over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metabolic damage..is it real?

cujolaverga21

Registered
Had coaches for a couple/few years now and they all start me at around 2600 calories for a cut. I don't lose on that so we always end up doing double cardio sessions and 1800 calories to get my weight to move.

When I first started, I had way less muscle and the coach put me on 1600 calories and I lost 25 lbs in 2 months with zero cardio.

What gives? It's frustrating to saybth e least

38yrs
5'10, 220..11%

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention that since then, my weight has been a constant battle as I developed a very unhealthy relationship with food. Winter fat, summer lean...though not as lean as I'd like. I always fall short. Could really use some input guys

Had coaches for a couple/few years now and they all start me at around 2600 calories for a cut. I don't lose on that so we always end up doing double cardio sessions and 1800 calories to get my weight to move.

When I first started, I had way less muscle and the coach put me on 1600 calories and I lost 25 lbs in 2 months with zero cardio.

What gives? It's frustrating to saybth e least

38yrs
5'10, 220..11%

Because your metabolic requiments are different. I use the inbody machine and it gives me my basal metabolic rate. Stick to that number and you shall be in a deficit.

Sounds like they have you in a nutrient deficit as bad as a calorie deficit

People need to realize that not all calories are equal

2000 calories from ice cream are going to have a different impact than 2000 calories of chicken , eggs and veggies.

Unless you have a very very slow metabolism and a slow training regimen I can't see a male 200 pounds reasonably lean taking less than 2500 calories

Well, this is awesome. (2) 45 minute cardio sessions and strict calorie counting for a lb a week. Some said it was real, others say a myth. Just wasn't sure

I'm not sure if this matters but he had me out on one of those masks that you breathe into that measures rmr..was 2050. I know my macros were on point too. Doing the math, it's not making sense

Sounds like they have you in a nutrient deficit as bad as a calorie deficit

People need to realize that not all calories are equal

2000 calories from ice cream are going to have a different impact than 2000 calories of chicken , eggs and veggies.

Unless you have a very very slow metabolism and a slow training regimen I can't see a male 200 pounds reasonably lean taking less than 2500 calories
Holy fuck dude, Finally someone that think like me.

People thinking a Calorie is a Calorie are fucking dumb, They piss me off so much.

Eating 2000 Calories of Bread,pasta,Icecream, soda. Thinking its the same as eating 2000 calories of Beef,Chicken,Fish, Eggs, Fruits and veggies. Is the same are out of their fucking mind.

THE FOOD CHOICE YOU EAT MATTER.

How many calories are you eating before the diet started and what was the break down?

How are your hormones? Have you had a full thyroid panel?

Holy fuck dude, Finally someone that think like me.

People thinking a Calorie is a Calorie are fucking dumb, They piss me off so much.

Eating 2000 Calories of Bread,pasta,Icecream, soda. Thinking its the same as eating 2000 calories of Beef,Chicken,Fish, Eggs, Fruits and veggies. Is the same are out of their fucking mind.

in what regard?
health? sure.
body composition? nope. you're wrong.
get yr protein needs in and it doesnt matter what u eat to fill the rest of yr macros for getting lean or gaining weight, doesnt matter at all.
wait. now yr gonna say u can eat 1000 cals a day over maintainence and stay lean eating "clean?" pfffft. wrong. u aint gonna change the laws of physics. if u think u can yr outa yr fuckin mind.

in what regard?
health? sure.
body composition? nope. you're wrong.
get yr protein needs in and it doesnt matter what u eat to fill the rest of yr macros for getting lean or gaining weight, doesnt matter at all.
wait. now yr gonna say u can eat 1000 cals a day over maintainence and stay lean eating "clean?" pfffft. wrong. u aint gonna change the laws of physics. if u think u can yr outa yr fuckin mind.

Lol your fucking dumb.

If you think eating 2000 Calories of Bread, Pasta, Icream and soda, you will have the same body composition of someone eating.

2000 calories of Eggs,Beef,Chicken,Fish, Fruits,Veggies, Your fucking dumb.

The 2 people will have difference physique and body composition If they eat this over a long period of time and train.

Why the fuck do you think Drunk ass people who drink develop of a Gut. Different type of food affect you differently. Body composition and Health.

I go as far as to say, That Food affect you Hormonally. Eating 500 calories of Beef is not the same as Eating 500 Calories of Pasta.

Think before you post stupid shit.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this matters but he had me out on one of those masks that you breathe into that measures rmr..was 2050. I know my macros were on point too. Doing the math, it's not making sense

What are your macros

RMR doesn't take into effect your TDEE unless they used some sort of multiplier to account for your training.

I use a spreadsheet. Log my calories in for the day, log my weight for the day....and as long as I am pretty constant with my training frequency so that variable is taken care of......it usually gets me pretty close to what I need to maintain, gain, or lose. Typically takes about 3 weeks of data to get going well, but then it is pretty spot on and I just make adjustments from it.

Dividing the Macros up to fit those caloric needs is a different animal as everyone is so different. With myself I have learned that I can get by with a little less protein, and do better with more carbs and just enough fat (Healthy) to round things out.

But I will say that 90% of my food is clean...and the other 10% isn't really considered unhealthy unless eaten in large quantities.

Lol your fucking dumb.

If you think eating 2000 Calories of Bread, Pasta, Icream and soda, you will have the same body composition of someone eating.

2000 calories of Eggs,Beef,Chicken,Fish, Fruits,Veggies, Your fucking dumb.

The 2 people will have difference physique and body composition If they eat this over a long period of time and train.

Why the fuck do you think Drunk ass people who drink develop of a Gut. Different type of food affect you differently. Body composition and Health.

I go as far as to say, That Food affect you Hormonally. Eating 500 calories of Beef is not the same as Eating 500 Calories of Pasta.

Think before you post stupid shit.

FWIW, drunk people develop a "gut" because of alcoholic liver disease / cirrhosis / ascites. Unless you're talking about them just being fat in general, and that's because of bad dietary choices in general and being in caloric surplus.

I can / do diet on pasta, bread, tortillas (flour, oh no!), dairy products, cereals, whatever. Hell, I even eat pork rinds and light ranch daily on a diet. He's not wrong just because your beliefs don't line up with his. Do I think you need nutrition? Yes, of course. I also eat EVOO, eggs, beef, etc. I just don't think you have to "eat clean and only clean bro." Does this mean you can do the same on sugar and soda? Some can, most can't, and seems like a waste to me.

Hitting your macros is more important to body composition than anything else. If you need to eat 2500cals to lose fat and eat 3000 of clean foods, you're not going to drop anything.

As far as the cheat meal / refeed goes--the strategy I employ is this:

Do I need a refeed? If yes, am I going insane for junkish food? If yes, then I just have junkish food that nails the macros for one meal (or I save up two meals worth of cals/macros for the day and do that). Will it effect body composition at all?

Fuck no.

You take a hit on cheat meals as refeeds when you don't control it. That's the problem. Proper planning prevents this. Most restaurants have nutrition data for everything these days. If you want to go out to eat for your refeed / cheat meal, just pre-plan it and you'll be fine.

Thats the average id say. It varied from week to week. I'm not a small guy..not huge, but decent. Surely I can lose fat eating more than 1600 to 2000 calories. My hormonal panels looked good with no indication of a thyroid issue whatsoever. Guys WAY smaller than me laugh at me when I tell them my macros

20170916_025316.jpg

P.s. don't laugh at my chest..lol. I work it hard..it just doesn't grow😣

How long you been in a deficit for?

I cut down for about 12 weeks before I went on vacation, and near the end I seen more sticking points than anything.

After a week of eating at slightly higher than my maintenance calories, I came back home and started my deficit again. Within two weeks I was about 3 lbs lighter than when I stalled.

Sometimes it just takes a break of a couple of weeks and just eat to maintain to give your body a chance to "reset".

Thats the average id say. It varied from week to week. I'm not a small guy..not huge, but decent. Surely I can lose fat eating more than 1600 to 2000 calories. My hormonal panels looked good with no indication of a thyroid issue whatsoever. Guys WAY smaller than me laugh at me when I tell them my macros

View attachment 94703

You are lean and look good, the leaner you are the harder it is to lose more fat

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member