over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your experience with melatonin

mexicanhombre

Newbies
What have your guys experience been with melatonin. I have not had much success when I have used it for insomnia but I have a few friends that swear by it.

If it work for you can you please list the dosage and brand you use.

I am willing to give a few different brands a try before giving up on it. It would be cool to find a "safe" alternative.

What have your guys experience been with melatonin. I have not had much success when I have used it for insomnia but I have a few friends that swear by it.

I am willing to give a few different brands a try before giving up on it. It would be cool to find a "safe" alternative.

It's great for me. It's strong in one sense but I doubt strong enough for someone with severe insomnia. Could it help them... of course... but more of 1 element in a stack of things. I sleep at various times so it helps me when I am trying to sleep earlier. It also has many health benefits so it's a great supplement.

I use NOW Foods brand at 5-10mg. Sometimes 10mg can make me feel a bit weird but nothing overly bad. I combine it with ZMA for overall sleep and recovery. That is my stack but I don't really struggle with sleeping but it has definitely improved my sleep and overall recovery. Perhaps you need something stronger or a combination of similar items. Are you stressed, using aas/drugs or taking stimulants in the 8 hours before bed?

does not work for me at all. it works on some people i know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I take 5mg. It makes me drowsy. Also magnesium is good for resting. ZMA like Eliva mentioned has magnesium in it and b-6 for converting things like 5-htp and seratonin into melatonin. I hear good things about Dr Parsley's sleep cocktail. Use the Robb Wolf discount code. Also New Mood by Onit. Use the Joe Rogan coupon for that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Melatonin is a godsend for me. I have used it on and off for years with great success. Recently I have tried the sublingual and it works even better for me. ZMA helps for a good nights rest as well.

I take one serving of NyQuil, 3mg melatonin, and 1/2 aspirin every night. I had bad insomnia for years. This cocktail has worked very well for me. My doctor said it's much safer than any prescription sleep meds.
I buy the vitaminshoppe brand of melatonin because it's dirt cheap and it works.
The 1/2 aspirin I throw in as a blood thinner since my hemoglobin and hematocrit tested high a few months ago.
I take this cocktail then lie down and watch tv to relax. I fall asleep an hour or so later. The DXM in the NyQuil gives some interesting dreams.

does not work for me at all. it works on some people i know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Low dosages did nothing. Higher dosages gave me crazy nightmares and I'd wake up the next day just not feeling quite right the entire day.

Spring Valley brand fast dissolve 10mg melatonin. I put one between my cheek and gum....let it dissolve, and I am usually asleep within a half hour. As a bonus they are strawberry flavor and taste good too.

Low dosages did nothing. Higher dosages gave me crazy nightmares and I'd wake up the next day just not feeling quite right the entire day.

Yea...I take 10 mg...but I'm not quite right most of the time anyway....:D

I absolutely love melatonin. I notice falling asleep is easier and quality of sleep greatly improves. I take 6mg right before bed, vitamin world brand.

I suffer from insomnia as well, and even prescription sleep aids haven't worked well for me. I use 10mg melatonin and 2 Benadryl every night. Most nights I'm able to sleep fairly well with this combo....Benadryl, zzyquil, unisom they are all the same compound. cant remember the name off the top of my head

I suffer from insomnia as well, and even prescription sleep aids haven't worked well for me. I use 10mg melatonin and 2 Benadryl every night. Most nights I'm able to sleep fairly well with this combo....Benadryl, zzyquil, unisom they are all the same compound. cant remember the name off the top of my head

Diphenhydramine

generally weak, depending on what s your insomnia cause by...I mix 20mg +.75 clonidinie, + 25mg benadryl, + 20 mg Propranolol ( I come back from the the gym at 2am, and it s kinda hard to chil, when u ve taken ECA stack b4 that) and some type of benzo or Z pill - ambien,clonazepam, lorazepam, or just Lunesta, or Geordorm ( the best) but u cant get it with an RX in the US,have to buy it from Europe or Asia...but in my deffence i take alot of gear, sleep during the day, so I have to take something to sleep....

meanwhile- u cant overdose on melatonin - i ve read numerous articles , and pl who used it for first time and reached 30 mg just felt disoriented....

My insomnia is moderate but I don't want to start taking stacks. Large part of it could be caffeine induced. I take 1 cup coffee in am, 1 cup at noon and 1 cup at 5 pm pre work out. I also take 5 mg lexapro in evening which also causes some sleeplessness for me (but for now the benefits outweighs the negatives; so I can't ditch it).

I will have to cut down to 1 cup in am and see how it goes. My training will suffer without caffeine but sleep is as valuable as a good training session.

I have been using it for 20 years> With good results. It is not a sleeping pill. It just sets you up to fall asleep in a natural manner. And has various positive health benifits. I have used many brands with good success. The studies I read years a go with children that had sleep disorders were using 9mg with good results. I use 5mg mostly as I work graveyard shift and am dealing with jet lag most of the time.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws