everest come the D Day at the Olympia.

Sure he was not the best for all his six wins but thats the case with most of the Mr O. if we see overall factoring everything Dorian had them by the balls. The line up of guys Dorian stopped and did NOT allow to win Mr O was arguably the greatest lineup in the history of bodybuilding.

ok so why did these pros not come out and ended Dorian's reign then ? I am sure they would have loved to if they could lol

lets hear some names of these pros you are talking about..

Dorian was the best bodybuilder for six years in a row in the world. Everyone worth their weight prepped every year to dethrone him but they could not/ did not and that is a FACT.

Like I said. Bodybuilding is qualitative as opposed to quantitative and opinions determine winners. Additionally you use the word destroyed without defining what destroyed means. Winning is not the same as destroying.

Ask anyone on this board and they will tell you a different name of a high ranking bodybuilder who Dorian beat but who's physique was competitive. My example would be Nasser. Dorian certainly beat him but his olympia win over Nasser has been questioned for years meaning it was a close contest thereby negating Dorian "destroying" Nasser and many other bodybuilders.

Last edited:
Like I said. Bodybuilding is qualitative as opposed to quantitative and opinions determine winners. Additionally you use the word destroyed without defining what destroyed means. Winning is not the same as destroying.

Ask anyone on this board and they will tell you a different name of a high ranking bodybuilder who Dorian beat but who's physique was competitive. My example would be Nasser. Dorian certainly beat him but his olympia win over Nasser has been questioned for years meaning it was a close contest thereby negating Dorian "destroying" Nasser and many other bodybuilders.
Stop fiddling with the words

You said "Dorian definitely destroyed some but not all of the world's pros" that's what u said.

so what do you mean by "destroyed" here if I may ask you instead, as you are using the word destroyed yourself but still asking me to define it for you! Do you use words without knowing their meaning and what they stand for ? lol

and which pros he did not destroy ? names ?? "worlds pros" whatever u referring to by that means nothing. back up your stuff with facts or don't say anything at all.

As the saying goes ....

"You never win the sliver. You only loose the gold".

First runner up is the first looser who got destroyed by the person who took the first place and so on

We all have our fev who we think looked better or should have won.
I get that.

I am a massive Kevin Levrone fan and would have given him 2 Mr O easily over Dorian but I can't change the facts regardless how much it sucked to see him never win the Mr O.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thats the thing Dorian destroyed them mentally. They all felt they fighting Mount fucking Everest come the D Day at the Olympia.

Sure he was not the best for all his six wins but thats the case with most of the Mr O. if we see overall factoring everything Dorian had them by the balls. The line up of guys Dorian stopped and did NOT allow to win Mr O was arguably the greatest lineup in the history of bodybuilding.

Dorian is one of my favorites but he didn't destroy one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, Lee Haney. Haney beat him in his (Lee's) last Mr. Olympia appearance. Lee, along with Ronnie, has 8 wins and is still one of the greatest Mr. Olympias of all time!

Last edited:
Remember, Lee Haney beat Dorian in his last Mr. Olympia appearance. Lee, along with Ronnie, has 8 wins and is still one of the greatest Mr. Olympias of all time!
of course they are Bio mate. Correct. And yes Haney did beat Dorian on his first attempt at the O. No one can argue that.

I was only referring to his straight six wins after that when the lineup started getting refreshed with emerging names like Levrone, flex, Nasser, Shawn etc

Old crop like the great gaspari and labrada who had been great competition in Haney's reign also sort of finished with him departure.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Dorian is one of my favorites but he didn't destroy one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, Lee Haney. Haney beat him in his (Lee's) last Mr. Olympia appearance. Lee, along with Ronnie, has 8 wins and is still one of the greatest Mr. Olympias of all time!

Although I think if Haney would have carried on he would have beaten him. It happens to all of the top guys... Lee retired at a perfect time. Who do you think would have won if they both competed in their prime at the same time? I guess Dorian changed things and Lee wouldn't have won at that time. But if Dorian competed in Lee's time would the judging be different :confused: The same as Dorian probably would have lost to Ronnie later on. Me personally no one more was impressive than Ronnie but I do prefer Dorian.

Where are John hodgson and mike Sheridan I thought they were pros after 1986? Both good guys.

I have met quite a few of those British pros over the years, very honest and interesting guys.

Eddy ellwood really was an absolute monster, likely bigger than them all. Real mass monster.

Where are John hodgson and mike Sheridan I thought they were pros after 1986? Both good guys.

I have met quite a few of those British pros over the years, very honest and interesting guys.

Yeah.. Mike Sheridan competed Ifbb as a pro a couple of times..

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws