over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would like to buy a house. Bad credit

bananas007

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Can any of the experienced folks advise me.

I have bad credit from past medical bills that have followed me. It shows 11 collection bills in my credit score. All from couple surgeries I had to have 3 years ago.

Fast forward, to now and I have often thought about buying a house instead of renting. but I feel like I am not going to be able to secure a mortgage.

Is there any way a person in my shoes can go about buying a house, or will I just have to do it cash?

I can go check at a bank, but I feel like they are simply going to run my credit and deny me.

Can any of the experienced folks advise me.

I have bad credit from past medical bills that have followed me. It shows 11 collection bills in my credit score. All from couple surgeries I had to have 3 years ago.

Fast forward, to now and I have often thought about buying a house instead of renting. but I feel like I am not going to be able to secure a mortgage.

Is there any way a person in my shoes can go about buying a house, or will I just have to do it cash?

I can go check at a bank, but I feel like they are simply going to run my credit and deny me.
What is your credit score?

Hey, been there done that. I had medical bills from many years ago too that destroyed my credit. I brought my credit up from 545 to 675 in 1 year. I got them all off with only paying 2 small ones. My best friend specializes in that.

What is your credit score?

Yes, he can go to Credit Karma for free and see what it is on Transunion and Equifax. Also he can see what needs to be address on those credit reports.

Cedit score

Transunion 711

Equifax 688

Just checked this morning on credit karma. They r higher than I expected them.

Cedit score

Transunion 711

Equifax 688

Just checked this morning on credit karma. They r higher than I expected them.

Did you see any open collections? Those scores are good enough, but a lender could require you to pay any open accounts. Also, how old are the medical bills if they are on your report?

Did you see any open collections? Those scores are good enough, but a lender could require you to pay any open accounts. Also, how old are the medical bills if they are on your report?

Surgery 2014; bills hit collection August 2016.

I can pay them but is there a way I can negotiate to get them off my records? Would getting a lawyer help?

Surgery 2014; bills hit collection August 2016.

I can pay them but is there a way I can negotiate to get them off my records? Would getting a lawyer help?

Yes and some you might be able to get off without paying. I only paid 2 out of 6 for half price. I PM you.

I used to get people approved for loans for a living lol.

Sometimes if you have an attorney they can get stuff cleared without you having to pay, or pay very little. For instance, a client had a lawyer get bad things erased off of his credit because they were preventing him from getting a job that would in turn allow him to improve the credit. Therefore, the collectors were forced to settle without my friend having to pay a cent.

I would 100% advise you to go to a consultation with an attorney who specializes in this. It would be worth paying the $200 to see if you have a case or if there is anything they can do for you.

If the attorney can't help, see what you can do about settling with the companies. They will typically settle for a significantly smaller sum than the debt you owe if it has been a few years.

1.) Make sure you make ALL of your payments on time from now on.

2.) Make sure you utilize LESS THAN 10% of your available credit!!!

For example, if you have a credit card with a $10k limit, never utilize more than $1000 of it at the end of a billing cycle. Creditors like to see you have a lot of available credit with only a small percent utilized. Shows you're not living off of credit and that you don't have other debt to pay off before you can pay them. Keeping low balances will make your credit increase every month.

Credit Karma is garbage. If you have a capital one card their app is great for credit tracking. If not, go to a car dealership and tell them you want them to check if you can get approved for a car loan, and that before you test drive you want to make sure your credit is good enough ( Obviously you're not going to test drive. Tip the sales guy $20 because he doesn't get paid to watch you fill out a piece of paper LOL) They can usually give you your EquiFax, transunion, and Experian credit scores. Keep in mind there are a couple different scores for each credit bureau. Depending on which bank you use for the loan they will look at a different score. Chase uses TransUnion, for example, for car loans.

Direct Message me if you have any questions !! :)

I used to get people approved for loans for a living lol.

Sometimes if you have an attorney they can get stuff cleared without you having to pay, or pay very little. For instance, a client had a lawyer get bad things erased off of his credit because they were preventing him from getting a job that would in turn allow him to improve the credit. Therefore, the collectors were forced to settle without my friend having to pay a cent.

I would 100% advise you to go to a consultation with an attorney who specializes in this. It would be worth paying the $200 to see if you have a case or if there is anything they can do for you.

If the attorney can't help, see what you can do about settling with the companies. They will typically settle for a significantly smaller sum than the debt you owe if it has been a few years.

1.) Make sure you make ALL of your payments on time from now on.

2.) Make sure you utilize LESS THAN 10% of your available credit!!!

For example, if you have a credit card with a $10k limit, never utilize more than $1000 of it at the end of a billing cycle. Creditors like to see you have a lot of available credit with only a small percent utilized. Shows you're not living off of credit and that you don't have other debt to pay off before you can pay them. Keeping low balances will make your credit increase every month.

Credit Karma is garbage. If you have a capital one card their app is great for credit tracking. If not, go to a car dealership and tell them you want them to check if you can get approved for a car loan, and that before you test drive you want to make sure your credit is good enough ( Obviously you're not going to test drive. Tip the sales guy $20 because he doesn't get paid to watch you fill out a piece of paper LOL) They can usually give you your EquiFax, transunion, and Experian credit scores. Keep in mind there are a couple different scores for each credit bureau. Depending on which bank you use for the loan they will look at a different score. Chase uses TransUnion, for example, for car loans.

Direct Message me if you have any questions !! :)

I think that is bad advice. Many car dealers run several sites looking for best rates. Any time you put a hard inquiry on your reports, that drives your score down. Most car dealers only pull one report. I don't know any car salesman wants just $20 when they want to sell you a car, LOL.

I only told him originally to go to Credit karma because it is free and he can see exactly what is on his report. Better advice you should have given him is go to MyFico.com and sign up for a 3 reports. On there you can see ALL FICO score models and it only costs $29.95 a month. Most car dealers use FICO 8 and it is NOT the same score as Mortgage credit loans. So going to a car dealer is not going to show you right score for mortgage. At any given moment I can go on that site and know exactly what my score is for credit cards, Cars, Mortgage. Not to mention it has a forum that is big as this or bigger and people can answer any question he wants for free. Did I mention he won't get any hard inquiries either? Save your money from an attorney, you got guys on this forum who know more then most. :)

Last edited:
I guess I should clarify

I grew up in a very nice and quiet suburb.

it was a great place to be a child - a place where the few police that we had would hang out with the community, play ball, bbq etc.

most people knew each other, everyone was friendly.

then, it got flooded it mongoloids on the taxpayer dime in the name of 'progress' and 'diversity'

white flight, real estate values tanked, gangs, crime, drugs, etc.

just had 4 highschool boys murdered not too long ago.

the police force now has a giant SWAT team with those massive black truck/tank hybrids

a certain demographic will still wave at you and say 'howdy neighbor'.. basically all the other ones will size you up and stare you down menacingly (i'll let you guess which is which)

this is why I plan on renting forever lol.. when the demographic shit hits the fan, I'm paying the fine to break the lease and getting TFO of there.

it's like owning a stock (that you can't sell quickly) in a company that decides to stop doing everything that made it great and profitable

yeh
I got the pm. I will contact them.

Scores are not everything right? even if I have fair scores, I can still get denied?

I will start out by reaching out to some lenders, not looking to buy until next march or april but atleast start looking at places and get some ideas.

I guess I should clarify

I grew up in a very nice and quiet suburb.

it was a great place to be a child - a place where the few police that we had would hang out with the community, play ball, bbq etc.

most people knew each other, everyone was friendly.

then, it got flooded it mongoloids on the taxpayer dime in the name of 'progress' and 'diversity'

white flight, real estate values tanked, gangs, crime, drugs, etc.

just had 4 highschool boys murdered not too long ago.

the police force now has a giant SWAT team with those massive black truck/tank hybrids

a certain demographic will still wave at you and say 'howdy neighbor'.. basically all the other ones will size you up and stare you down menacingly (i'll let you guess which is which)

this is why I plan on renting forever lol.. when the demographic shit hits the fan, I'm paying the fine to break the lease and getting TFO of there.

it's like owning a stock (that you can't sell quickly) in a company that decides to stop doing everything that made it great and profitable

I have always lived/ grew up in the "hood" or poor/er side of town.

As I get older, safety is definitely important, don't want unnecessary bull shit to waste my time, but I don't need to be in a pristine neighbor hood.

I hear you

but you don't get to pick your neighbors

or in my old town's case, the people who the government puts next to you, and steals your money to subsidize.

yeh
I got the pm. I will contact them.

Scores are not everything right? even if I have fair scores, I can still get denied?

I will start out by reaching out to some lenders, not looking to buy until next march or april but atleast start looking at places and get some ideas.

You got good scores, enough for a loan. Depends on lender and their requirements. They are different. Some might require you to pay those open medical bills. Anyways it is better to take care of them ahead of time. And paying them by negotiating does not mean they will take them off your credit. They will just be shown as paid collections. A skilled guy who knows what he is doing will negotiate those debts ad get them off your report. Like I said, some you might not have to pay, depends on certain things, like accuracy and how they reported it. I only paid 2 out of 6 and that was half price.

I think that is bad advice. Many car dealers run several sites looking for best rates. Any time you put a hard inquiry on your reports, that drives your score down. Most car dealers only pull one report. I don't know any car salesman wants just $20 when they want to sell you a car, LOL.

I only told him originally to go to Credit karma because it is free and he can see exactly what is on his report. Better advice you should have given him is go to MyFico.com and sign up for a 3 reports. On there you can see ALL FICO score models and it only costs $29.95 a month. Most car dealers use FICO 8 and it is NOT the same score as Mortgage credit loans. So going to a car dealer is not going to show you right score for mortgage. At any given moment I can go on that site and know exactly what my score is for credit cards, Cars, Mortgage. Not to mention it has a forum that is big as this or bigger and people can answer any question he wants for free. Did I mention he won't get any hard inquiries either? Save your money from an attorney, you got guys on this forum who know more then most. :)

I was a finance manager at a car dealership for years and have directly worked with people to help them improve their credit because I talked with the guys at the banks who were in charge of acquiring the loans. I know exactly what they look for. Idk what experience you have directly but I can assure you that I probably have more lol. Please take my advice on this

Transunion, Experian, and equifax scores will all be different because they weigh different things into the score. If one score is low, the person helping you acquire the mortgage (if he/she is good at her job) will reference higher scores from other bureaus and point out the good things in your credit report.

Typically banks use an 08 model but it depends on if its TransUnion, Equifax, or Experian as well. Kinda hard to explain but each credit bureau has multiple scores.

Running credit only really takes off 1 POINT. So if you are a 711, if you pull your credit your score it might drop to 710. Nothing drastic at all. Its a huge myth that this greatly effects your credit score. On-time payments and percent of utilized credit are the two heavy hitters in determining score.

When I said go to a car dealership this is what I meant, because its free, unless you want to be courteous and tip the guy that greeted you:

1.) Walk in
2.) Tell them you need to have your credit checked because you're interested in a new car but don't know if you can be approved
3.) Fill out credit app
4.) They will run credit, ask them to run all 3 bureaus
5.) Ask for the scores, they NEED to give them to you BY LAW, with a credit report so you can see exactly what your negatives are
6.)Tip the sales guy $20 and say "hey bro, sorry, but I want to wait until my credit gets better, I appreciate your help". If you go into a high-end luxury dealership, you can't qualify for the advertised "Tier-1 Plus" lease prices unless your Experian ( for Lexus they use Experian I believe, might be equifax but ) is above 720 anyway.

There is really no better way to go about it. Credit Karma gives BS scores. I've had people come in and show that credit karma gave them a 900 credit score, but we run the credit and its low 700s, or even high 600s sometimes. Millionaires with multiple paid off expensive mortgages and NO credit utilization RARELY have above an 850. And that's IMPECCABLE credit.

Please, take my advice. Until a couple months ago when I switched to working for an investment company, I dealt DIRECTLY With the loan BUYERS at all of the major banks to get people approved for loans. I can't see how anyone else could have a more hands on type of experience.

Pesty, I appreciate your input, but some of it doesn't make too much sense. I'm sure you're a smart guy, but all of us have expertise in different subjects my man :)

Last edited:
I was a finance manager at a car dealership for years and have directly worked with people to help them improve their credit because I talked with the guys at the banks who were in charge of acquiring the loans. I know exactly what they look for. Idk what experience you have directly but I can assure you that I probably have more lol. Please take my advice on this

Transunion, Experian, and equifax scores will all be different because they weigh different things into the score. If one score is low, the person helping you acquire the mortgage (if he/she is good at her job) will reference higher scores from other bureaus and point out the good things in your credit report.

Typically banks use an 08 model but it depends on if its TransUnion, Equifax, or Experian as well. Kinda hard to explain but each credit bureau has multiple scores.

Running credit only really takes off 1 POINT. So if you are a 711, if you pull your credit your score it might drop to 710. Nothing drastic at all. Its a huge myth that this greatly effects your credit score. On-time payments and percent of utilized credit are the two heavy hitters in determining score.

When I said go to a car dealership this is what I meant, because its free, unless you want to be courteous and tip the guy that greeted you:

1.) Walk in

2.) Tell them you need to have your credit checked because you're interested in a new car but don't know if you can be approved

3.) Fill out credit app

4.) They will run credit, ask them to run all 3 bureaus

5.) Ask for the scores, they NEED to give them to you BY LAW, with a credit report so you can see exactly what your negatives are

6.)Tip the sales guy $20 and say "hey bro, sorry, but I want to wait until my credit gets better, I appreciate your help". If you go into a high-end luxury dealership, you can't qualify for the advertised "Tier-1 Plus" lease prices unless your Experian ( for Lexus they use Experian I believe, might be equifax but ) is above 720 anyway.

There is really no better way to go about it. Credit Karma gives BS scores. I've had people come in and show that credit karma gave them a 900 credit score, but we run the credit and its low 700s, or even high 600s sometimes. Millionaires with multiple paid off expensive mortgages and NO credit utilization RARELY have above an 850. And that's IMPECCABLE credit.

Please, take my advice. Until a couple months ago when I switched to working for an investment company, I dealt DIRECTLY With the loan BUYERS at all of the major banks to get people approved for loans. I can't see how anyone else could have a more hands on type of experience.

Pesty, I appreciate your input, but some of it doesn't make too much sense. I'm sure you're a smart guy, but all of us have expertise in different subjects my man :)

I was specifically told by my lender not to do what you said about the dealership. My lender said no hard inquiries before I got my loan could and would possibly affect their decision on my mortgage loan.

Btw, credit karma had my score right on par with the lenders and was even scored lower on credit karma than some of the banks scores.

No offense but I think your advice sucks for most cases. You do not need a dealership to find your correct scores at all. It will definitely not help your score in any way and just put more hard inquiries for no reason I can think of.

If you already applied for the loan, yes, don't run credit. Dealership was a way to get accurate scores because credit karma sucks and if your lender says its good then you need a new lender.

Don't have to take my advice. I'm probably better than your lender, no offense. Was better than almost everyone else at my job and made way more money because of it.

Take care.

If you already applied for the loan, yes, don't run credit. Dealership was a way to get accurate scores because credit karma sucks and if your lender says its good then you need a new lender.

Don't have to take my advice. I'm probably better than your lender, no offense. Was better than almost everyone else at my job and made way more money because of it.

Take care.

I get that and it's definitely true not to run credit during the process. My lender didn't say anything about credit karma at all. I just noticed the number with transition and equifax were nearly identical from both karma and the dealerships credit check.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws