over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Real Legend

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH7oaJplxv0"]THE LEGEND Albert Beckles Interview - YouTube[/ame]

WOW

He is 87 years old!!!! I would have guessed him early 70s in that video. He looks great!

He is 87 years old!!!! I would have guessed him early 70s in that video. He looks great!

Or 79 years old, who knows how old he really is :D

In any case, very youthful. I wonder what his stack is to maintain that vitality and longevity :D

When I was 15( 1985) ..... I went to see a seminar that Albert held .....I was impressed by his chest and biceps thickness.......I remember him, saying he dietedi on chicken or fish and pineapple ......off season he did rice and chicken ......he did mod volume ...12. To 15 sets a body part.......everything done twice a week ....after the seminar he signed pictures .....he asked me my age and I told hiim 15 .....he was shocked ....and said I was a big boy ............al wasn't super genetically gifted ....narrow shoulders ,not a real small waist ,mediocre bowed legs .......to think he got 2 ND in the Mr o one yr I believe is crazy .......I later saw him train at the north Hollywood golds ( where Piana trained in LA most his life ) .....he was strong .....liked higher reps ....trained fast as well ......he is nice man ...never seemed caught up in the scene .....glad he is doing good ........doubt he used much gear .......he trained hard and dietEd on I think 1200 to 1500 cals a day .........definitely an inspiration and a legend. .

Wasn't he still competitive at the O when he was in his 50's or even older?

Excellent interview.
I remember seeing his sick split bi as a teen and being like [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing him in a muscle magazine doing posing pics at the age of 60. At the age of 60 he made guys in their 20's and 30's look like they weren't trying very hard.

When I was 15( 1985) ..... I went to see a seminar that Albert held .....I was impressed by his chest and biceps thickness.......I remember him, saying he dietedi on chicken or fish and pineapple ......off season he did rice and chicken ......he did mod volume ...12. To 15 sets a body part.......everything done twice a week ....after the seminar he signed pictures .....he asked me my age and I told hiim 15 .....he was shocked ....and said I was a big boy ............al wasn't super genetically gifted ....narrow shoulders ,not a real small waist ,mediocre bowed legs .......to think he got 2 ND in the Mr o one yr I believe is crazy .......I later saw him train at the north Hollywood golds ( where Piana trained in LA most his life ) .....he was strong .....liked higher reps ....trained fast as well ......he is nice man ...never seemed caught up in the scene .....glad he is doing good ........doubt he used much gear .......he trained hard and dietEd on I think 1200 to 1500 cals a day .........definitely an inspiration and a legend. .

Albert was a great competitor.. When I was 19 I went to Cali for the first time.. Went straight to worlds.. This was 1987.. Albert was there training shoukders.. Very strong for his size.. I remember him grabbing the 110 db and doing shoulder presses.. Many will say they can do that but not the way Albert did.. He did about 8 reps.. Not to failure.. Rest about 45 seconds to a minute.. Then did it again.. Then again.. He finally failed on the 4th set.. He did the same with laterals and upright rows.. Like you said he trained very fast and still had lots of strength.. I asked for a picture and got one.. ( I'll have to locate it) .. He was no more than 5'7 or 5'8.. Said he was 230 pounds.. I believe this was about 8 weeks from the O .. . I do have a old MuscleMag International where he trained chest and he did the same routine.. Picked a weight for a set number of reps and kept doung sets until he couldn't do the required reps.. He was amazingly strong .. In the article he used 130 pound db for incline press .. An article about 10 years ago said he still could crank out reps on chest db press with 110s .. :cool:

Great interview. Always nice to see the legends of the sport talking about their methods. Although thanks to Iabadman and LATS for the added info as I like hearing stories like that. I sometimes train that way myself. The db's don't go heavy in some gyms I go to. So sometimes I may just use 25-30kg db's for presses but do very slow and controlled reps (5 sec negative). I will do about 3-5 sets of say 12-15 reps with 20 secs rest between sets so I only start really failing on the last 1 or 2 sets. His diet also sounds nice too... my fav meal is probably beef with pineapple. Always good finding out little bits of info about these guys.

Albert was a great competitor.. When I was 19 I went to Cali for the first time.. Went straight to worlds.. This was 1987.. Albert was there training shoukders.. Very strong for his size.. I remember him grabbing the 110 db and doing shoulder presses.. Many will say they can do that but not the way Albert did.. He did about 8 reps.. Not to failure.. Rest about 45 seconds to a minute.. Then did it again.. Then again.. He finally failed on the 4th set.. He did the same with laterals and upright rows.. Like you said he trained very fast and still had lots of strength.. I asked for a picture and got one.. ( I'll have to locate it) .. He was no more than 5'7 or 5'8.. Said he was 230 pounds.. I believe this was about 8 weeks from the O .. . I do have a old MuscleMag International where he trained chest and he did the same routine.. Picked a weight for a set number of reps and kept doung sets until he couldn't do the required reps.. He was amazingly strong .. In the article he used 130 pound db for incline press .. An article about 10 years ago said he still could crank out reps on chest db press with 110s .. :cool:

No pop tarts ?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner