over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cream of rice

I'm guessing it is a medium to high on the index due to seeing a number of people using cream of rice pre-workout and adding peanut butter to slow the absorption down. I've also seen a few using it post workout but without the added fat.

John Meadows
Luke Sand... (UK)
Jordan Peters
many more

John has a video about him using it for pre-workout.

I have it with all my meats... chicken, beef, turkey, etc... It makes consuming the meats far, far easier. It's basically my main carb source. And no, I'm not remotely fat and digestion has never been better. However, individual variation and all that.

What is the glycemic index on cream of rice? Didn't find anything on Google

If eating just COR and nothing else, high. But most aren't eating it solo, which then changes things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cream of rice glycemic index is around 78, higher than you'd think. I don't have the tab up anymore but I just found it out. Its on google.

oh man cream of rice is the SHIT!!!! I love it postworkout....

bowl of cream of rice, bit of agave, cinnamon, and 1 scoop vanilla TN whey isolate :cool:

i eat it pre, and a couple chicken breasts (strange combo i know), its a great fast burning carb, gives me a nice energy boost right before i hit the gym.

biggest reason i like it - doesnt bloat the shit out of me like oatmeal does.

Cream of rice is Very similar to grits. Digests better for most I suppose than corn..

Wish TN would carry it......:lightbulb:

I keep suggesting it to them...maybe at some point it will happen:p

Only some stores carry it where I live (I live a bit of ways out of town as well), and it's in those expensive little tiny boxes, lol.

Cream of rice glycemic index is around 78, higher than you'd think. I don't have the tab up anymore but I just found it out. Its on google.
If you combine the meal with a fibrous veggie it will lower the GI of the meal drastically ;)

Haha when i read post about people liking healthy food it makes me think im eating the wrong thing.

Everyone is like i love cream of rice. I love it too if i put poptarts in it and carmel sauce

isn't cream of rice is just grinded down white rice?we don't have it here..

isn't cream of rice is just grinded down white rice?we don't have it here..

Yeh.

I get ground rice from amazon in the U.K.

Yeh.

I get ground rice from amazon in the U.K.

Hilly which one u get mate ? i have tried from Waitrose ground rice & Go Nutrition brand with a hint of vanilla they say. taste disgusting. couldn't make it right. always bloated me where as rice (basmati) never does.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hilly which one u get mate ? i have tried from Waitrose ground rice & Go Nutrition brand with a hint of vanilla they say. taste disgusting. couldn't make it right. always bloated me where as rice (basmati) never does.

Tried 4 brands. There all the sake. Ground rice. Its obv the way you are making it bud.

Tried 4 brands. There all the sake. Ground rice. Its obv the way you are making it bud.

i think that could be the issue lol

Luke gave me his recepie as his cream of rice looks well mint but i fucking couldn't get mine to look like that lol he said to keep stirring & stirring. do little more in microwave & stir again. something like that.

Nah man no microwabe BS. Just boil a pot of water, add the cream of rice, and stir for like 20 seconds then take off the heat and its done. Add some ice cubes to cool to temperature you can eat it at without scalding your tongue, and you're good.

They don't have cream of rice over here either so I have to make my own. Basically grab whatever desired amount of basmati WHITE rice you got, wash it, let it dry completey, then ROAST IT.

Spread it evenly on a wide ass sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes at 250c or until slightly golden. Let cool a bit then throw in a food processor.

This is how I make mine (pre-workout)...

55g COR
200ml water > microwave 4:15 minutes
Add 1 TBSP coconut oil
3 packets splenda
1/4 tsp fine salt (kosher or ground himalayan) < GUYS THIS IS CRUCIAL, YOUR FOOD CANNOT TASTE AS SOON IF IT DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH SALT TO BRING OUT ITS TASTE IN THE FIRST PLACE
Either: 1 tsp vanilla extract OR 1 small packet of condensed milk (20 cals, I prefer this to vanilla extract but obv can do both)
Mix in: 1 medium banana (25g carbs)

Tastes absolutely delicious. You can also add a bit of maple syrup and replace bananas with 30g raisins.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws