over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Growing Old F**(*

brucepancake

Registered
Things are changing. Today I was doing deads from the rack and could really feel my umbilical hernia I had surgery on a few years back. I posted this thread to find the best belt for this. I really dont want a thick leather one but one a bit more forgiving. I would also like recommendations on solid knee wraps. The other day doing light squats I felt a weird felling in my knees. Its hard to explain but I just think wraps would help in the near future.

Thanks

How about rack pulls in lieu of deadlifts?

For belts. Elitefts has a couple of 6mm belts that are good imo. For knees. Unless you are squatting beastly weight I'd go with knee sleeves instead.

Thats what I was thinking. Any brands that you have used?

I sure do. For knee sleeves I am a fan of rehbands. For elbow sleeves I like mueller. Saw Shelby Starnes wearing them years ago. They are cheap and effective.

Thats what I was thinking. Any brands that you have used?

Get some of the STrong knee sleeves from Mark Bell. Theyre fantastic. Spud inc makes some nice ones too that have loops on them to help pull them up which makes them much easier to get on

If you haven't already done so, start looking into things like curcumin and HYA. The age thing simply means more inflammation from lessor activity. And with inflammation, comes pain. All my 35+ guys swear by Curc and HYA and always come back to it when they take a month off from it.

Screw dead lifts! Why do these. After my hernia surgeries I stopped exercises that will cause the hernia to tear again.

Screw dead lifts! Why do these. After my hernia surgeries I stopped exercises that will cause the hernia to tear again.

I rarely do them and dont go very heavy. I just love the tightness it brings my back and help keep it thick. I probably didnt explain it well. I use a smith machine and it only allows me to bend down a bit. Not a full dead lift.

And thanks for the suggestions guys. I would rather hear from you what works than an ad. I think I am going to try the spud. Great reviews and I like the straps to help pull them up.

Last edited:
Things are changing. Today I was doing deads from the rack and could really feel my umbilical hernia I had surgery on a few years back. I posted this thread to find the best belt for this. I really dont want a thick leather one but one a bit more forgiving. I would also like recommendations on solid knee wraps. The other day doing light squats I felt a weird felling in my knees. Its hard to explain but I just think wraps would help in the near future.

Thanks

hey friend, im no medical expert on your specific issue (hernia) but remember proper use of a lifting built is different from how most guys you see wear one. you wear a belt a little loose, enough to fit your thumb under, or even a little looser, and then you press and brace your core against it during your lift. the belt isnt there to squeeze you tight, that defeats how it works to make you stronger in lifts. using it the correct will actually help strengthen your core and help you lift more, rather than how most guys do it, which will promote weakness in the long run.

having said that, i dont know how this will impact its use with a hernia.

I rarely do them and dont go very heavy. I just love the tightness it brings my back and help keep it thick. I probably didnt explain it well. I use a smith machine and it only allows me to bend down a bit. Not a full dead lift.

And thanks for the suggestions guys. I would rather hear from you what works than an ad. I think I am going to try the spud. Great reviews and I like the straps to help pull them up.

i think you arent using the belt correctly or it isnt fit right if it restricts your movement. look up a westside barbell or efs video on how to properly use a belt. you should be able to do a full conventional deadlift with one on.

Thanks

How old are you?

If you haven't already done so, start looking into things like curcumin and HYA. The age thing simply means more inflammation from lessor activity. And with inflammation, comes pain. All my 35+ guys swear by Curc and HYA and always come back to it when they take a month off from it.

I am taking tumeric. Is that ok instead of curcumin and what is HYA?

hey friend, im no medical expert on your specific issue (hernia) but remember proper use of a lifting built is different from how most guys you see wear one. you wear a belt a little loose, enough to fit your thumb under, or even a little looser, and then you press and brace your core against it during your lift. the belt isnt there to squeeze you tight, that defeats how it works to make you stronger in lifts. using it the correct will actually help strengthen your core and help you lift more, rather than how most guys do it, which will promote weakness in the long run.

having said that, i dont know how this will impact its use with a hernia.

It doesn't necessarily help strengthen your core. What it does is allow you to push your abdominal wall out into the belt which increases intra abdominal pressure and thereby braces the spine. Increased intra abdominal pressure could be a bad thing for a guy with a hernia that's bothering him though

It doesn't necessarily help strengthen your core. What it does is allow you to push your abdominal wall out into the belt which increases intra abdominal pressure and thereby braces the spine. Increased intra abdominal pressure could be a bad thing for a guy with a hernia that's bothering him though

Its not really bothering me. Its healed and I never feel it. It actually feel better and stronger than it use to. That mesh shit is amazing. I just wanted to continue to do some rack pulls maybe 2 or 3 times a month with a little bit of support.

Fucking HATE threads like this...

It's just not fair that we can't stay in our 20s forever.

At this point I would take being back in my 30s

I am taking tumeric. Is that ok instead of curcumin and what is HYA?

The amount of turmeric you have to take in order to equate to the results of even 100mg of the sterile form of curcumin is EXPONENTIALLY greater. As is the cost! It's the latter that drives my decision. And I'm just speaking to guys in your EXACT age range. Sure, the belts/sleeves mask the pain and allow for performance, but they don't heal and prevent/reverse/stop damage and inflammation, which is what will bother you the rest of the day.

An no, I don't sell curcumin, but I ensure all the guys coming to me for advice USE it! And as stated, not one has regretted it. And those that would take a month off were reminded of what it was like before they implemented it.

Someone else above mentioned feeling like they were in their 20's. That's a comment I hear from these same guys who use curcumin as part of their "health" oriented approach to physical/performance improvement. I know a couple are even on here and hope they'll chime in.

As for the HYA, that's Hyaluronic Acid. I'll let you do the legwork of research. But that one too is a godsend for joints with most. In fact, the older the trainee, the more they notice it. Not to mention benefits in the skin as well.

I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just informing you what's been done and what has worked for so many that have tried so much already.........

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws