over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just wanted to say hello again.

rmtt

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys....it's been awhile since I have been on here. Sorry for a wall of text, but wanted to update some people and maybe if someone is going through the same experience...this might help.. Last time I was on regularly, things were going great. Had a decent look going for me at a good weight, and as I always monitor blood work....I felt the best I have had in forever especially since I am getting older (40+). But I have always been one to be very conservative about anything I take....and I have a great personal friend who happens to be my MD, and I tell him about everything I do.

So sometime around the start of 2016, I started getting these pains in my right lower rib cage area and in the same area on the opposite side of my back. Go to the Dr., and he suspects Gall Bladder. I tell him that it can't be as nothing I eat affects it, and it comes on at weird times. However over the course of the year, I get an ultrasound (Shows gallbladder and everything else fine), Get a Cat-scan (Fine) and then a HIDA scan (Fine.) They also told me they were worried about my Pancreas as I was loosing weight although I tried to tell them that I couldn't work out as that made it hurt...so my appetite had dropped. But it was normal as well. Keep in mind that any blood work that I had done always came back perfect during this time frame.

But they still say Gall Bladder and I even get scheduled for surgery. On the way home from the appointment, I called and canceled it as I knew that wasn't the issue. So I finally see my MD friend and he suggests something called Tietze syndrome. Inflammation of the cartilage around the ribcage area. I read up on it, and sure enough that sounds like what I am experiencing as I was training for a bench competition when all of this started.

So I start seeing a physiotherapist he recommends, and he says that I also have a bunch of "knotting" up in the serratus muscles in that area. He said they felt like little pellets, and that it could have been some tearing in that area at one time. So I start going through all of this massage therapy, getting adjustments from a Chiro, some trigger point therapy....and over the course of a few months things start to get better.

So the gist of things is that I didn't work out at all for the entire year last year and most of this year, and was finally given the okay to start training again about a month ago. Not being able to lift weights was depressing. At the time I was only on my prescribed TRT...but figured what was the use of that if I couldn't train. (Stupid I know). But I stopped TRT, changed my diet around, and basically did stuff that didn't cause me any pain...which was mostly cardio related. So I didn't take anything other than a multi-vitamin and some fish oil for the last 14 months or so.

Ended up dropping a good bit of weight. Here are some examples.

1st Pic - Before all this started...I think I was around 200 lbs.

2nd Pic - almost a year with no weights...I think around 175 lbs.

3rd Pic - what I am starting with after being back in the gym for about a month. About 165 lbs.

So as you can see I lost a pretty good bit of muscle. But I was determined that I wasn't going to let myself go even if I couldn't train so I tried to stay lean.

I plan to start back on my TRT again. I have a good handle on my diet, and am now ready to start adding back some weight. I feel really good right now, and ready to "blow" things up...well within my conservative approach anyways. I hope that you all are doing well and plan to try and be on the board more. I have learned so much over the years from the guys here...and feel like a kid again now that things are going to start falling into place.

v7yhCb1.jpg
[/IMG]

tzgsAqj.jpg
[/IMG]

Now here is
xXfpBqh.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry to hear about all the trouble. BTW, you look good in the 3rd pic...lean and muscular! Welcome back!!

At your age, I take the 165 and that third picture. You look good there and stay healthy.

I appreciate the kind words guys! As you may know...I am fairly short (5'7"), so any weight loss or gain for that matter is dramatic looking on me.

In the 3rd pic, I feel like you can't even tell that I look like I lift weights when I'm dressed.

My plan was to very slowly add calories back in and see how much of the lost muscle I could get back...but while staying as lean as I can. I keep a spreadsheet of my daily intake, and know how many calories it takes to stay the same weight....been tracking it for months after I couldn't exercise. (I'm OCD about things like that).

But I wouldn't mind another 10 lbs or so of muscle while keeping my BF lower if it will come back naturally.

I honestly don't know what my BF is in that last picture, but have had to adjust my calories as my workouts have ramped up as I found myself dropping weight the last 2 weeks!

Glad to hear you got it figured out before they cut out your gallbladder. Looking good though I'm sure you're body will get a nice extra kick once you add the trt back in.

Pic # 3 you look best bro. lean, vascular and defined. you can see muscle striations on your inner pecs. keep up the good work! getting back on your trt will definitely help. Id say keep on your diet and stay with the lean ripped look with your trt incorporated. Peace and Love

Hi rmtt. Glad your doing better and to have you back. Your 3rd pic looks great. Looking awesome. What does your diet consist of and your style of training? Just a thought, why not make a better version of yourself (the 3rd pic),instead trying to "blow" things up as you put it. Thank you in advance.
Take care.
MS

I've got to agree, 3 is your best look. Surprised you didn't lose more size going off TRT. That's awesome man. Good to see you back at it!

Hi rmtt. Glad your doing better and to have you back. Your 3rd pic looks great. Looking awesome. What does your diet consist of and your style of training? Just a thought, why not make a better version of yourself (the 3rd pic),instead trying to "blow" things up as you put it. Thank you in advance.
Take care.
MS
Right now...I actually started back doing a modified version of Wendlers 5/3/1 program. It was what I was doing before all this happened, and my body responded well to it. I typically trained 3 days in a row and then a day off, but if I felt good I would get a 4th day in just following the program before a day off.

But I would do the opposite as well....if I felt worn down after 2 days, I would take a day off. So just going by feel.

As for diet, I started logging all my meals and macros. Bought a food scale and all. Started at 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, 1 gram of carbs per pound of bodyweight, and about .4 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight.

At the start I think I was averaging about 2000-2100 calories. Then I just tracked my weight and made adjustments if I was losing too fast as I wanted to try and conserve as much muscle as I could since I couldn't lift.

I found out some interesting things about my body throughout all of this....but this is me. Everyone needs to figure this out for themselves as everyone is different.

1. I don't need nowhere the amount of protein that I always thought I did. I think I average 135- 150 grams a day now, and since being back in the gym, I'm constantly making progress on my lifts. Now call it muscle memory...or maybe even newbie gains as I was out of the gym for a long things. So I will see if that changes in the future.

2. The GI of carbs did not affect my fat loss. As long as I stayed within my macros for total number of carbs for the day, I could eat pretty much anything from simple sugars to complex carbs.

Both of my parents have diabetes, so I was concerned about that. But my A1C came back perfect, and my fasting blood glucose was in the upper 60's.

3. Timing of these carbs didn't matter either. In the past I always consumed most of my daily alottment of carbs around my workout. But since I wasn't training, I just didn't worry about it.

Now granted I didn't just eat a lot of crappy food...90% of my diet was healthy and 10% was pretty much what I wanted as long as I didn't go above my daily macros.

Doing this was really like I was never even dieting, so it was easy to stick with.

But I can't honestly say just how lean someone could get using an approach like that. I haven't been tested, but I figured I am around 15% body fat in that last picture.

But it was really easy in the grand scheme of things. Plus dropping 30+ pounds makes me look like a boss doing pull ups! [emoji3]

I also made sure that I got a minimum of 30 grams of fiber a day through diet and a supplement.

Just had my last physical and my blood work came back stellar aside from the Dr telling me that I had the Test levels of a 90 year old man. That's when I came clean with him and told him that I hadn't been taking it. But I got a lecture of how low test can have implications as well, So that is why I'm starting back on it.

My cholesterol levels have always been good even when on TRT, so I was never really concerned about that.

But all I have been taking is an Animal multi-Pac, and also their fish oil product.

So I plan to stay this course and just try to listen to what my body is telling me.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind adding another 10-15 lbs of muscle, but we will see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

All pics look good, and it is very hard to keep the figure well at your age. Very Nice!

It's good to have you back :)

By the way you genuinely look best (by far) in the 3rd pic. That's the ebst you have ever looked imo. You are looking great so any improvements will be a bonus. I would try and stay as lean as you are now and just had a few quality pounds and you will look fantastic.

It's good to have you back :)

By the way you genuinely look best (by far) in the 3rd pic. That's the ebst you have ever looked imo. You are looking great so any improvements will be a bonus. I would try and stay as lean as you are now and just had a few quality pounds and you will look fantastic.

Thanks man!

I have been pouring over the board looking for your posts to see what you have been up to as you are one of the busiest guys I know of on here.

Always contributing and helping out others.

Also I think you should be working as a Gourmet Chef in some of the worlds finest eating establishments.....looking at some of the random dishes you just "whip up" for yourself is just incredible!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity